Fantasy Premier League 2023/24

JP

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

My FPL strategy has been all season. Just go with the obvious moves. Whatever most makes sense on Mon/Tues do that just before the deadline if no injuries. 

Had a clear strategy. Either go Richy or use the double transfer defensively and block Gvardiol. But I thought - ‘it’s Gvardiol, he might get 1 attacking return. If that.’

Though the same about Mateta at his double GW. He might score a goal or 2. Probably not more. Also thought the same about de Bruyne vs us. Will probably start on the bench (he even did) and get 1 attacking return at best. It never fails, huh?:lol: I had Gvardiol this time, though. 63 points with 4 players playing tomorrow. 11 doubles.

Edited by Erikse

1 minute ago, Erikse said:

Though the same about Mateta at his double GW. He might score a goal or 2. probably not more. Also thought the same about de Bruyne vs us. Will probably start on the bench and get 1 attacking return at best. It never fails, huh?:lol: I had Gvardiol this time, though. 63 points with 4 players playing tomorrow. 11 doubles.

I’ve been making the sensible moves all season. No idea why I didn’t do it now.  

That Jackson goal was crucial - as was the stupid yellow card and subsequent loss of bonus points. I think I’m just behind. But only 1 or 2 points with more fixtures to go than dude.  

10 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

I’ve been making the sensible moves all season. No idea why I didn’t do it now.  

That Jackson goal was crucial - as was the stupid yellow card and subsequent loss of bonus points. I think I’m just behind. But only 1 or 2 points with more fixtures to go than dude.  

Jackson is my nemesis this round, along with spurs defenders. I was going to bring in Jackson for Højlund, only to realise that I brought in Cucurella as my third Chelsea player.:lol:

Almost certainly talked myself out of a top 5k finish and winning the NO League by burning a transfer in GW37.

I'm on a small red arrow and still ranked 8k. Those extra 15 points would've put me right up there.

I'm praying for a Dan Burn goal and clean sheet tonight. That would all-but confirm me as champion in my paid leagues and likely get me to No. 1 in the NO league. Another Nicky Jackson haul would do the same but I don't want Chelsea to win.

GW38

2 FT. Might not use both ffs.

Defender

Tempted to finally get Gvardiol for Porro. But also... fuck Gvardiol. Might go triple Arsenal defence. But SHU (A) is a good fixture. 

Attacking Transfer

Most likely to make 2 transfers here.

Fernandes finally out is likely. Any Arsenal midfielder is a good option here. The NO #1 has Havertz. If I'm behind him after tonight I'll probably have to go with someone else. I'm super loving Eze/Olise too. Using both my FT in midfield is my best route to winning the NO league assuming I'm not in the lead tonight. But that would mean not starting one of Jackson (H - Bournemouth), Isak (A - Brentford), Son (A - Sheff U) which I don't like. Son hasn't looked good but that is the best fixture in the league. How Isak/Jackson perform today might decide that.

I could go rogue. Take Ederson out, replace Fernandes with KDB and pray for a haul.

I might prioritise my paid leagues. This would mean Gvardiol + Ars/Palace midfielder.

Posted (edited)

I echo the fuck Gvardiol sentiment, ruined me 😫

I just thought a three of Foden, KdB and Haaland would be better than one of their defenders 

Edited by Magpie

On 15/05/2024 at 22:11, Erikse said:

Got 150 points, but that Brighton goal cost me 10 points. Thanks Reece James.

Reece getting injured meant Gusto coming on got a few people out of jail.  Of course I transferred him out.

1 hour ago, Beren said:

Either upgrade Dubravka to Vicario, or bring in Olise in for Gibbs-White?

Problem with Olise is you have to split his goals / assists with Eze. MGW is more of a one man band for Forest.

2 hours ago, Ben said:

Will Gordon play tomorrow? I fancy at least one Palace player in 

I think Gordon plays.

I've already got Mateta but sort of thinking the Palace Villa game could turn into a classic end of season damp squib of a game. Although Palace can finish above Brighton if they win and Brighton fails to beat Man U.

Congrats TCD

I hope Haaland and Salah go abroad so there isn't the fomo of not having them in the team and also opens up more interesting options.

Was my first go at it and made some mistakes partly due to trying to get the top value players in when some of the others were failing. But it was fun and I actually pipped my son who probably wishes he didn't get me into it :celb:

2 hours ago, SR16 said:

Congrats TCD

I hope Haaland and Salah go abroad so there isn't the fomo of not having them in the team and also opens up more interesting options.

Was my first go at it and made some mistakes partly due to trying to get the top value players in when some of the others were failing. But it was fun and I actually pipped my son who probably wishes he didn't get me into it :celb:

Thanks. 

Only 2 red arrows in the last 16GWs. And those were the weeks of my own Freehit and Bench Boost (popular chips in those weeks tbf). 

image.thumb.png.c87b945c0332739b97179a97a1a1c4d3.png

Final rank: 7,199. 

That’s going to take some beating. My next best final rank is 64k. 

12 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

Thanks. 

Only 2 red arrows in the last 16GWs. And those were the weeks of my own Freehit and Bench Boost (popular chips in those weeks tbf). 

image.thumb.png.c87b945c0332739b97179a97a1a1c4d3.png

Final rank: 7,199. 

That’s going to take some beating. My next best final rank is 64k. 

Class, my first time doing it this year and got 105k