Fantasy Premier League 2023/24

JP

1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

I haven't given my wildcard much thought but that 8 does pick itself due to fixtures. Could go Hojlund or Watkins over Jackson.

Find a way to get KDB in the 5. 

I don't think the chip strategy matters that much. All about player selection. I FH during that blank GW and got a red arrow. No FH this week and got a green with Eze, Branthwaite, Mateta, Double Arsenal defence hauling.

Yes, but the chips allow you to select players you couldn't usually. They're not only effective during the week they're played. 

1 hour ago, Jimburst said:

Yes, but the chips allow you to select players you couldn't usually. They're not only effective during the week they're played. 

Yeh but they also impact the players you choose around the chips. 

If you’ve already used your wildcard you’ve been loading up on Chelsea and Spurs. Or you’ll be taking hits.  

ol boy is going back on top. 20 points off the bench. And a Foden haul tonight. 

8 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

Yeh but they also impact the players you choose around the chips. 

If you’ve already used your wildcard you’ve been loading up on Chelsea and Spurs. Or you’ll be taking hits.  

ol boy is going back on top. 20 points off the bench. And a Foden haul tonight. 

Exactly! So I think chip strategy is pretty important. I've had to load up on shitty Spurs players for weeks cos of my chip strategy :lol: hopefully get away with it.

Spent 4 points bringing in Ederson and put Pickford on the bench. I really thought Brentford would score, they have been doing that a lot lately, and has Mbeumo back. Got really punished..

12 hours ago, Nucasol said:

Triple captained Isak, finally a positive one after a couple of weeks of Salah inducing misery.

:notbad:

I took a -4 to bring in Schar :howe:

Edited by duo

1 hour ago, duo said:

Of course when I take Saka out :yao:

and for a -4 to bring in Foden - whose not in the squad :howe: ..need a Chris Wood hattrick now

Edited by duo

14 hours ago, Erikse said:

Spent 4 points bringing in Ederson and put Pickford on the bench. I really thought Brentford would score, they have been doing that a lot lately, and has Mbeumo back. Got really punished..

The only reason I went for Ederson instead of Gvardiol is because Gvardiol sometimes gets subbed at halftime. Guess what, Ederson gets subbed at halftime.[emoji38]

3 hours ago, duo said:

and for a -4 to bring in Foden - whose not in the squad :howe: ..need a Chris Wood hattrick now

He could have had one today as well 

19 hours ago, Erikse said:

The only reason I went for Ederson instead of Gvardiol is because Gvardiol sometimes gets subbed at halftime. Guess what, Ederson gets subbed at halftime.[emoji38]

Same. I wanted a guaranteed starter from City's defence so went Ederson.

Will probably bring in the backup GK anyway. Tempted to go Pickford however.

I'm in a paid league where my rival wen Gvardiol and he's overtaken me.

I'm in another paid league with @KDT that's pretty close too.

I hate that I'm dependent on Chelsea and Spurs assets to win my mini-leagues. Spurs are so predictable. Chelsea are shit.

Edited by The College Dropout

I mainly play the Bet365 version, I'm hanging on in the top 1k which is £100 prize (it's £175 from 500 up then goes up and up, top prize is £50k), my wife and I have different teams but we're only a couple of points apart. I've never been so annoyed about anything for ages as my decision to bench Havertz yesterday in favour of Mateta, what the fuck was I thinking? The extra 10 points was worth about 100 places.

2 minutes ago, Wullie said:

I mainly play the Bet365 version, I'm hanging on in the top 1k which is £100 prize (it's £175 from 500 up then goes up and up, top prize is £50k), my wife and I have different teams but we're only a couple of points apart. I've never been so annoyed about anything for ages as my decision to bench Havertz yesterday in favour of Mateta, what the fuck was I thinking? The extra 10 points was worth about 100 places.

The prizes in offical FPL are shit. For a game with 8-9m active players, I think only the top 10 win anything. Give the top 1k a prize. 

51 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Same. I wanted a guaranteed starter from City's defence so went Ederson.

Will probably bring in the backup GK anyway. Tempted to go Pickford however.

I'm in a paid league where my rival wen Gvardiol and he's overtaken me.

I'm in another paid league with @KDT that's pretty close too.

I hate that I'm dependent on Chelsea and Spurs assets to win my mini-leagues. Spurs are so predictable. Chelsea are shit.

Do we know that Ederson will be out for the 37 double?

3 minutes ago, Erikse said:

Do we know that Ederson will be out for the 37 double?

Not for a fact but he left the game with his arm in a sling. Based on assuming the worst, I've assumed he's done for the season. Pep said "it's not looking good" or words to that effect.

https://www.sportsmax.tv/football/item/146254-ederson-injury-doesn-t-look-good-says-guardiola

I kinda need him for 36 anyway Wolves (H).

41 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Not for a fact but he left the game with his arm in a sling. Based on assuming the worst, I've assumed he's done for the season. Pep said "it's not looking good" or words to that effect.

https://www.sportsmax.tv/football/item/146254-ederson-injury-doesn-t-look-good-says-guardiola

Sure. Would just suck to bring in Ortega, only for him to be benched for the double. But I agree, it looks like Ederson is out for the season.

On 29/04/2024 at 14:53, The College Dropout said:

d643ab60b0c00e925a8cd0dfcdaccb5e.thumb.png.842f2469ff3b359b4b13daa714c6259c.png

This doens't help us much.[emoji38] May have to buy a GK from a different team now instead, if this is all we're getting.