General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

I imagine Owen has been put on there as he’s our record transfer

Good point! Urghh I had forgotten about that!

Aye he did cost quite a bit like  :lol: and he made goal scoring look easy when he could be bothered.

Wish we had someone like him playing tomorrow  :)

Guest Howaythetoon

Owen under KK was f***ing great for a period to be honest. I hate the c***, but under KK he was an asset and would have only become even more so. The moment Ashley hired Kinnear the moment he and others thought f*** this and basically just gave up. I blame Ashley for how Owen turned out. You could argue professional pride, but howay. Viduka was told to come in when he liked if he promised to do the bizz on match day. Aye nee bother boss :lol:

Owen under KK was f***ing great for a period to be honest. I hate the c***, but under KK he was an asset and would have only become even more so. The moment Ashley hired Kinnear the moment he and others thought f*** this and basically just gave up. I blame Ashley for how Owen turned out. You could argue professional pride, but howay. Viduka was told to come in when he liked if he promised to do the bizz on match day. Aye nee bother boss :lol:

He adapted into a role behind Martins & Viduka. Was glorious for about 6 games. Even start of the relegation season I'm sure he had 1 in 2 upto the New Year then just gave up.

He adapted into a role behind Martins & Viduka. Was glorious for about 6 games. Even start of the relegation season I'm sure he had 1 in 2 upto the New Year then just gave up.

Aye strange that.  I've always been of the opinion that Fergie told him there was a contract there and a nice warm place on the bench for him if he "made sure he didn't get injured".  He was a manipulative old bastard and probably enjoyed watching our downfall.

I think like the other senior players who'd been there a while he'd just had enough of the situation. See Given...didn't Martins also shy out of a match at peak Stoke too under Shearer? I remember him not sounding chuffed about him ruling himself out in the pre match interview.

I think like the other senior players who'd been there a while he'd just had enough of the situation. See Given...didn't Martins also shy out of a match at peak Stoke too under Shearer? I remember him not sounding chuffed about him ruling himself out in the pre match interview.

Aye Martins declared himself unfit when Shearer thought he was ok to play.  Too many players simply didn't give a fuck.  Owen being the worst of the lot considering he was the highest profile, highest payed and the captain.  I'll always hate him for that season.

Guest firetotheworks

The line up ended up quite respectably tbf. I never think of Gazza as a Newcastle player though, personally. For me Rob Lee should be in there instead.

Guest firetotheworks

Just makes a mockery of it.

Tony Green only 10%. My dad will be livid.

Cult figure that there's barely any footage of. It's a shame but it's understandable.

Just makes this sort of thing pointless and meaningless though.

Best thing would have been have a cross-section of maybe 20-30 people in each age range (<20, 21-30, 31-40...80+) and did it that way. Even then the numbers would still edge towards the more recent players.

Gallagher has to be in, Stubbins not nominated, Len White my dad’s favourite player only 3%. I’ve no idea who our greatest 11 should be but some of those nominations are embarrassing considering some of the omissions. Still a canny side mind.

Guest Howaythetoon

Len White Man, again such an underrated footballer. Many older generation fans reckon he was better than Wor Jackie and one of our best ever.

We’ve had some great players play for us over the years and throughout our history we’ve always had great goalscorers, up until recently that is.

Back to White, his stats are insane.