General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Article on Cathro in NYT today: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/30/sports/soccer/soccer-coaches-scotland.html?

This was interesting

“I have still been on the inside,” he said. “I was there after a big victory in the semifinals of the Portuguese Cup, and I was there when there was a halftime scrap beginning in the Premier League. I did not kick a ball and I did not throw a punch, but I was part of the work. I had felt it.”

Wonder when that was and who was involved

Some twats in our support like

First games I could get to in 6 months or so were the last 2 at home, sat in the Leazes for Man City then Gallowgate for Brighton.

Guy calling Sterling a black cunt on several occasions then even said it about Diame later in the match.  Yesterday a guy a couple rows back started calling Hemed "the terrorist" when he came on, then went on at Rafa the "fucking Spanish cunt who needs to fuck off back to Spain"

Never experienced anything like it in 10 years of a season ticket and 21 years of going to matches. Bit mental I had it in 2 games running here like

Sick of everything atm like. The last two-and-a-half months have been absolutely miserable; I include the takeover stuff in that as well tbh. Every single person connected to the club wants it to happen - and the fans, in particular, want it so badly - that the silence incites so much anxiety. And it goes without saying that the on-the-pitch stuff - from players and, to an extent, the manager - is obviously abysmal too.

Sick of everything atm like. The last two-and-a-half months have been absolutely miserable; I include the takeover stuff in that as well tbh. Every single person connected to the club wants it to happen - and the fans, in particular, want it so badly - that the silence incites so much anxiety. And it goes without saying that the on-the-pitch stuff - from players and, to an extent, the manager - is obviously abysmal too.

13th of December was ace, as was the West Ham game. Rest utter shite. :(

Some twats in our support like

First games I could get to in 6 months or so were the last 2 at home, sat in the Leazes for Man City then Gallowgate for Brighton.

Guy calling Sterling a black cunt on several occasions then even said it about Diame later in the match.  Yesterday a guy a couple rows back started calling Hemed "the terrorist" when he came on, then went on at Rafa the "fucking Spanish cunt who needs to fuck off back to Spain"

Never experienced anything like it in 10 years of a season ticket and 21 years of going to matches. Bit mental I had it in 2 games running here like

Not on the same level, and I wasn't there for Man City, but the atmosphere at the Brighton game was something else just for the sheer, unrelenting negativity from the very beginning. It was an absolute shitshow from kick off to full time. Maybe it's nerves, maybe it's due to our recent form, or maybe the post-Christmas drink was catching up with a lot of them but it was soul destroying to try and get behind the team and count three people in your entire block, including yourself, who show any interest at all in vocally supporting the team. Especially this XI, which is really quite brittle confidencewise but play with a lot more pride in the shirt than some of the dross we've had on our books. Screaming "Try man you stupid bastards!" repeatedly probably isn't going to do a lot of good.

I don't mind whinging on principle, god knows I've done my fair share in recent years, but at least make a token effort to get behind the lads before you lose your rag. I'm sick to the backteeth of arseholes who show up 10 minutes into the match, plonk their arse down and immediately start checking their acca only looking up from their phones to shout abuse because we've tried to keep possession rather than lump it forward. Towards the end of the game I ended up in a slanging match with someone who threw a paddy for that exact reason.

It was genuinely the most angry I have ever been leaving one of our matches, more than after any of the recent derby defeats, and it was entirely down to the people sat around me rather than the 11 blokes on the pitch.

Brighton game was the worst atmosphere I’ve experienced in a long while like, hopefully yesterday’s result will help it pick up for Swansea.

This. Wasn’t sure if it was just where I was sat as I’m normally in and around the strawberry corner but the Leazes east corner was terrible.

Brighton game was the worst atmosphere I’ve experienced in a long while like, hopefully yesterday’s result will help it pick up for Swansea.

This. Wasn’t sure if it was just where I was sat as I’m normally in and around the strawberry corner but the Leazes east corner was terrible.

Think there was definitely a lot of hangover after the Man City game, then when people weren’t seeing much improvement they were unforgiving. Had to stop the brother from having a pop at the bloke behind.

I was in the Leazes East corner as well and you're all absolutely right with the posts above.

Atmosphere was unrelentingly toxic from our lot from about 15 minutes in.  Shouting and balling at players whatever they did.

Exactly where I currently sit...and the Brighton game is the most angry I've been with our own support in a very long time. 

I had to bite my tongue constantly.  Doesn't help that every home game I get random people sat next to me in my row.  All of which do nothing but whinge their tits off for the full duration. 

Brighton game was especially bad due to the same lad who was constantly whinging loudly, getting up 6 times during the game to go to the concourse - He also turned up 5 minutes late, left to go downstairs 5 minutes before half time, returned 5 minutes late and then left with 5 minutes left (before Extra Time) - 23 minutes of the game missed.  Pisses me off so much mind.  Just don't bother coming you fucking prick. 

At the end of the day we have a Championship squad trying to compete at a PL level...even if it is 'just Brighton'.