General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

On 26/07/2024 at 17:13, Mike said:

tbf to @Alan Pardew didn't it work literally one time?

It worked plenty of times lads. Just because the immediate thing to happen isn’t a goal doesn’t mean it’s ineffective. Gives the opposing team something to think about. Remember when we got 5th place? Good times. 

Been reading Schmeichel‘s book (it was 99p, please forgive me) and Ferguson’s reaction here is interesting

“In the Premier League, we were overtaken by Arsenal, who found incredible form in the run-in and beat us in a decisive game at Old Trafford, for which we were missing so many players. The final nail in our coffin was a 1–1 draw at home to Newcastle after which Fergie exploded in fury–at Ole, of all people. I was injured and watching from near the dugout when Rob Lee went through on goal in the last minute of the game. Ole sprinted after him, caught up and took him down on the edge of the box. Uriah Rennie showed him the inevitable straight red and he trotted off–after a pat on the head from Becks–to a standing ovation. I never saw Fergie so angry. He detested cynical play. As soon as we got to the dressing room he screamed at Ole, absolutely bawled him out. ‘That is NOT who we are. We’re Manchester United. We don’t do that!’ he yelled, and even in the middle of this hairdryer hurricane I think all of us–Ole included–respected his values.”

2 hours ago, Ellis H said:

Been reading Schmeichel‘s book (it was 99p, please forgive me) and Ferguson’s reaction here is interesting

“In the Premier League, we were overtaken by Arsenal, who found incredible form in the run-in and beat us in a decisive game at Old Trafford, for which we were missing so many players. The final nail in our coffin was a 1–1 draw at home to Newcastle after which Fergie exploded in fury–at Ole, of all people. I was injured and watching from near the dugout when Rob Lee went through on goal in the last minute of the game. Ole sprinted after him, caught up and took him down on the edge of the box. Uriah Rennie showed him the inevitable straight red and he trotted off–after a pat on the head from Becks–to a standing ovation. I never saw Fergie so angry. He detested cynical play. As soon as we got to the dressing room he screamed at Ole, absolutely bawled him out. ‘That is NOT who we are. We’re Manchester United. We don’t do that!’ he yelled, and even in the middle of this hairdryer hurricane I think all of us–Ole included–respected his values.”

In my opinion, Ferguson was the most despicable, foul mouthed, bully of all managers EVER in the Premier League.  That bullshit article makes no difference whatsoever to my opinion of him.  I really hope he's reading this, unlikely I know.  Can't stand the bloke.  I definitely don't want any arseholes coming on and telling me the obvious ........ "but wasn't he a very successful manager".  You can fuck off the lot of you.  Awful man.

Just now, Rod said:

In my opinion, Ferguson was the most despicable, foul mouthed, bully of all managers EVER in the Premier League.  That bullshit article makes no difference whatsoever to my opinion of him.  I really hope he's reading this, unlikely I know.  Can't stand the bloke.  I definitely don't want any arseholes coming on and telling me the obvious ........ "but wasn't he a very successful manager".  You can fuck off the lot of you.  Awful man.

Yes ....... I've been out this afternoon.  😆

13 minutes ago, Rod said:

Are you ok?

17 hours ago, Alan Pardew said:

It worked plenty of times lads. Just because the immediate thing to happen isn’t a goal doesn’t mean it’s ineffective. Gives the opposing team something to think about. Remember when we got 5th place? Good times. 

Remember when we got 3rd place? Even better times. 😄

Don't step back Rod. You're totally right. I always think of those arguably unsavoury people who danced at Thatcher's death when it comes to Ferguson. Different politics but equal loathing. An absolute cunt.

1 minute ago, gdm said:

Are you ok?

Of course I am.  You obviously don't know my history when it comes to Sauvignon Blanc.

1 minute ago, Rod said:

Of course I am.  You obviously don't know my history when it comes to Sauvignon Blanc.

Clearly :lol:

Just now, gdm said:

Clearly :lol:

I blame this sunshine.  I'm now on my decking drinking champagne.  Yes, champagne.  Good stuff and all.  Anyone crosses me for the next half an hour will get it both barrells.  Only because I will be asleep within half an hour.  So be quick lads & lasses.

3 minutes ago, JLC said:

Hope the SB was Loire, Rod. None of this NZ muck

Enjoy the champers !

Well I'm sorry but I prefer the Marlborough Sauvignon.  Nowt wrang with the Loire region like, just my preference.

24 minutes ago, Rod said:

Your exactly right. The guy is up there with klopp as the biggest cunt in the game.

the post Aston villa interview just reignited my hatred for the horrible cunt, after all these years he's got nowt decent to say about us. He might be respected, but he isn't liked by anybody. He's got about as much deportment as Hitler's cock

On 26/07/2024 at 10:17, Mike said:

Think I've seen one of us in the wild one time aside from the night in NJ. I'd deffo overreact. Don't have a single problem hollering the blaydon races at a stranger.

I saw someone walking through Philly in a Shearer shirt about a month ago. I yelled "Toon Toon" while driving by at a decent speed. He almost certainly couldn't hear me, probably thought I was insane, and my kids definitely think less of me now.

3 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

I saw someone walking through Philly in a Shearer shirt about a month ago. I yelled "Toon Toon" while driving by at a decent speed. He almost certainly couldn't hear me, probably thought I was insane, and my kids definitely think less of me now.

You did the right thing.

13 hours ago, timeEd32 said:

Next time, you need to use the universal ‘wherever you go you’re sure to find a Geordie’ (and you happen to be driving a car) greeting of: beep-beep, beep-beep-beep, beep-beep—beep-beep… emergency stop (optional dependent upon traffic conditions) wind down window and await “GEORDIES!” reply. 

:pow:

On 28/07/2024 at 15:22, Ellis H said:

I don't remember that happening. My memory has a toon player clean through, cynically brought down but the perpetrator only shown a yellow. Long time ago and memory not what it used to be so could be wrong of course.

19 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Interesting. Don’t think too many would object to that from a moral point of view, but not sure how it stands legally?

4 hours ago, LFEE said:

I think that’s one of the accounts that pretends to be a journalist. 

If not, there is no record of Liam Cello writing for PA so he mustn’t be very good

4 hours ago, SteV said:

Interesting. Don’t think too many would object to that from a moral point of view, but not sure how it stands legally?

I would assume going to matches is not a right, I mean it is a private business. Can't you get banned from Tesco for raising hell for example? In the USA it's called being trespassed and you try and enter, you get arrested.