Memberships (2023/24)

ceolnamara

3 minutes ago, Slim said:

Hes deffo bought a brand new kit.

I’m struggling to understand what the story is?

Was it previously 1500 quid to be a mascot? But now it’s free(?), but done through a ballot? 

If that’s correct both the Dad and Chronicle doing the kid absolutely no favours whatsoever.

19 minutes ago, SteV said:

Was it previously 1500 quid to be a mascot? But now it’s free(?), but done through a ballot? 

If that’s correct both the Dad and Chronicle doing the kid absolutely no favours whatsoever.

Annoyed he can't guarantee his kid gets to be a ball boy by paying to be front of the queue.

25 minutes ago, SteV said:

Excellent work by the club if that's the decision they've made - now every child has a chance as oppose to only those who can either afford it outright or have the means to save for it.

2 minutes ago, Slim said:

Annoyed he can't guarantee his kid gets to be a ball boy by paying to be front of the queue.

I can get that the dad is a bit of an entitled divvy. Easy to get like when it concerns your kids though.

Chronicle want shot with shit for running the story though. What kind of reaction did they think it was gonna get?

15 minutes ago, patrone said:

No idea if Home and away is different, but the boy entered a comp on the NUFC website and won to be mascot away at Reading, ages ago now. It is/was part of the membership to be able to enter comps like that.

Haha no way!

15 minutes ago, Slim said:

Haha no way!

Got a new strip out of the club, and tickets for him and me. Was a great day to be fair.

He got allowed in the changing room pre match, had a chat with Rafa, shirt signed by squad and walked out with Lacelles.

Edited by patrone

18 days before Burnley and not a peep from the Ticket Office re: member sales.  What absolute troglodyte is in charge of these decisions?   Burnley's away allocation has already been sold (and sold out).  Literally no execute at this point.  

33 minutes ago, Mrdovenb said:

18 days before Burnley and not a peep from the Ticket Office re: member sales.  What absolute troglodyte is in charge of these decisions?   Burnley's away allocation has already been sold (and sold out).  Literally no execute at this point.  

I’d suggest they sort the Man City cup game before moving on to Burnley…

36 minutes ago, Mrdovenb said:

18 days 😂

You'll be lucky if it's sorted with 8 days to go before that match.

We only just had the resale farce man, with 4 days to go for the Brentford game.

Edited by patrone

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

It’s just a computer system, I don’t get why they can’t just make them all live at the same time. 

I reckon they've got a responsibility not to facilitate those with little financial control to not over-extend themselves by buying 10 sets of tickets possibly for a family at once.

Needs to be done about a fortnight quicker than it currently is though.

16 minutes ago, patrone said:

18 days 😂

You'll be lucky if it's sorted with 8 days to go before that match.

We only just had the resale farce man, with 4 days to go for the Brentford game.

I know I'm preaching to the choir here, so forgive me.  Just expressing my total dismay at this farce.

1 hour ago, Sima said:

I reckon they've got a responsibility not to facilitate those with little financial control to not over-extend themselves by buying 10 sets of tickets possibly for a family at once.

I don’t mean every game in the season, I mean every game that’s coming up soon. Like, in the next month. 

2 hours ago, Sima said:

Maybe that's why they won't sell any more season tickets, in case people get themselves into financial strife by buying one

I might write to the council insisting that Sven Adult Books limits the amount of jazz mags a customer can buy because some might not be able resist going into a jazz mag buying frenzy and end up wanking themselves to death

Edited by bobbydazzla

I think when I was a kid it was a random ballot among Junior Magpies, that's what I believed at the time anyway. I was desperate to be one, but never saw it as likely. Closest I got was I went on a Junior Magpies away trip to Blackburn and they said they were going to pick one of us from the bus. Some cunt said it was his birthday straight away so they just gave it to him. Prick.

12 hours ago, Mrdovenb said:

Frustrating, but it’s not worth the jail time, mate. 

Man City (H) Cup tickets, not on sale and no information available. 

Burnley (H) tickets, ballot information not available.. 

PSG (H) tickets not on sale and no information available.

All of these are less than three weeks away, the first of which is now just two weeks away and would likely require the most 'work' from the Box Office.

It's as if the BO are understaffed and too busy writing names on Milan tickets to do more than two things at once.  And don't get me started on numerous complaints I've seen on twitter about people calling the BO to be on hold for 2 hours to then be cut off when it's their turn.

How can people plan accordingly - it's not like the fixtures are going to change so they can release things well in advance and work on multiple things in a more controlled and slower way. This is like leaving 3 lots of homework until the last minute. 

They really do need to sort this out - this new chap in charge needs to hit the ground running.  

20 hours ago, Earp said:

Ticket update - did a quick refresh this morning and a ticket popped up, managed to bag it. Gallowgate standing as well :indi:

For all that is wrong with the new ticketing I do think the season ticket re-sales is a good thing. If determined enough there’s a good chance of getting one. Credit to club for that at least