Memberships (2024/25)

ceolnamara

2 minutes ago, OCOCOL said:

Have more confidence now that Brian Blessed has walked away that there isn't the same self interest and conflict of interest. There is still a stench of Tory TF around the board though. It is also telling that the response from NUSC was more detailed and eloquent that NUST imho.

Hurst has been complaining about the previous membership ticketing system for months.

5 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Which is fair enough. I'm not sure how that could work though? I'd take from row of Gallowgate corner or back row Level 7 Milburn Stand just to get in and experience it again. It's impossible to cater to everyone. 

They literally did the same with a ballot for Wembley. You were successful in the ballot and then selected your ticket. 

It’s definitely doable man [emoji38]

I just hope the NUST push this. I surely can’t be the only person that would like the opportunity to select a seat if I’m successful? 

14 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Which is fair enough. I'm not sure how that could work though? I'd take from row of Gallowgate corner or back row Level 7 Milburn Stand just to get in and experience it again. It's impossible to cater to everyone. 

It's not impossible though is it? The old system let you sit where you want, once you got through the queue.

If that kind of accessibility does not come back then I seriously doubt I will be attending any more games at SJP. I'm not being dictated to as to where I'm sitting.

9 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

They literally did the same with a ballot for Wembley. You were successful in the ballot and then selected your ticket. 

It’s definitely doable man [emoji38]

I just hope the NUST push this. I surely can’t be the only person that would like the opportunity to select a seat if I’m successful? 

Yep. Dunno why it's such an issue. I needed to do it last season; we took my grandad who's 88 and can't walk too far without being out of breath to the Man Utd game in April, was his first game in over 20 years. We needed his seat to be next to my dad's ST seat and as close as possible to the aisle to take any additional strain off him needing to either walk past people or let people past him. Had to plan ahead essentially.

That's now impossible to do with how it is now. A STH will also not be able to take his non STH child to a match now either even if he knew the seat immediately next to him or near him is not held by another STH. It's honestly just really shit.

Last season come the release to members/ST holders there was the 10am free for all, if you got through the walking footballer stage then you went on to select specific seat at specific price. Although granted that stage was not always straightforward due to the disappearing seat scenario.

You would hope that they could tweak things, so that the people who came out of the ballot are then given a certain time when they can sign on and pick tickets via the stadium map - if you can find seat you want great, if you cannot then you do not have to buy one, and those unsold tickets are are released to a second ballot for other people to have a crack.

Means there is a still a ballot process, and you get to pick a seat you like, at price you want to pay, or not as the case may be.

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

That's yours and others opinion. My opinion is just being given a shot to get in is better than never getting a sniff due to work commitments never being free to log-in at 10am. Doubt I'm alone in that. It's not perfect but nothing will be until the ground is expanded. 

The opportunity to choose my own seat would be the minimum I’d expect when buying a ticket for a sporting or entertainment venue 

Anything less than that would be unacceptable 

The same applies to NUFC

Edited by bobbydazzla

Interesting to see how quickly they were able to implement a change to the ballot system overnight. Almost as if they expected a bad reaction to the whole thing, but had a remedy on standby waiting to go ?

I’m no IT whizz but how likely is it that they could implement a change that quickly and introduce an option to select price categories almost immediately ?

23 minutes ago, Wandy said:

It's not impossible though is it? The old system let you sit where you want, once you got through the queue.

If that kind of accessibility does not come back then I seriously doubt I will be attending any more games at SJP. I'm not being dictated to as to where I'm sitting.

That was when it was first-come, first-served so you had that luxury. 

3 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Interesting to see how quickly they were able to implement a change to the ballot system overnight. Almost as if they expected a bad reaction to the whole thing, but had a remedy on standby waiting to go ?

I’m no IT whizz but how likely is it that they could implement a change that quickly and introduce an option to select price categories almost immediately ?

Probably not too difficult with a few developers on the job, especially if you're desperate.

2 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

The cynic in me thinks it was pre planned. Nobody is complaining about the price rises now (I still think £35-£44 for a normal seat is sneaky - 25% increase - when ST holders have only been hit with a 5% increase).

The club are now getting a big pat on the back for allowing you to select the category you want, which was a no brainer thing to do in the first place…

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

That was when it was first-come, first-served so you had that luxury. 

The point is that the queue was the gateway to getting into the ticket selection section. There is absolutely no reason why the ballot cannot be made to be the new gateway.

1 minute ago, Wandy said:

The point is that the queue was the gateway to getting into the ticket selection section. There is absolutely no reason why the ballot cannot be made to be the new gateway.

Then you've paid your £44, you get in, people have beaten you to the seats you want and you have to sit anywhere anyway?

2 minutes ago, Wandy said:

Yeah I agree - those that come out of the ballot - simply go to the ticket selection stage where you pick seat.

2 minutes ago, Bally21 said:

Yeah I agree - those that come out of the ballot - simply go to the ticket selection stage where you pick seat.

And if you’re not arsed, and don’t select a seat you’ll be randomly generated one anyway. Shirley?

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Then you've paid your £44, you get in, people have beaten you to the seats you want and you have to sit anywhere anyway?

They might have beaten you to a seat, but I'd bet that you would get another one pretty close to the one that you wanted.  And for the next match you apply for you might get your exact seat. Law of averages, and all that.

It's ten times better a system than one that could easily put you in the very front row...or very back row...of a stand. And you having no say in that.

1 minute ago, Wandy said:

They might have beaten you to a seat, but I'd bet that you would get another one pretty close to the one that you wanted.  And for the next match you apply for you might get your exact seat. Law of averages, and all that.

It's ten times better a system than one that could easily put you in the very front row...or very back row...of a stand. And you having no say in that.

Let's say they didn't take any money up front, they draw the ballot, the people who come out of the ballot go to the usual seat map, select seat they want at price they want and the money is paid, or they decide no seat is acceptable, they do not pay any money, and their place on ballot is released for a second ballot.

10 minutes ago, Wandy said:

When spending money people usually are presented with some sort of choice so they can calculate the value of the purchase. 

And they’ve taken that choice away.

We’ve basically paid £37 to have the “privilege” of possibly being able to get inside SJP on a match day and the only choice we have is what price of ticket we’d be willing to be allocated. 

Its absolutely dogshit. 

Edited by bobbydazzla

4 minutes ago, Bally21 said:

Let's say they didn't take any money up front, they draw the ballot, the people who come out of the ballot go to the usual seat map, select seat they want at price they want and the money is paid, or they decide no seat is acceptable, they do not pay any money, and their place on ballot is released for a second ballot.

I wouldn't even mind if they took the money up front, as long as I get a range of seats to actually choose from. 

23 minutes ago, Alberto2005 said:

Probably not too difficult with a few developers on the job, especially if you're desperate.

Aye wouldn’t surprise me if they had people working thru the night on it too

18 minutes ago, Bally21 said:

So, what? Another 24 hour period to do this? With others complaining that they can’t get online at that point and why should they have to etc

Aside from people with genuine reasons for being unable to be placed in whatever seat, I do think this is starting to get a bit silly:

A) Apply for a seat in a category that costs a price you want/are prepared to pay

B) Be allocated a seat.

It doesn’t sound that unreasonable to me. People desperate to sit next to others can apply together. 

8 minutes ago, Hovagod said:

So, what? Another 24 hour period to do this? With others complaining that they can’t get online at that point and why should they have to etc

Aside from people with genuine reasons for being unable to be placed in whatever seat, I do think this is starting to get a bit silly:

A) Apply for a seat in a category that costs a price you want/are prepared to pay

B) Be allocated a seat.

It doesn’t sound that unreasonable to me. People desperate to sit next to others can apply together. 

:lol: Yes. Exactly what you said in your first two sentences. What difference does 24 hours make?

FYI there is already a ticket resale 3 days after this current ballot. Plenty of time for people to go in and select a seat. 

84A816F1-57B8-4423-A29B-58933DE58CCB.png

16 minutes ago, Hovagod said:

B) Be allocated a seat.

Seriously ?

You’d like to go and see your favourite band in a stadium but the only option you’re given is to pay money for the ticket and be thankful you got in.  

Might be in a section that isn’t suitable for your preferences, might be separated from friends and family, might be at the very back and able to see fuck all.

Howay man.

Buying a ticket for an event doesn’t work like that. 

I’ve never bought a ticket to any entertainment or sporting event where I was allocated a seat at random. 

Edited by bobbydazzla