Memberships (2023/24)

ceolnamara

Has anyone been unable to get a seat who dosn’t have an ST and missed out in ballot or resale? 

Everyone I know in real life who wanted a ticket has managed to get one…

Wonder if we truly need a 75k capacity stadium after all…

8 minutes ago, OptimusSlime said:

Has anyone been unable to get a seat who dosn’t have an ST and missed out in ballot or resale? 

I managed to get get one last night after refreshing the ticket page every minute for around 2-3 hours. And even then I had to click on the seat within 2-3 seconds. I missed out on a handful as I was too slow. 

I’d rather not have to do that every week tbh and I doubt I’ll be that lucky either. 

However, 3 of my friends and family cohort that I would go to the games with have all been unsuccessful in the ballot, unsuccessful in yesterday’s 10am queue and also couldn’t get any last night and this morning on resale despite trying the refreshing technique. 

Edited by TheGuv

Yeah, I got one but I was very lucky. If I’d got onto the site 10 minutes later it would’ve been sold out. 

Have to get lucky the seat you click on isn’t in someone else’s basket as well, which is another shite feature of the system. 

I ended up getting blocked by the site as a bot due to how often I was refreshing yesterday :lol: They then just closed access saying the 'event had ended'.

Back on today, but still no joy. It's completely pot luck and fastest fingers first.

Yeah, got the 'event has ended' sign yesterday, have been unable to get anything today after chasing 3 seperate seats. Folk getting a result near to where they wish to sit or even having a choice have been erm..extremely lucky

At least it's somewhat in our own hands with the resale thing, if you can get on and keep refreshing that is, probably be harder for the Liverpool game, but probably easier than the Villa game after that apart from Man U, Man City etc.

Has anyone had issues trying to forward an adult match ticket to a member who is in a concessionary category (ie they are 69). You have to make a selection and when I choose “adult” I get an error message and when I choose “senior” it says I can only pick a more expensive category! Has to be an error but I don’t hold out much hope of getting any response from the box office on the phone and I already sent an email 4 days ago which has not been responded to 

5 hours ago, OptimusSlime said:

I got sorted but no way my dad would have had the IT knowledge to keep checking this etc.  Suppose if you are on here you can navigate computers etc.

Just now, patrone said:

The trust have been telling people to contact the club for these kind of issues using

[email protected]

If that helps 🤷‍♂️

thanks very much for the response @patrone - I sent it to both the box office and the digital ticketing emails but I imagine the poor buggers are being inundated. It is actually my son’s ticket and at this rate it is going to have to be re-sold like mine! 

3 minutes ago, patrone said:

Screenshot_20230809-212820.png

yes I followed this but it does not seem to like the fact that he is an old gadgie, I saw someone on Twitter was having the same issue and they were saying that they were going to rectify it but not so far it seems.

5 hours ago, TheGuv said:

I managed to get get one last night after refreshing the ticket page every minute for around 2-3 hours. And even then I had to click on the seat within 2-3 seconds. I missed out on a handful as I was too slow. 

I’d rather not have to do that every week tbh and I doubt I’ll be that lucky either. 

However, 3 of my friends and family cohort that I would go to the games with have all been unsuccessful in the ballot, unsuccessful in yesterday’s 10am queue and also couldn’t get any last night and this morning on resale despite trying the refreshing technique. 

Did exactly the same yesterday afternoon and got two in two separate goes. Although I was refreshing the page on and off from 1000 in the morning until after 1630. I got kicked off my laptop for being ‘a robot’ so moved onto my mobile which I actually found a bit quicker, that’s when I snagged the two seats. Before that I was getting beaten to the punch trying to manipulate the mouse. Bored on Teams calls today and out of curiosity I went back in and there were a few adult tickets popping up which were snapped up almost immediately.

I put my ticket up for resale this evening thinking it might be made available straight away but it is still showing as resale requested so I am guessing someone has to flick a switch to make it available.

Edited by Toontimes

8 minutes ago, Toontimes said:

I put my ticket up for resale this evening thinking it might be made available straight away but it is still showing as resale requested so I am guessing someone has to flick a switch to make it available.

Would you usually have passed your ticket on to a pal prior to digital tickets, or would your seat usually have gone empty if you couldn’t make it ?

Just curious if this re-sale is something people are now glad to have if they can’t make it, or just having to resort to it because you can’t just pass your ticket on.

1 minute ago, Novocastrian said:

Those Youth tickets really aren’t shifting. :tumbleweed:

My biggest bug bear when people are desperate for a ticket, just fucking sell them to anyone the family enclosure’s a fucking ridiculous size anyway in the current ticket climate.

Just now, Whitley mag said:

My biggest bug bear when people are desperate for a ticket, just fucking sell them to anyone the family enclosure’s a fucking ridiculous size anyway in the current ticket climate.

At least have a cut off point and recategorise them the week leading up to the game.

6 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Would you usually have passed your ticket on to a pal prior to digital tickets, or would your seat usually have gone empty if you couldn’t make it ?

Just curious if this re-sale is something people are now glad to have if they can’t make it, or just having to resort to it because you can’t just pass your ticket on.

But you can "just pass your ticket on" for ST's anyway, it maybe limited, but you can do it.

17 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

I have been unable to go for a couple of seasons and have been passing it on, so yes, to stay within the new rules (forward a max 10 matches) I am now having to resell half the tickets. As I Iet the person have it for free I will actually be better off (!) but that was not the point. At the end of the day I want to keep my ticket and want the seat to be occupied.

Edited by Toontimes

1 hour ago, Toontimes said:

Has anyone had issues trying to forward an adult match ticket to a member who is in a concessionary category (ie they are 69). You have to make a selection and when I choose “adult” I get an error message and when I choose “senior” it says I can only pick a more expensive category! Has to be an error but I don’t hold out much hope of getting any response from the box office on the phone and I already sent an email 4 days ago which has not been responded to 

seems to have been fixed now - still doesn’t want me to call him a senior just  an adult. The category drop down is clearly to do with someone forwarding a concessionary ticket to an adult to ensure they pay the difference. It doesn’t want you to do it the other way around,