Memberships (2023/24)

ceolnamara

1 minute ago, jonny1403 said:

But all of those options were available last season (arguably more so with ticket resale having less restrictions) - so I’m struggling to see the issue?

The ballot option wasn’t available.

The argument would probably be that people with higher points are now reluctant to pass them on to anyone, so the ‘networks’ that people have built up, and allowed them to become regular away followers have been taken away.

The theory being that people with lower points, will buy tickets and just sell them on to anyone, as they are desperate to build points.

All just supposition like, and the people in the pic might have got tickets perfectly legitimately.

2 minutes ago, Nexumaster said:

Also got this. Have logged in but it won't let me into the ballot. The "Sign In" button after I get through the queue is greyed out.

click 'ballots' at the top instead of trying to select the match under 'home tickets' 

The site is absolutely wank. 

Edited by Wilson

1 minute ago, SteV said:

The ballot option wasn’t available.

The argument would probably be that people with higher points are now reluctant to pass them on to anyone, so the ‘networks’ that people have built up, and allowed them to become regular away followers have been taken away.

The theory being that people with lower points, will buy tickets and just sell them on to anyone, as they are desperate to build points.

All just supposition like, and the people in the pic might have got tickets perfectly legitimately.

That doesn’t seem to have changed at all then [emoji38] 

So some people with high points are less likely to sell on their tickets (whereas last season people with no points could get tickets from their high point mates).

And now those with low points are buying tickets just to sell on and boost their points (so those same people with no points can still buy tickets from those people).

So what has changed?

Assuming the older asian people in that pic from Brighton are genuinely day trippers, they're exactly type of fans that the club now want at home and away games.

It was mentioned millions of billions of times in the Amazon doc by Silverstone & Eales. They're targeting Asia, Middle East and America and want to build a global brand.

You can't do that when access to tickets is via a network of geordie lads who've followed the team for years.

Many of us who have consistently been to home or away games will hate that this situation is happening. But it's the new NUFC. 

Edited by bobbydazzla

2 minutes ago, jonny1403 said:

That doesn’t seem to have changed at all then [emoji38] 

So some people with high points are less likely to sell on their tickets (whereas last season people with no points could get tickets from their high point mates).

And now those with low points are buying tickets just to sell on and boost their points (so those same people with no points can still buy tickets from those people).

So what has changed?

The argument is that the ‘type’ of people who are ending up with the tickets has changed. 

It’s an emotive argument because you start getting into the territory of who’s the ‘better’ supporter etc. and who ‘deserves’ a ticket more blah blah

And, I’m not stating any of this as fact because I/we don’t really know exactly what caused the empty seats / different type of supporters at Brighton.

5 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

But nothing about the away game system is anything in that direction (day trippers), is it? Only ST holders can buy tickets and they're not allowed to sell them on. So...

It's as though the lack of communication Is there own way of doing what they want to do with tickets...

For anyone who is frustrated by the new system for either home or away tickets, I would strongly advise emailing the people who work in Supporter Services at the club and politely explain why you're not happy.

There's so much disdain amongst match going fans and it's only right that the club are made aware of this.

We have a Head of Supporter Services and a Supporter Liaison Officer. It's part of their jobs to deal with queries and complaints.

And naturally, if anyone is delighted with the new system, send an email and praise the team for a job well done.

Edited by bobbydazzla

3 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

For anyone who is frustrated by the new system for either home or away tickets, I would strongly advise emailing the people who work in Supporter Services at the club and politely explain why you're not happy.

There's so much disdain amongst match going fans and it's only right that the club are made aware of this.

We have a Head of Supporter Services and a Supporter Liaison Officer. It's part of their jobs to deal with queries and complaints.

And naturally, if anyone is delighted with the new system, feel free to email and praise the team for a job well done.

I tried supporter services, who gave conflicting information to what should be a simple query, they usually reply in a few days.

However [email protected] did reply same day

I'll be honest, with the Brighton tickets. I believe it's more a case of people with low points purchasing the tickets to get their numbers up than anything else. Until the club changes their terms and conditions so that points are only accrued on the attendance of the match and not the purchase of the ticket as it is now, people will buy tickets and be no shows.  

15 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

But nothing about the away game system is anything in that direction (day trippers), is it? Only ST holders can buy tickets and they're not allowed to sell them on. So...

Only season ticket holders can buy aways?

Upto 30% of away allocations have already disappeared before they go on sale to Season ticket holders

1 minute ago, patrone said:

I tried supporter services, who gave conflicting information to what should be a simple query, they usually reply in a few days.

However [email protected] did reply same day

[email protected] is the head of Supporter Services.

Although I’m not sure contacting individual people is the way to go unless you have a particularly specific query/complaint.