Memberships (2023/24)

ceolnamara

That 10k figure is miles off. Peter Silverstone said approx 50k within 48 hours on a podcast and then at the event last week said less than half of Dortmund's numbers. So it's somewhere between 50k and 90k.

29 minutes ago, El Prontonise said:

No chance our membership number is around 10k.

Yep makes no sense. Maybe international memberships sold this season possibly and was misheard? We’ve clearly got around 80k give or take.

Not sure why they can't just be transparent about it. We bought tickets to watch Borussia Monchengladbach the other week and I got an email off them on Monday saying they had 98,486 members and did I want to sign up and get them closer to 100,000.

All German clubs reveal their exact membership numbers.

54 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

Not sure why they can't just be transparent about it. We bought tickets to watch Borussia Monchengladbach the other week and I got an email off them on Monday saying they had 98,486 members and did I want to sign up and get them closer to 100,000.

All German clubs reveal their exact membership numbers.

They claim ‘commercial sensitivity’, but agreed, it would be beneficial for fans to know.

Nice of the bellends to give me a heart attack with the 'remember to get there early' email for the Man U match that as far as I'm aware, only goes out if you're successful in the ballot. :lol:

Made me re-check my account and nope, next ticket is still Fulham. 

Edited by wormy

• 2 weeks later...

A quick question around memberships & tickets....my mate has got a ticket for Saturday - currently residing in his Apple Wallet. He got it by via another member winning the ballot, who then sent the email to him with the link to add the ticket to wallet....which it did with no problem.

I was amazed that this had happened, but will the e-ticket actually work at the turnstile? If so, then this is surely an easy way to get a ticket from someone else. But wasn't the whole e-ticketing brought in to stop this kind of thing happening?

7 minutes ago, Wandy said:

A quick question around memberships & tickets....my mate has got a ticket for Saturday - currently residing in his Apple Wallet. He got it by via another member winning the ballot, who then sent the email to him with the link to add the ticket to wallet....which it did with no problem.

I was amazed that this had happened, but will the e-ticket actually work at the turnstile? If so, then this is surely an easy way to get a ticket from someone else. But wasn't the whole e-ticketing brought in to stop this kind of thing happening?

Yes you can send it to anyone. It will only work once though.

No reason the membership was likely brought in was so the club could decide how big a ground we need and what is the actual demand for tickets. We currently have 30-35K ST holders and approx 72K members.

The reason E-Ticketing was brought in was to reduce carbon footprint and reduce postage and admin costs short term. Longer term the tickets may become less transferable but can’t see that being for a few years.

Edited by LFEE

1 minute ago, LFEE said:

Yes you can send it to anyone.

No reason the membership was likely brought in was so the club could decide how big a ground we need and what is the actual demand for tickets. We currently have 30-35K ST holders and approx 72K members.

The reason E-Ticketing was brought in was to reduce carbon footprint and reduce postage and admin costs short term. Longer term the tickets may become less transferable but can’t see that being for a few years.

Thanks for clarifying. I'm pretty surprised that it's allowed, as it is a massive touting gateway. I honestly thought the main reason was that the club wanted to know exactly who was inside the stadium.

Why on earth are they so strict on away tickets then ffs? What a shit show that is.

2 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Yes you can send it to anyone. It will only work once though.

Aye, with talk of us getting an app presumably the digital ticketing endgame will be to have all tickets on the app, connected to our memberships/supporter accounts etc where they'll be able to fairly easily police it.

9 minutes ago, Wandy said:

Yeah, I thought the tech behind it would be more sophisticated than it seems to be.

In theory, advanced digital ticketing should make it harder to shift tickets on, and therefore make touting more difficult. However, what we currently have actually makes it easier.

Just now, SteV said:

Yeah, I thought the tech behind it would be more sophisticated than it seems to be.

In theory, advanced digital ticketing should make it harder to shift tickets on, and therefore make touting more difficult. However, what we currently have actually makes it easier.

Exactly. No wonder these touting sites can offer tickets. They probably have multiple memberships and are entering the ballot and flogging them on for a big mark-up.

1 minute ago, Wandy said:

Thanks for clarifying. I'm pretty surprised that it's allowed, as it is a massive touting gateway. I honestly thought the main reason was that the club wanted to know exactly who was inside the stadium.

Why on earth are they so strict on away tickets then ffs? What a shit show that is.

No problem. Like I’ve been debating since start of the season the home  ticket system has been a far bigger mess than the away games. Absolutely rife for touting from anywhere around the world with a membership.

Its the ST holders that have the restrictions so the club knows who’s in those seats either the holder themselves or a guest.

The whole ticketing changes were brought in to a degree because people weren’t happy that a number of people had 35+ STs in one name each and therefore were using as a sideline for home and away games including coach travel etc. That’s why there was an amnesty to confirm a name for each seat.

4 minutes ago, LFEE said:

No problem. Like I’ve been debating since start of the season the home  ticket system has been a far bigger mess than the away games. Absolutely rife for touting from anywhere around the world with a membership.

Its the ST holders that have the restrictions so the club knows who’s in those seats either the holder themselves or a guest.

The whole ticketing changes were brought in to a degree because people weren’t happy that a number of people had 35+ STs in one name each and therefore were using as a sideline for home and away games including coach travel etc. That’s why there was an amnesty to confirm a name for each seat.

Absolutely mental. A member can transfer a home ticket to another member but a ST holder can't transfer an away ticket to a member. Makes zero sense.

7 minutes ago, Wandy said:

Exactly. No wonder these touting sites can offer tickets. They probably have multiple memberships and are entering the ballot and flogging them on for a big mark-up.

I’d hope that this isn’t the permanent solution. And was perhaps the best they could come up with given the fairly ridiculous timeframe they set themselves to sort everything out.

Somewhere down the line it shouldn’t be beyond them to come up with an NUFC ticket app, only accessible to the named user, that holds your ticket. You’d still need to allow some level of functionality to be able to transfer a ticket, but at the very least that should be completely traceable.

5 minutes ago, Wandy said:

Absolutely mental. A member can transfer a home ticket to another member but a ST holder can't transfer an away ticket to a member. Makes zero sense.

A member isn’t actually allowed to transfer a ticket to anyone, but as you stated earlier, it’s a piece of piss to do and unless they start doing ID checks at home games, there’s no risk attached in doing it.

I’ve bought 2-3 tickets per game for every game so far

I’m passing them on at face value to friends and people off here who were struggling to get tickets and otherwise couldn’t go 

If I can get that many tickets with just some persistence and a rapid mouse finger, imagine how many tickets a tout using bots could get

But aye, the system is fairer isn’t it 

Edited by bobbydazzla

10 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

It definitely blew my mind when I saw how easy it was to transfer tickets. Our current membership/digital ticketing system combined with demand exceeding supply is basically a touts wet dream.

If a Season Ticket holder wants to pass tickets on, does the recipient have to be a member or can they be sent to any email address/smart phone user?

6 minutes ago, vicente_14 said:

If a Season Ticket holder wants to pass tickets on, does the recipient have to be a member or can they be sent to any email address/smart phone user?

I imagine they don't even need to be a member. [emoji38] What a farce.

edit ; actually a ST holder can only transfer to a member. But surely a member can pass a ticket on to a non-member then?

Edited by Wandy

You can pass it on to anybody. Just a case of sending the email and they click the link to add to wallet.

It's not 'formally' passed on and will still have the buyer's name on it, but it's extremely easy to do.

Edited by ponsaelius

46 minutes ago, vicente_14 said:

They just need an nufc account. But that’s mainly because if you have two or more people sharing a ST, there had to be a way of transferring between them. 

It’s actually more difficult to pass a ST on for a league game, than it is for a member to transfer an individually bought match ticket, because the ST holder doesn’t have an email for every individual game, so they have to use the formal transfer process.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry if this has been answered or seems obvious, I just want to make sure my understanding of the process is correct. 

If I was to become a member, I can enter a ballot for a ticket to every home game (albeit a slim chance of succeeding) is that right?

im not local so joining any ST waiting list wouldn’t work for me, but would be nice to get up for the odd game here or there.