Memberships (2023/24)

ceolnamara

1 minute ago, Stifler said:

You aren’t listening to what I’m saying.

When you buy your ticket, you are given the option of assigning it to a friend or family member. When you get it, it is never in your name, but comes off your 1 allocation.

The reason Simon fails is because he wants to sell the tickets on after he’s bought them.

It is more conceivable that Charlotte has a season ticket holder friend who has her in their friend and family accounts and sacrificed his own Milan away ticket and bought her one in her name.

You have seen the box office’s work for years, do you honestly believe that they are intelligent enough to be in cahoots with certain supporter groups to give them tickets ahead of others?

You can’t do any of that for away tickets (ignoring corporate/company aspect). There’s no ‘assigning’ an away ticket to anyone other than the named ST holder.

Aye. You can’t actually ‘transfer’ an away ticket to anyone. Hence some of the arguments here. Especially if someone bought one and was then ill and couldn’t go. It sits there unused and no way to legitimately give it to someone who could go. ST holders can take the risk of course, but if the person who takes it is ID’d, they could lose their season ticket. 

Edited by mattypnufc

How come there was plenty of bairns, they couldn’t have been over 12 year old, behind the goal at Bramall Lane

I’d be surprised if many kids of that age have Season Tickets and loads of loyalty points.

I think it’s a good thing if kids and teens are getting to away games and it’s not just exclusively older punters locking everyone else out.

But it did intrigue me, given the new laws for sharing tickets. Corporate allocation was my assumption. 

Edited by bobbydazzla

Just now, bobbydazzla said:

How come there was plenty of bairns, they couldn’t have been over 12 year old, behind the goal at Bramall Lane

I’d be surprised if kids of that age have Season Tickets and loads of loyalty points.

I think it’s a good thing if kids and teens are getting to away games and it’s not just exclusively older punters locking everyone else out.

But it did intrigue me, given the new laws for sharing tickets. 

Just because you ‘can’t’ do it doesn’t mean it isn’t still happening…

But sending a bairn in on an adult ticket is making it much more likely the ticket will get ID checked 

That’s assuming other grounds are like SJP and the concession tickets flash up differently to an adult ticket 

And also assuming stewards at other grounds actually give a fuck, which I doubt they do 

1 minute ago, bobbydazzla said:

But sending a bairn in on an adult ticket is making it much more likely the ticket will get ID checked 

That’s assuming other grounds are like SJP and the concession tickets flash up differently to an adult ticket 

And also assuming stewards at other grounds actually give a fuck, which I doubt they do 

Agreed. At Sheffield there were stewards doing checks before the turnstiles, but they were more interested in giving you a pat down than looking at your ticket. The actual turnstile that I went through was unmanned.

41 minutes ago, Stifler said:

You have to assign the ticket to the other individual when you buy it on sale or apply for it in a ballot. That’s how it works for members. Like I said it comes off your allocation, and as we are limited to 1 ticket per season ticket holder/member, it would mean that the season ticket holder wouldn’t be able to themselves.

You can't for away games

You've been telt about 5 times yet you're still claiming you can🤣

Just now, jack j said:

You can't for away games

You've been telt about 5 times yet you're still claiming you can🤣

You honestly believe there is a deal with the box office and various supporter groups?

She’ll have got her ticket via a legit way, even if it’s unconventional. Everyone who doesn’t have a ticket wants to make it out as if there is a conspiracy going on.

3 minutes ago, Stifler said:

You honestly believe there is a deal with the box office and various supporter groups?

She’ll have got her ticket via a legit way, even if it’s unconventional. Everyone who doesn’t have a ticket wants to make it out as if there is a conspiracy going on.

Why can't they share this legit way with me so I can get my daughter in then?

Shes using someone else's ticket quite clearly

Which is totally against the new away ticket policy.

Hopefully next time she goes away hers is one of the ones checked. I won't hold my breath though

Edited by jack j

Just now, jack j said:

Why can't they share this legit way with me so I can get my daughter in then?

Shes using someone else's ticket quite clearly

Which is totally against the new away ticket policy.

Hopefully next time she goes away hers is one of the ones checked

When was it that she claimed to have no season ticket?

Could it not be that she has one now?

1 minute ago, Stifler said:

When was it that she claimed to have no season ticket?

Could it not be that she has one now?

Sheff utd sold out at around 50 loyalty points if I remember right

A couple of years ago she never had one

Shes not got 50 loyalty points in 2 years

10 minutes ago, jack j said:

Sheff utd sold out at around 50 loyalty points if I remember right

A couple of years ago she never had one

Shes not got 50 loyalty points in 2 years

You can transfer season tickets over to other people. It’s been done by various members on here, complete with the loyalty points. It was one of the reasons why people were saying that they were locked out of getting a ticket.

7 minutes ago, Stifler said:

You can transfer season tickets over to other people. It’s been done by various members on here, complete with the loyalty points. It was one of the reasons why people were saying that they were locked out of getting a ticket.

You can't transfer away tickets

If you could I'd use my pals ticket with 170 points on to take my daughter to dortmund and PSG with me

The whole point of the new system is to stop people transferring tickets to others

Shes not following that rule quite clearly

Edit; you're saying someone's transferred a full season ticket with points on it over to her?

So can I transfer my pals season ticket over on a game by game basis? Just keep changing the name?

Edited by jack j

1 minute ago, jack j said:

You can't transfer away tickets

If you could I'd use my pals ticket with 170 points on to take my daughter to dortmund and PSG with me

The whole point of the new system is to stop people transferring tickets to others

Shes not following that rule quite clearly

I was on about season tickets there. It’s possible to pass your season ticket on with its points record kept.

It is conceivable that in 2 years someone who has a season ticket has passed one on to her, and changed it to her name.

It’s also conceivable that she has access to a company ticket as others have pointed out.

Just now, Stifler said:

I was on about season tickets there. It’s possible to pass your season ticket on with its points record kept.

It is conceivable that in 2 years someone who has a season ticket has passed one on to her, and changed it to her name.

It’s also conceivable that she has access to a company ticket as others have pointed out.

I've updated my post. Understand what you mean now. Seems unlikely. Also the question I've added..wonder if that's possible?

13 minutes ago, jack j said:

I've updated my post. Understand what you mean now. Seems unlikely. Also the question I've added..wonder if that's possible?

Nah you can’t do that.

I think it’s only like a 1 time thing, like say your dad no longer goes but wants his so to go, or something like that.

You can’t just keep changing the name because they would know that’s touting.

I’m not sure of the situation of this woman mentioned, but there are seats allocated in the away for friends/family of those connected to the club. My mate had a text from someone in the club right after the Milan game offering 2 tickets for Wolves away. She might just be friendly with someone rather than going against rules sharing tickets.

Even if she was, if someone was offering you an away on a regular basis, knowingly risking their points, I’m sure the majority on here would take it. 

1 hour ago, Stifler said:

Without knowing for sure or being in the know at all these are the two most likely situations and I’m guessing the first one to comply ironically with the new rules. 

Just a possible scenario the likes of Hurst/Martin at the time had more than one ST for their business even possibly in their own names and have had to made a decision to put them in certain names going forward.

Last season under the old rules Charlotte Robson was at Brentford away in the seat next to George Caulkins so unless it was an extreme coincidence it was either a case of GC using a TF away ticket of CR using a ticket that GC had acquired via his contacts or Athletic.

Whoever this Simon is should in theory still be able to put a bus on as away ends still selling out. He might have to be more competitive with his prices to entice people away from cars and trains. Shouldn’t be too difficult as my mate had to pay 2x£65 for a coach (someone called Paul) to Fulham for him and his son! I made the same trip for less on the train. The fact that he can’t because he can’t transfer his multiple STs doesn’t show his intentions in the best of lights as they really shouldn’t go hand in hand.

@jack j How many has he got? Are they all in his name? What does he do with them now? And what does he do with the home fixture seats?

She was sat next to Caulkin (and Hurst) in Milan as well, for whatever it's worth, near the front of block 355.

No fan of hers or TF's, but she can't win. If she wasn't going to away games she'd be getting beaten with that stick instead. :lol:

Charlotte will almost certainly get tickets via either her media contacts (she is friendly with all of the journos) or it's feasible that TF get access anyway as media or just on TF's season tickets.

Or she has contacts in corporate. Via my work situation, I've been able to get tickets for Milan and Sheffield with via the corporate ballot. There is a much smaller separate ballot (I think around 100-150 tickets) for corporate clients. You can put any 2-4 names in the corporate away ticket ballots (depending on the game), as long as one of the names is tied to the corporate account.

And there's also "player tickets". Players get an allocation of tickets for every game, including all away games. Usually these are in some low-grade corporate seats, but sometimes they're in the main away end. So I guess she could have contacts there with a player or player's family.

I guess my point to all of this is, why does it matter? She's clearly a big supporter so why does it matter?

Edited by Shadow Puppets

15 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Yeah, someone else is buying it at the same moment I guess, it's slow to respond. 

It’s beyond frustrating. Been sat refreshing for nearly two hours trying to get tickets for tonights game. 

1 hour ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Charlotte will almost certainly get tickets via either her media contacts (she is friendly with all of the journos) or it's feasible that TF get access anyway as media or just on TF's season tickets.

Or she has contacts in corporate. Via my work situation, I've been able to get tickets for Milan and Sheffield with via the corporate ballot. There is a much smaller separate ballot (I think around 100-150 tickets) for corporate clients. You can put any 2-4 names in the corporate away ticket ballots (depending on the game), as long as one of the names is tied to the corporate account.

And there's also "player tickets". Players get an allocation of tickets for every game, including all away games. Usually these are in some low-grade corporate seats, but sometimes they're in the main away end. So I guess she could have contacts there with a player or player's family.

I guess my point to all of this is, why does it matter? She's clearly a big supporter so why does it matter?

Think it matters because as you say corporate, media and players can all pass tickets on to whoever they want but a normal season ticket holder can’t. She clearly goes all the time and should be able to but a lot of people in the same situation can’t go now because of the changes.