General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

I must say. It's so much fun being a Newcastle United fan these days.

We've spent so long being shit. I'm pretty happy just being a good team atm. I'm looking at Liverpool fans online encouraging Diaz to leave.

And I'm here like... Trippier & Livramento might be best 1&2 RBs I've seen for us. Pope arguably no. 1 GK. Bruno the best CM I've seen. Isak the best in a generation. Wilson top 5. I'm enjoying it so much.

I'd be disappointed to finish 7th and not get into Europe. I'd be disappointed to lose Bruno or Isak. But man... I've enjoyed.

5 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

I must say. It's so much fun being a Newcastle United fan these days.

We've spent so long being shit. I'm pretty happy just being a good team atm. I'm looking at Liverpool fans online encouraging Diaz to leave.

And I'm here like... Trippier & Livramento might be best 1&2 RBs I've seen for us. Pope arguably no. 1 GK. Bruno the best CM I've seen. Isak the best in a generation. Wilson top 5. I'm enjoying it so much.

I'd be disappointed to finish 7th and not get into Europe. I'd be disappointed to lose Bruno or Isak. But man... I've enjoyed.

This is how I feel, things aren't perfect, but  getting up for a 2am kick off to see us play bruceball had me questioning my choices in life. We've an articulate professional manager, building the most exciting squad we've had in decades, with a plan for the future as well. 

If we kiss Europe next year, yeah it would be a bit shit but we know the owners have a vision for us and it was never going to be a straight line yo success

Anyone else doing the Callum Wilson / Shola online Q&A event tomorrow? Organised by the club, think it was yet another ballot thing to gain access

Tell you what though, I’m glad all these players who look mentally shagged have to fly off to Australia next week for two friendlies 

Now that we've finished ahead of Man United / every club over the course of the PL ... are Spurs the only other club to do that without having won a title? I didn't check every season but I don't think Everton have ever finished ahead of Arsenal.

On 18/05/2024 at 16:19, PauloGeordio said:

Up there with the best away followings I've been in. Friday night game IIRC ?

49 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

Now that we've finished ahead of Man United / every club over the course of the PL ... are Spurs the only other club to do that without having won a title? I didn't check every season but I don't think Everton have ever finished ahead of Arsenal.

pretty sure Everton haven't finished above MU either 

back in the 90s / 00s it used to be a case of anyone that could finish above MUwould probably win the league

obviously not the case anymore but still quite satisfying as I grew up with a lot of glory hunting MU fans 

3 minutes ago, Ginola14 said:

pretty sure Everton haven't finished above MU either 

back in the 90s / 00s it used to be a case of anyone that could finish above MUwould probably win the league

obviously not the case anymore but still quite satisfying as I grew up with a lot of glory hunting MU fans 

Everton finished above man utd in 2013/14 season

1 minute ago, El Prontonise said:

Everton finished above man utd in 2013/14 season

yikes so they did, seems so long ago since Everton were quite good 

The amount of shots I took as a kid because I wanted to be Laurent Robert.... [emoji38]

I'll never forget my grandads face when he and my dad got back after that Spurs game. Genuinely thought he'd just seen two of the best goals he'd ever seen at SJP.

21 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

The amount of shots I took as a kid because I wanted to be Laurent Robert.... [emoji38]

I'll never forget my grandads face when he and my dad got back after that Spurs game. Genuinely thought he'd just seen two of the best goals he'd ever seen at SJP.

I was right in front of the second one, never seen a strike with more purpose, thank god for goal nets, someone could have got really hurt 

If you ever needed proof that we live in the matrix, go watch the documentary Goal.

Cant remember which season it follows, and who scored theirs first, but Santiago Munez scores a freekick against Liverpool, that is pretty much a carbon copy of the exact freekick Robert also scored against Liverpool.

3 minutes ago, TBG said:

If you ever needed proof that we live in the matrix, go watch the documentary Goal.

Cant remember which season it follows, and who scored theirs first, but Santiago Munez scores a freekick against Liverpool, that is pretty much a carbon copy of the exact freekick Robert also scored against Liverpool.

2003/04

They filmed some on-pitch scenes at the final whistle of that Liverpool game.  

They replicated Robert's goal because they spliced together the match footage.

6 minutes ago, Sima said:

2003/04

*04/05  :whistle:

(Kluivert, blue away kit, etc)

17 minutes ago, Sima said:

2003/04

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952fqan7oopk8f0gknt0w

4 hours ago, PauloGeordio said:

????

That left foot ? ? 

Missing a lovely fk away at Derby to start the turn around too. He was having a shocker too til then. I had a lovely view of that one bending in. 

4 hours ago, TBG said:

It was his goal that was used in footage.