Memberships (2023/24)

ceolnamara

22 minutes ago, andyman said:

At least do the ballots at an earlier stage. It's almost impossible to plan a trip when you don't live in England.

I’d give them a pass for Brentford, as the date still hasn’t been confirmed but no reason for Burnley not to be done earlier.

Don't know how you'll do it if you have to make plans with a family or partner etc. At the moment I just keep the day free whatever, but I can easily see myself having to make other plans if I can't say whether I can get a ticket. Not going to be able to say no to another plan on the off chance that I win in the ballot a few days before the match :/

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

2 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Don't know how you'll do it if you have to make plans with a family or partner etc. At the moment I just keep the day free whatever, but I can easily see myself having to make other plans if I can't say whether I can get a ticket. Not going to be able to say no to another plan on the off chance that I win in the ballot a few days before the match :/

Just tell her you’ve got a ticket every game and go to the pub.

2 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I have so much to learn. 

Then you can throw in the odd, ‘actually I won’t go to the match this week, what do you want to do instead’? Credit in the bank.

*this is always applicable for international weekends too.

I contacted the club and hospitality tickets to the UCL games will only be sold in 3 game packages. Which is absolutely ludicrous. I was hoping to get across from Oz for the Arsenal home game and the UCL game the week after, but it’s impossible to organise tickets. 

21 minutes ago, SteV said:

Then you can throw in the odd, ‘actually I won’t go to the match this week, what do you want to do instead’? Credit in the bank.

*this is always applicable for international weekends too.

Something tells me you have quite the experience in this regard. :lol:

1 hour ago, aussiemag said:

I contacted the club and hospitality tickets to the UCL games will only be sold in 3 game packages. Which is absolutely ludicrous. I was hoping to get across from Oz for the Arsenal home game and the UCL game the week after, but it’s impossible to organise tickets. 

We've no idea how the "normal" UCL tickets are going to be sold as yet, the non ST ones anyway, so you may still get a chance.

3 hours ago, bobbydazzla said:

Other than buying tickets, have any of the members on here used any of those benefits ? Genuine question.

None of them is of any interest to me personally, but maybe I'm in a minority

No, never.

I've used the discount at Shearers and tour discount a few times, and also the pre match 10% off the odd time when in the Platinum.

Anyone can hire the room for events though, no different to members, and I've no idea what the "digital events" are 

Was it confirmed that all tickets for Brighton were sold in the ballot, did anyone report not getting one ? Is there a possibility it was undersubscribed and they just never arsed themselves selling the remaining ones to members ?

The trust need to start putting some pressure on the clubs ticketing policy it’s a complete shower at the minute.

Edited by Whitley mag

3 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Was it confirmed that all tickets for Brighton were sold in the ballot, did anyone report not getting one ? Is there a possibility it was undersubscribed and they just never arsed themselves selling the remaining ones to members ?

The trust need to start putting some pressure on the clubs ticketing policy it’s a complete shower at the minute.

Honestly think there must've been hundreds unsold/unused today.

Got a feeling they held their ballot didn’t shift all the tickets, maybe had some corporate ones returned and for whatever reason they have no current policy/will to put on sale to members.

If that’s the case the membership scheme really is a joke if they can’t be bothered to offer unsold away tickets to members.

Also worth noting the club get charged for unsold away tickets if that was the case here.

Edited by Whitley mag

If it's people hoarding points though, have a 3 strikes and you're out policy. Pretty sure the club can get from the away ground which seats having scanned in. Can't just give the tickets to a mate anymore. The people who were benefitting from this you'd imagine can get tickets when the loyalty points drop through the categories, or the tickets taken up in the ballot etc.