Dan Ashworth (on gardening leave)

Rich

Guest reefatoon

He’s staying then, some folks will have to start liking him again hey.

Just now, TheBrownBottle said:

Questions and mild criticisms still stand for me

His job is to achieve over a very long period of time, it has barely started at all

I have no 'questions or mild criticisms' about him, perhaps I potentially might by (say) 2027, depending on our medium to long term progress.

1 minute ago, manorpark said:

His job is to achieve over a very long period of time, it has barely started at all

I have no 'questions or mild criticisms' about him, perhaps I potentially might by (say) 2027, depending on our medium to long term progress.

Last summer’s transfer window and his appointment of the physiotherapy and medical science teams are questions for me.

Wish I had a job where no-one got to question performance for five years.  

3 minutes ago, manorpark said:

I don’t really know what he does tbh so it’s hard for me to say he is or isn’t doing a good job.

1 minute ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Last summer’s transfer window and his appointment of the physiotherapy and medical science teams are questions for me.

Fact of life, that is (probably) how long it will take to achieve what he and our owners have in mind for him.

We do NOT know what individual items of work he is responsible for so far, we may "choose" to speculate but we do not know and probably never will.

Long term thinking/planning/achieving is so different from current/short term thinking, I know that personally.

1 minute ago, manorpark said:

Fact of life, that is (probably) how long it will take to achieve what he and our owners have in mind for him.

We do NOT know what individual items of work he is responsible for so far, we may "choose" to speculate but we do not know and probably never will.

Long term thinking/planning/achieving is so different from current/short term thinking, I know that personally.

I do agree, but I don’t think a DoF gets five years to achieve results

7 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I do agree, but I don’t think a DoF gets five years to achieve results

Might be six, might be ten, might be three.

For OUR Dof (no other clubs) we just do not know - so it really is a waste of our time to speculate so soon!

1 hour ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I'm not in a position where I know his job and functions, so cannot criticise. Not sure how anybody can outside of the board of directors and owners.

Edited by Hudson

4 minutes ago, lovejoy said:

Negative imo.

They'll start to get it right off the pitch and it's a matter of time before they're a force again imo.

Not so sure , the state they are in has isn't fully down to the owners , they have spent an absolute fortune on players , most expensive squad in the league isn't it. It's the managers that have spent the money badly that have got them where they are now . The owners never stopped Ferguson from being able to win the league .

Edited by Geogaddi

the man United appointment from City is bad news if they get much more professionally run. I guess they also bring in a sporting director, could very well be Ashworth, would make sense as they do weaken City with the CEO, and us with Ashworth.

they made big mistake of letting Woodward run the show both commercially and football wise for all those years. wasted 100s of millions on poor signing, poor squad building, huge salaries, double digit in expensive flops etc.

thing is if they manage to stop the rot with these new hires and Ratcliffe joining thats possibly one less CL place available for us.

Edited by BShearer

Listened to the latest "Ripple Effect" pod by James Laurence Allcott. Had a Man U fan on and the pair of them were going on like Ashworth was already there. Wound me up a disproportionate amount :lol:

10 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

I am sure he suddenly appears a little taller and less… less… less spice-head looking. 

He’s a small guy. His lad plays for wolves and is equally short 

Edited by Sempiternal

1 minute ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Yep, just checked him out. Seems to be a little faster than he was last week 🤷‍♂️

He’s canny tbf, think he’s a good player. But he’s skinny and short like his old man 

On 19/01/2024 at 10:40, TheBrownBottle said:

the majority of the physio and medical team predate the takeover, no?