General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

3 hours ago, El Prontonise said:

They'll keep nufc.co.uk and just do a 302 redirect to that new domain.

Mind I hope they've done their SEO properly for it.

Ever kissed a girl?

33 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Proud of the club for this. After doing away with anything remotely altruistic during the Ashley era it would be great to see the club be more of an incubator for social initiatives.

One thing jumped out at me on the recent season ticket quote:

The club has once again frozen prices for all junior categories, while thousands of supporters will continue to pay prices set during the 2011/12 season as part of a long-term price freeze deal.

This is mental - almost 15 years of the same price set under Ashley. Do supporters under that deal have the right to just keep renewing indefinitely?

4 minutes ago, jonny1403 said:

One thing jumped out at me on the recent season ticket quote:

This is mental - almost 15 years of the same price set under Ashley. Do supporters under that deal have the right to just keep renewing indefinitely?

Next season is the last season of that deal 

1 hour ago, LFEE said:

We should get a N-O team together. With @Optimistic Nut and @ponsaelius surely we’d have it in the bag…

https://x.com/worflags/status/1784329173487493600?s=61

Won this twice before. :) Won the media access tickets for two games, got to sit in Rafa's post-match press conferences (we were introduced to him first time). I'm in. 

28 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Listening to JT getting quizzed on the Simon Jordan podcast. One little nugget of info was Charnley & co went to speak to him (& Arteta) before deciding to hire Bruce…

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/up-front-with-simon-jordan/id1683837570?i=1000653529233

Thought the Arteta link was well-known.  Apparently Arteta sought advice from different people about the job and was advised not to go near it.

I was reading somewhere (can’t find it) about this being our highest scoring season. It is going to be. We are on 74 already (2.18 goals per game; GD 19).

Converting all PL seasons to 38 games (was 42 in our first two seasons) means that best we have done previously is 1993-94, 1.95 gpg, so 74 overall (82 actually), GD 41; 2001-02, 74 scored GD 22; 2022-23 scored 68, 1.79 gpg, GD 35; 2002-03 scored 63, 1.66gpg, GD 15; 1999-00 scored 63, GD 9. 
So Eddie’s free scoring Mags will have two of the five highest scoring seasons in his first two full  seasons. 

Edited by Coffee_Johnny

Following on from the manager 5 a side team yesterday, whats the best XI of footballers in their prime, ever to play for us at some point?

Given

Trippier  Campbell  Woodgate   Pearce

Beardsley   Gascoigne  Keegan   Waddle

Rush    Shearer  

Quite attacking heavy. A couple in there who were possibly the best in the world at a point in time. 

28 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Following on from the manager 5 a side team yesterday, whats the best XI of footballers in their prime, ever to play for us at some point?

Given

Trippier  Campbell  Woodgate   Pearce

Beardsley   Gascoigne  Keegan   Waddle

Rush    Shearer  

Quite attacking heavy. A couple in there who were possibly the best in the world at a point in time. 

John Barnes ahead of Waddle?