Pre-season (2024/25)

bowlingcrofty

2 minutes ago, Rich said:

Aye that’s a good shout. Just seems weird that the team against Chelsea was otherwise our “best” XI.

I think it’s more seeing what Miley could do with better guys around him to make a decision on if he’s involved this season or not. 

Just now, Oregon_Geordie said:

There are thousands of blokes on Instagram posting amateur football goals and moves that are actually 1000 times better with the ball than Paul Dummett.

It's madness how bad he is with the ball at his feet lol

Can they back peddle so furiously to get the ball on their left it makes them slip over so they can a concede a throw in though? Doubtful.

Barnes has had a couple of sharp moments, Bruno’s hit a few nice passes, Ashby loves a slide tackle, Anderson’s everywhere, and Ritchie never stops moving. That’s all I’ve got for that half.

Just now, RobS said:

debating bed :D got an early start, not sure i can be bothered with another half like that, shocking most the time sadly

Not the most thrilling football you'll see.

3 minutes ago, Rich said:

Aye that’s a good shout. Just seems weird that the team against Chelsea was otherwise our “best” XI.

Bruno doesn’t look remotely near full fitness mind so I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a 50/50 thing. Be interesting to see if he does  full team then back up team next weekend. 

Just now, reefatoon said:

I know Murphy is living his best life and loves smiling, but fucking hell he’s shite.

He has his moments. Ain't shit going on down the right and that can't be all his fault.

Just now, TRon said:

He's made some decent interceptions dropping deep tbh.

He's been areet, I'm not trying to say he's been awful. He's not the sharpest, though, and he's looked a bit too easily frustrated at times. Its pre season, though, it'll happen to everyone. He is one of our best players though so you're naturally going to want to see him play to his highest standard.

No surprise with the line up especially when you consider Lascelles and Dummett are the ones playing it from the back. Can someone tell me what the fuck Murphy is doing, he's spent the whole half jogging about whilst offering nothing going forward or as defensive cover. 

Just now, JZT said:

Also weird how negative it gets on here 

Wait until the Villa game. If we’re not 2 up after ten we’re going down and it’s all because we sold Karl Darlow.