sunderland

Big River

6 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I love how whenever a mackem comes on here it's like when a lass drops into an online game full of 13 year old lads trying to play it cool, who then inevitably immediately lose the plot. 

How would a grown bloke know these things ?

Hard drive needs checked ???

4 minutes ago, TeddySAFC said:

I mean, I did sign up and post months ago, but whatever suits your agenda..

Hello Teddy, Welcome back.  I can imagine it is tough feeling like you are in the centre of a pack of wild animals who are circling around you, closing in, looking for a point of weakness so they can pounce....  Most people on here are going to treat you well and with respect as long as you do the same.  Of course there will be some sniping, you may call in banter or you may see it as baiting for a reaction....  all amounts to the same thing.  It is always fine with us to have an opposing fan in the group to add some flavour and alternative opinion.  Hopefully you last a bit longer than last time and have slightly thicker skin for the banter...

48 minutes ago, TeddySAFC said:

What I would say is that I wouldn't turn my back on Sunderland if they has KSA / State ownership but I wouldn't be overly proud about it.

Your fans, and every other fanbase, would react in the exact same way that NUFC fans have done.

Go and have a look on Red Cafe and witness how Man Utd fans are now praying for an oil state to come in for them.

2 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

How would a grown bloke know these things ?

Hard drive needs checked ???

You might not believe it considering my aloof-but-relatable online persona, but I was once one of those 13 year old lads.

For some of us the internet existed when we were 13? :coolsmiley:

14 minutes ago, TeddySAFC said:

I mean, I did sign up and post months ago, but whatever suits your agenda..

Aye marra I seen that. Your last post before our loss to Sheff Wed was May 2022. Attracted back by your biggest result of the season. [emoji38]

Just now, Wallsendmag said:

Aye marra I seen that. Your last post before our loss to Sheff Wed was May 2022. Attracted back by your biggest result of the season. [emoji38]

You think what you want fella, You seem very sensitive about it. 

4 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

You might not believe it considering my aloof-but-relatable online persona, but I was once one of those 13 year old lads.

For some of us the internet existed when we were 13? :coolsmiley:

? Tell me about it. 13yr old me in Berwick had to make to with this heap of shit

hqdefault.jpg

1 minute ago, TeddySAFC said:

You think what you want fella, You seem very sensitive about it. 

Not at all marra. I admire your bottle. If the roles were reversed and Newcastle were a lower league club going nowhere and Sunderland were suddenly the richest club in the world with the brightest possible future imaginable (it gives me shivers even typing it!) there is no way I could bring myself to post on a Sunderland forum and be in and amongst all their euphoria. It wpuld be like my worst nightmare so like I said, I admire you for that.

5 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

Not at all marra. I admire your bottle. If the roles were reversed and Newcastle were a lower league club going nowhere and Sunderland were suddenly the richest club in the world with the brightest possible future imaginable (it gives me shivers even typing it!) there is no way I could bring myself to post on a Sunderland forum and be in and amongst all their euphoria. It wpuld be like my worst nightmare so like I said, I admire you for that.

Going nowhere [emoji38], best placed the club has been for about 10 years.

2 minutes ago, TeddySAFC said:

You were a steady Premier League club 6 years ago and were all delighted with the job Sam Allardyce was doing so that isn't really true is it [emoji38]

2 minutes ago, TeddySAFC said:

Yeah it's a bad state of affairs but true nonetheless. 

Anyway, I wish people would quit with the "richest club in the world" shit, our owners are very rich but we have no idea how much they want to invest. We did have a billionaire owner once who didn't want to invest even if he was richer than other owners.

4 minutes ago, TeddySAFC said:

10 years ago you were in the PL and propped up by Ellis Short. How is your current position better than that?

2 minutes ago, madras said:

Yeah it's a bad state of affairs but true nonetheless. 

Anyway, I wish people would quit with the "richest club in the world" shit, our owners are very rich but we have no idea how much they want to invest. We did have a billionaire owner once who didn't want to invest even if he was richer than other owners.

They've already invested well over £200m on new players, the stadium and training facilities so my guess would be that they are prepared to invest a lot.

To mention them in the same context as Mike Ashley is pathetic tbh.

11 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

You were a steady Premier League club 6 years ago and were all delighted with the job Sam Allardyce was doing so that isn't really true is it [emoji38]

We were only a steady PL club in league status alone, haemorrhaging money, huge debt, little to no re-sale value in any of the squad, large contracts on players worth nowhere near the wages they were being paid. Behind the scenes was a shambles, Short left the club to rot which is why we then fell down the leagues and out of the Championship.

It was a ticking time bomb which eventually exploded, We are in a far better position now than we were then.

10 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

They've already invested well over £200m on new players, the stadium and training facilities so my guess would be that they are prepared to invest a lot.

To mention them in the same context as Mike Ashley is pathetic tbh.

Prepared fair enough but  FFP means we can only spend what we create and right now we are nowhere near Chelsea, the Manchester clubs, Liverpool so we could be potentially the richest for all we have the richest owners.

The Ashley bit was just to say rich owners don't necessarily mean rich clubs.

Edited by madras

13 minutes ago, TeddySAFC said:

We were only a steady PL club in league status alone, haemorrhaging money, huge debt, little to no re-sale value in any of the squad, large contracts on players worth nowhere near the wages they were being paid. Behind the scenes was a shambles, Short left the club to rot which is why we then fell down the leagues and out of the Championship.

It was a ticking time bomb which eventually exploded, We are in a far better position now than we were then.

Left the club to rot? He wrote off hundreds of millions in debt man. [emoji38]

Edited by Wandy

Just now, Wandy said:

Left the club to rot? He wrote off hundred of millions in debt man. [emoji38]

He wrote money off because he would never have had a buyer to purchase the club for the price it was 'valued' at, He then 'sold' the club to two blokes who used the clubs own parachute money for the purchase, So aye, he left the club absolutely up shit creek.

Are you suggesting he left the club in remotely a good place here? [emoji38]

If Ashley had sold us to some chancers, we got relegated twice, then sold again to not so rich but smart custodians then gotten a promotion and seeing the club progressing with a clear plan and ambition, I'd say we would be in a better position now in the Championship compared to being in the PL under Ashley.

My worry for champo clubs is the spending needed as the gulf in quality between that and the PL is huge.

Forest spent what was it?? £150m plus on 20+ players but theyre only 3 points from 2nd bottom.

Weve spent more than double that but the game against sheff weds has highlighted that our options outside of the 1st team are poor.

If you look at the current bottom 3, do any champo clubs have better squads?

2 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

My worry for champo clubs is the spending needed as the gulf in quality between that and the PL is huge.

Forest spent what was it?? £150m plus on 20+ players but theyre only 3 points from 2nd bottom.

Weve spent more than double that but the game against sheff weds has highlighted that our options outside of the 1st team are poor.

Have we? I didn’t have us down as spending £300m+ on signings. 

4 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

It's not about how much you spend but how you spend it though isn't it? Alongside creating saleable assets that you can then sell on to reinvest, the likes of Brighton and Brentford are examples.

Edited by TeddySAFC

He wrote money off because he would never have had a buyer to purchase the club for the price it was 'valued' at, He then 'sold' the club to two blokes who used the clubs own parachute money for the purchase, So aye, he left the club absolutely up shit creek.

Are you suggesting he left the club in remotely a good place here? [emoji38]

He still didn't have to write that debt off. He could have truly "let you rot" in the lower leagues for a generation but instead he accepted that he had fucked up and just cut his losses to get out of town, but also let you recover more quickly. Do you think Mike Ashley would have wrote off £200m+ plus in debt if he owned you?

Short was a poor owner in terms of making some rotten footballing decisions but financially he was incredibly generous. The trouble with SAFC fans is they paint Short as an appalling owner and pin all of the club's failures from 2017 onwards directly onto him, when the truth is that the fanbase played a massive part in the malaise by demanding a manager should be sacked every 9 months. And 6 years on that same fanbase are still doing that shit. It's never about them though.

It's not about how much you spend but how you spend it though isn't it?

to a degree, until you need quality. You can’t go on hoping to squeezing into a play  off place with loanees and kids . Whilst I agree the model is an admiral way of doing it money talks as ever and you lot will  be years off being able to compete in the PL. 

Glad you won at the weekend by the way .