Memberships (2024/25)

ceolnamara

5 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Is there a limit on how many that sell, a friend of mine wants one and cant buy it until Monday when he's paid. 

Will it matter if he waits till then?

I think what I'm trying to say, is, these things dont sell out do they?

They certainly haven’t before, and it seems unlikely they will now, even given the huge rise in demand.

1 minute ago, Scoreboard82 said:

Will we end up with so many members that they outnumber the tickets available and some will still miss out?

Yep, going to be a continual clusterfuck of a lottery. Still, gotta be in it… (plus, might get a nice lapel badge). 

1 minute ago, Scoreboard82 said:

Will we end up with so many members that they outnumber the tickets available and some will still miss out?

Theoretically, that could happen, but I honestly don’t think it will now they’ve cut it to one ticket per match. We’ll see what happens when we play Man Utd and Liverpool, as they’re always the most in demand (unless of friendly neighbours ever get round to sorting themselves out…) 

1 minute ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Well, how many season tickets are there? How many ‘potential’ league match tickets on sale? Because I reckon we’re looking at tens of thousands of members. 

There’ll be between 10k - 15k tickets available per game I would estimate.

And I think you’re over-estimating the number of members we’ll get. Plenty of people will talk about it, but when it comes to parting with nearly £40, it’ll be a different story.

8 hours ago, SteV said:

Understand the criticism of ST holders being allowed to get additional tickets - BUT - I don’t think it’ll be a massive issue going forward now they’ve knocked it down to one. 

They’ve effectively halved the number of tickets that will be taken through this method, so I’m not not sure we’re going to get scenarios like Liverpool last season where it’s absolute chaos as soon as tickets go on sale. And to be fair, the majority of home games after the takeover still took a week+ to sell out.

The Forest game is gonna be a good gauge of whether I’m right I suppose.

Obviously, if the criticism is more based on the principal of it, fair enough.

That’s a fair point. It’s about the principal and the practical IMO. As well as it disadvantaging members who are only paying for a chance to get tickets, it also impacts on those who may not be able to afford memberships and just want a chance to get a match ticket without paying for the privilege. I understand that some may use ST friends accounts, etc, but again that relies on them being lucky enough to know someone with a ST. Bearing in mind the ratio of ST holders to spare seats is roughly 2:1 I think I it’s a huge disadvantage to members/non-members and makes the buying process a lot more stressful than it should be. ST holders already have their seat for the rest of their life, if they want it, that’s enough.

Also, while I’m on, it really irritated me that NUST included extra match ticket access for ST holders in their little manifesto. You can’t say that you prioritise access to tickets for as many fans as possible and also say that ST holders get first dibs, that’s bollocks.

Yeah, additional tickets for ST holders is basically a way for someone to circumvent the membership scheme because you happen to “know someone” with a season ticket.

You could argue it’s discrimination against non ST holder members who are having to pay extra to the club to get tickets through no fault of their own.

Surely they must put a stop to it.

Going to get the bairn one, am I right in thinking that I'll be able to link it to my season ticket so if I want to get her and the missus a ticket for some matches, I'll be able to get them 2 next to each other? 

8 hours ago, SteV said:

There’ll be between 10k - 15k tickets available per game I would estimate.

And I think you’re over-estimating the number of members we’ll get. Plenty of people will talk about it, but when it comes to parting with nearly £40, it’ll be a different story.

There wasn’t very many tickets left for general sale at all last season. Now take away 1000 extra season tickets and the extra up take in memberships some people will definately miss out

4 minutes ago, gdm said:

There wasn’t very many tickets left for general sale at all last season. Now take away 1000 extra season tickets and the extra up take in memberships some people will definately miss out

The 1000 new season tickets will just have replaced those who didn’t/couldn’t renew. We’ll have approx the same number. 

I still think it’ll be relatively easy to get a ticket for matches as long as you’re online in the queue ahead of members sale.

36 minutes ago, gdm said:

There was. We had less than 35k ST holders. After away fans and corporates there was still an absolute minimum of 10k available for each match. 

8 minutes ago, SteV said:

There was. We had less than 35k ST holders. After away fans and corporates there was still an absolute minimum of 10k available for each match. 

Not in general sale there wasn’t. Most of that 10k was taken up by memberships. Towards the end of season was only single seats available for general sale

3 minutes ago, gdm said:

Not in general sale there wasn’t. Most of that 10k was taken up by memberships. Towards the end of season was only single seats available for general sale

Ah, well no, obviously not if you’re referring to general sale.

1 minute ago, Miggys First Goal said:

There’s a queuing system for memberships? Are they going to limit the number of memberships they sell?

They haven’t confirmed, but it would seem very unlikely that they limit them

1 minute ago, Miggys First Goal said:

There’s a queuing system for memberships? Are they going to limit the number of memberships they sell?

Just to protect the website from the amount of traffic they’re expecting. Let it in a bit at a time.