Memberships (2023/24)

ceolnamara

1 minute ago, SteV said:

That’s a fair point.

There’s far too much pissing and moaning for the sake of it. Well, I say that, and then I also think people have the right to have the opinion that something is shit, whilst not really knowing what a viable solution is.

You’re completely right though that the club is never going to just ‘put it back’. Exactly like digital home ticketing, it’s here to stay, so people need to accept that, and think about ways that it can be changed to improve.

FWIW I actually think an eventual move to fully digital away ticketing will help. I reckon that free’s up the ability to transfer tickets in the manner you can with home tickets currently. Even if it’s no loyalty point involved and only a limited number of times a season.

Yeah. I’m sure there’ll be ways to improve what’s happening now, and with regards to home tickets, I’m sure more could be done to find out which seats are going up on these sell on websites. My mate got one for £210 for PSG and I encouraged him to forward the seat number to the club after the event, but he didn’t. The persons name was on the digital ticket sent to him too.

For what it’s worth, Wednesday will be the first away game I’ve been on my own ticket since Everton away under McClaren (enough to put you off any game), and I’ve relied on friends getting me them when I’ve been ever since. I was lucky enough to get my ST back in the 1000 after giving it up when Bruce arrived. I hope I can be forgiven, given I’m travelling from Scotland. Ha. 10-15 years ago I used to be able to get away tickets on a membership pretty easily too. Even got Anfield on a membership when Barton got sent off in the relegation season. Boro the last time we were there.

Anyway, I’m going on. The change has inconvenienced me as shown above, but I think we need a bit more than toys out the pram reaction.

1 hour ago, Sima said:

Also, different imo getting tickets in an away end as opposed to a home end.

Whey exactly. Filling an empty seat on general sale at a club's home game is quite clearly very different to a very limited supply of away end tickets being farmed off at a corporate level to randoms.

3 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Guessing there's a few in here who must hate this thread or have never done it. 

Nah. Not having that

Someone can go and watch a game as a neutral or tourist without causing issues for genuine fans of those clubs

It’s all relative to how easy it is to get tickets to the game and how you behave when you’re in the ground 

I’ve been lucky enough to go to a big Rio derby game between Flamengo & Vasco at the Maracana and there was 40,000 empty seats, me being there made fuck all difference to the fans of either side 

Edited by bobbydazzla

1 hour ago, JJ7 said:

Yeah. I’m sure there’ll be ways to improve what’s happening now, and with regards to home tickets, I’m sure more could be done to find out which seats are going up on these sell on websites. My mate got one for £210 for PSG and I encouraged him to forward the seat number to the club after the event, but he didn’t. The persons name was on the digital ticket sent to him too.

For what it’s worth, Wednesday will be the first away game I’ve been on my own ticket since Everton away under McClaren (enough to put you off any game), and I’ve relied on friends getting me them when I’ve been ever since. I was lucky enough to get my ST back in the 1000 after giving it up when Bruce arrived. I hope I can be forgiven, given I’m travelling from Scotland. Ha. 10-15 years ago I used to be able to get away tickets on a membership pretty easily too. Even got Anfield on a membership when Barton got sent off in the relegation season. Boro the last time we were there.

Anyway, I’m going on. The change has inconvenienced me as shown above, but I think we need a bit more than toys out the pram reaction.

I couldn't get an away ticket since the takeover, Man Utd will be the third away game I've attended in just over a month using my own account. I'm sure there'll be plenty others having similar success this season.

1 hour ago, Tross said:

I see NUFC have bumped the price of a cat 2 ticket for Chelsea (h) by £3.00 so they can make the money back they lost from honouring the Arsenal (h) price. ;D

Cat2 was £41 v Arsenal and is £47 v Chelsea. It's all getting a bit silly now. Glad I've taken the decision to sit the rest of this season out, although tbf they were sort of taking that out of my hands anyway with my luck in the ballots :lol:

Jesus Christ someone in the ticket office covering their arse and compounding it by trying to claw the mistake back.

Tickets had already been increased this season, absolutely no time currently for the execs that have been brought in sickening.

Don't know what everyone is complaining about. We get a whole three weeks notice of our success in the Chelsea ballot.

If I'm successful I might be able to nab a £110 train ticket instead of £175. Everything's coming up wormy. :fwap: 

16 minutes ago, Sima said:

Shady as fuck changing ticket pricing midway through the season.

What's to stop Cat 2 being £55 for Man City later down the line?

It's dodgy as fuck. Surprised if it's allowed and if it is, it shouldn't be! There's literally no transparency within the ticketing department at all. They just seem to be a law to themselves.

Not sure how they can justify Chelsea being a more attractive match than Arsenal.

10 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

It's dodgy as fuck. Surprised if it's allowed and if it is, it shouldn't be! There's literally no transparency within the ticketing department at all. They just seem to be a law to themselves.

Not sure how they can justify Chelsea being a more attractive match than Arsenal.

It's not more attractive. Category 2 tickets are £44, they cocked up and put the Arsenal tickets on for £41 when announcing the ballot but said they would honour the price. So we all paid £41. Now they have stuck the price up by £3 for Chelsea to £47 thus not honouring their original mistake. I imagine the next game will be back to £44 but anything is possible these days :laugh:

Edited by Tross

12 minutes ago, Tross said:

It's not more attractive. Category 2 tickets are £44, they cocked up and put the Arsenal tickets on for £41 when announcing the ballot but said they would honour the price. So we all paid £41. Now they have stuck the price up by £3 for Chelsea to £47 thus not honouring their original mistake. I imagine the next game will be back to £44 but anything is possible these days :laugh:

Ah right. I assumed the cock up was because they'd got the kids prices wrong and they were coming up as £0. Didn't realise they'd also cocked up the adult prices!

2 hours ago, Wallsendmag said:

Cat2 was £41 v Arsenal and is £47 v Chelsea. It's all getting a bit silly now. Glad I've taken the decision to sit the rest of this season out, although tbf they were sort of taking that out of my hands anyway with my luck in the ballots :lol:

Ticket for Coventry v West Brom last night were £37. In comparison, it’s not that bad at all. 

Edited by ryanegg

17 minutes ago, ryanegg said:

Ticket for Coventry v West Brom last night were £37. In comparison, it’s not that bad at all. 

No that is just ridiculous and is the reason many West Brom fans boycotted it and there was so many empty seats in the home end as well, despite it being a derby.

I paid €19 to watch Borussia Monchengladbach at the weekend, in comparison. Overall fan experience absolutely pissed on what we have over here as well.

Have to say they’re just layering error on top of error this season. Hopefully someone at executive level is going to notice how bad this has been run, and cull almost everyone involved. 

I know we sell every ticket regardless, but there’s no reason excuse for such a rich company to have such terrible customer experience. 

5 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Have to say they’re just layering error on top of error this season. Hopefully someone at executive level is going to notice how bad this has been run, and cull almost everyone involved. 

I know we sell every ticket regardless, but there’s no reason excuse for such a rich company to have such terrible customer experience. 

We sell every ticket now but we are not Arsenal based in a wealthy area of the capital. I hope Silverstone realises this. It will be interesting to se what they do with us ST holders on the 10 year deals ... It is entirely possible our tickets go up 25% plus next season. I will buy regardless but others might not be in a position to do so. The FSA did great with the away match price cap next focus has to be some regulation around home ticketing and kick off times imho

2 hours ago, OCOCOL said:

We sell every ticket now but we are not Arsenal based in a wealthy area of the capital. I hope Silverstone realises this. It will be interesting to se what they do with us ST holders on the 10 year deals ... It is entirely possible our tickets go up 25% plus next season. I will buy regardless but others might not be in a position to do so. The FSA did great with the away match price cap next focus has to be some regulation around home ticketing and kick off times imho

I reckon 25% will be the very minimum price rise for the 10 year deals, they know they can sell them tickets for shitloads more  

The fact 10 year deals were even offered is an indication as to just how clamming Ashley was for a guaranteed revenue stream and how unlikely the chances were that the quality of football would ever improve 

Must rile the fuck out of Silverstone & Eales that people are on such cheap deals and now watching a Top 4 side 

8 hours ago, bobbydazzla said:

I reckon 25% will be the very minimum price rise for the 10 year deals, they know they can sell them tickets for shitloads more  

The fact 10 year deals were even offered is an indication as to just how clamming Ashley was for a guaranteed revenue stream and how unlikely the chances were that the quality of football would ever improve 

Must rile the fuck out of Silverstone & Eales that people are on such cheap deals and now watching a Top 4 side 

It must!

But they must not forget that a lot of us having been going for 30+ years and will be there whatever division we are in or what the football is like. I understand that demand now currently massively outstrips supply but even given continued success and progress on the pitch the less committed or people with normal financial positions (most of the Tyneside area) doesn't always translate into guaranteed full houses once expectation levels rise (Man City).

I know football is a business now but our one team city status and the location of the ground within the city makes it in my humble opinion more important the club retains its community links and remains inclusive. I've said this before but I'd keep a small proportion of tickets back and give them away free to kids in local primary schools particularly those within a stones throw of SJP - NE4 etc. These kids are our present and future and whilst we need to welcome corporate money and look to maximize our commercial revenue streams - part of what (I think) non natives buy into with supporting NUFC is the feeling of "otherness" and the connection toe Newcastle the city and the wider Tyneside region.

But what do I knaa ;)

16 minutes ago, OCOCOL said:

It must!

But they must not forget that a lot of us having been going for 30+ years and will be there whatever division we are in or what the football is like. I understand that demand now currently massively outstrips supply but even given continued success and progress on the pitch the less committed or people with normal financial positions (most of the Tyneside area) doesn't always translate into guaranteed full houses once expectation levels rise (Man City).

I know football is a business now but our one team city status and the location of the ground within the city makes it in my humble opinion more important the club retains its community links and remains inclusive. I've said this before but I'd keep a small proportion of tickets back and give them away free to kids in local primary schools particularly those within a stones throw of SJP - NE4 etc. These kids are our present and future and whilst we need to welcome corporate money and look to maximize our commercial revenue streams - part of what (I think) non natives buy into with supporting NUFC is the feeling of "otherness" and the connection toe Newcastle the city and the wider Tyneside region.

But what do I knaa ;)

With the current demand for tickets there would be absolute hell on if they started giving tickets away to schools. However worthy the sentiment.