Memberships (2023/24)

ceolnamara

1 minute ago, Viana said:

I appreciate why people are upset with this, but I'm not surprised it's happening. 

The club is moving at warp speed. Seven of our ten most expensive transfers have occurred under this ownership (source) and we've also invested heavily in the academy, the training ground, and a women's team. We're acting like an elite football club, and one of the things that come with that is expensive tickets. Some of it is supply and demand, but we're also in the premier European competition and we've just spent close to £100m on two players. It's not hard to get people through the door and so the price is going to increase. 

There will be a lot of positives coming down the road in terms of sponsorships and big name players, but to have that without a price increase is bordering on impossible and not something I'd expect. Ticket sales don't move the needle much in the grand scheme of things, but they do still move the needle. 

I don't disagree...its just a bit sad it's going to price a lot of people out of it...

3 minutes ago, Viana said:

I appreciate why people are upset with this, but I'm not surprised it's happening. 

The club is moving at warp speed. Seven of our ten most expensive transfers have occurred under this ownership (source) and we've also invested heavily in the academy, the training ground, and a women's team. We're acting like an elite football club, and one of the things that come with that is expensive tickets. Some of it is supply and demand, but we're also in the premier European competition and we've just spent close to £100m on two players. It's not hard to get people through the door and so the price is going to increase. 

There will be a lot of positives coming down the road in terms of sponsorships and big name players, but to have that without a price increase is bordering on impossible and not something I'd expect. Ticket sales don't move the needle much in the grand scheme of things, but they do still move the needle. 

Even if we accept that the price increases are needed (still not convinced).

Doesn't explain why people can no longer choose the area of the ground they'd like to sit in, or the Seating Category (pricing) they can afford. 

7 minutes ago, KDT said:

How many £72 tickets to be reckon are actually available? Won’t it just be a handful of platinum club ones? 

Unsure tbh, but I was quite high up in the queue for Liverpool (h) last season; quite a high demand game. The only seat I could get after being 4000+ in the queue was in the Platinum Club to the tune of £67. Think there's more there than people would think.

This shouldn't be a problem regardless. Not being to select your seat/price category is genuinely insane.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

2 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Can anyone shed any light, if its random price and seat, what happens with my child? Are we guaranteed to be seated together as this stands or not?

If you both have memberships and enter the ballot together and you're both successful, yeah you should be next to each other. Where those seats are in the ground though is another matter. :lol:

Edited by HaydnNUFC

8 minutes ago, TheDimpleboy said:

Even if we accept that the price increases are needed (still not convinced).

Doesn't explain why people can no longer choose the area of the ground they'd like to sit in, or the Seating Category (pricing) they can afford. 

That element of things is a surprise, but I'd be lying if I said I hadn't seen similar practices elsewhere. 

For example, when buying tickets to a game in the U.S they have stipulations on how you pick your seats. If there's five in a row available I can't pick four and leave one behind. I have to take all five or I can only pick three. 

3 minutes ago, Viana said:

That element of things is a surprise, but I'd be lying if I said I hadn't seen similar practices elsewhere. 

For example, when buying tickets to a game in the U.S they have stipulations on how you pick your seats. If there's five in a row available I can't pick four and leave one behind. I have to take all five or I can only pick three. 

That's completely different though mate. In fact our online seat selection tool already had that exact rule baked into it for the last few years.

People literally can't choose what stand they are going in, or whether it's a 74 quid ticket versus a 44 quid one. Never mind the actual seat!

25 minutes ago, Viana said:

how many elite clubs globally operate a ballot policy where fans can neither choose the price, or location of their seat ? 

and if there are some, do their fans feel it’s a been a positive change ?

cos in my opinion, it’s an absolutely fucking shite state of affairs 

Edited by bobbydazzla

4 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

how many elite clubs globally operate a ballot policy where fans can neither choose the price, or location of their seat ? 

and if there are some, do their fans feel it’s a been a positive change ?

cos in my opinion, it’s an absolutely fucking shite state of affairs 

I've read that arsenal have adopted this system also, for the coming season 

26 minutes ago, patrone said:

Spurs tickets can go upto £105 however

Screenshot_20230801-204857.png

How much is One Hotspur+? Certainly better than our membership benefits.

This is literally the sort of thing the Club should have been pushing…

Tiers of membership.