Memberships (2024/25)

ceolnamara

31 minutes ago, Pata said:

I don't think it's any different. I've applied for both home games as an international member and have failed to get a ticket.

Good to know, thanks 

32 minutes ago, TheDimpleboy said:

Cheers all.

So follow up question: does anyone know whether I can buy a membership on my current supporter number (which already has a season ticket attached to it). 

Or do I have to create a separate account just to have a membership 

No, you can’t.

Not sure whether the ‘new’ account would have to have different details to original one too?

54 minutes ago, TheDimpleboy said:

Cheers all.

So follow up question: does anyone know whether I can buy a membership on my current supporter number (which already has a season ticket attached to it). 

Or do I have to create a separate account just to have a membership 

You can’t buy a membership if you have a ST. I asked at box office in person weeks ago and they said no because essentially no point as can’t enter the ballot as me as tickets in ballot not transferable.

Your best bet is to get your dad a membership. Skip the auto selected seats ballot and try your luck each game at phase two in the queuing system and hope to find a seat near you.

?

2 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Downloading your ST to a burner/old phone that supports Google Wallet or Apple Wallet seems like a half decent idea to STHs if you could be arsed. 

Mate of mine has done this with both of his ST's. Just gives the old phone to whoever for each home game.

Edited by Minhosa

2 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Out of interest, why does he need to do that? 

Means you’re not bound by the 10 transfers thing.

Some people will also see it as less hassle than doing the actual transfer online.

42 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Out of interest, why does he need to do that? 

He shares the seats with his staff at work as a bit of an incentive thing - doesn't want the hassle of the online stuff and wants to give them to whomever he likes without worrying about being watched by the club.

4 minutes ago, gdm said:

I get this is the price of ‘success’ but actually pretty fed up with this. What a waste of money buying a membership was

Fully understand the frustration if you haven’t got ticket to either game so far. Especially if you’ve gone regularly last season. I’d be the same.

We are only two games in though. Some people are 2/2 in the ballots. That could be you in the next two.

I’d think for Brentford demand will be down a bit from Villa and Liverpool.

Edited by SteV

5 minutes ago, SteV said:

Fully understand the frustration if you haven’t got ticket to either game so far. Especially if you’ve gone regularly last season. I’d be the same.

We are only two games in though. Some people are 2/2 in the ballots. That could be you in the next two.

I’d think for Brentford demand will be down a bit from Villa and Liverpool.

Thing is because of work I can’t make every game so I’ll get limited use out of the membership as it is and with every failed ballot it becomes more pointless. It is annoying that people have 2/2 and others have 0/2. I’ll try Brentford as it’s a Sunday game but if that ends up 0 from 3 while others get 3/3 then the system is a load of bollocks. It’s meant to be fairer how is that at all fair?

20 minutes ago, Minhosa said:

He shares the seats with his staff at work as a bit of an incentive thing - doesn't want the hassle of the online stuff and wants to give them to whomever he likes without worrying about being watched by the club.

Ah right, well he shouldn't be doing that :lol:

1 minute ago, gdm said:

Thing is because of work I can’t make every game so I’ll get limited use out of the membership as it is and with every failed ballot it becomes more pointless. It is annoying that people have 2/2 and others have 0/2. I’ll try Brentford as it’s a Sunday game but if that ends up 0 from 3 while others get 3/3 then the system is a load of bollocks. It’s meant to be fairer how is that at all fair?

I suppose the randomness is what should make it fair.

You could argue that there could maybe be a weighting aspect where if you’ve been unsuccessful previously you somehow get more chance next time. Although at the minute, that’s miles too complicated for what’s in place. That’s before you get into the fact that people would probably rather be successful in certain games etc.

As the season goes on the discrepancy between those who keep getting picked and those that don’t, should narrow you would hope.

23 minutes ago, Minhosa said:

And this is exactly what should be stopped

Sorry like, but that's abusing the system.

There are the corporate areas that should be used for that ?

17 minutes ago, gdm said:

Contact Suporter Services team and let them know.  

This new process is utter dogshit for so many reasons and the more people who contact the club hierarchy to explain why they don’t like it, the better.

It’s because of people complaining about the old system that we have this crusty spunk rag of a new system in place. So they clearly listen to complaints, just the attempted solution is minging. 

Edited by bobbydazzla

1 hour ago, TheDimpleboy said:

Aye he's already got a membership.

So effectively the only way he can sit anywhere near me is if he's ludicrously lucky in the phase 2 queue...

I'll be emailing the club about this like, utter shite.

That’s correct. By all means do so but very much doubt they can help you without changing the whole system ?

20 minutes ago, SteV said:

I suppose the randomness is what should make it fair.

You could argue that there could maybe be a weighting aspect where if you’ve been unsuccessful previously you somehow get more chance next time. Although at the minute, that’s miles too complicated for what’s in place. That’s before you get into the fact that people would probably rather be successful in certain games etc.

As the season goes on the discrepancy between those who keep getting picked and those that don’t, should narrow you would hope.

The box office seemed to suggest this was the case (and would be wise as you can’t have some people getting no value for their £37 compared to others) but how they would do that I’m guessing with an algorithm. Not that being told anything by the box office face to face feels like anything official ?

Definitely something that will become clearer as the season progresses.

49 minutes ago, gdm said:

I get this is the price of ‘success’ but actually pretty fed up with this. What a waste of money buying a membership was

I’m guessing you are frustrated by missing out again? Probably not what you want to hear right now but you need to be realistic regards your success rate. Missing out on I’m guessing first two games is hardly grounds for claiming your membership was a waste of money. Hopefully you’ll get to around 4 out of 19.

11 minutes ago, LFEE said:

The box office seemed to suggest this was the case (and would be wise as you can’t have some people getting no value for their £37 compared to others) but how they would do that I’m guessing with an algorithm. Not that being told anything by the box office face to face feels like anything official ?

Definitely something that will become clearer as the season progresses.

No way they could adopt something as modern as an algorithm on our shite IT system 

It’s more likely that they’d use Gypsy Rose Lee in her caravan on the Bigg Market to predict who’s already been successful in the ballot or not 

That’s about the level of complexity our website can handle 

Edited by bobbydazzla

12 minutes ago, LFEE said:

I’m guessing you are frustrated by missing out again? Probably not what you want to hear right now but you need to be realistic regards your success rate. Missing out on I’m guessing first two games is hardly grounds for claiming your membership was a waste of money. Hopefully you’ll get to around 4 out of 19.

As I’ve said my availability for matches isn’t large. I’m probably only available for about half the home games and that’s 2 gone already. I know that’s not the fault of the club but under the old system I’d be confident of getting to 2 or 3. Signs not looking good 

21 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Have they said how many memberships are out there? Or maybe better how many are entering the ballot each home game?

2 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

4 out of 19 would be really shit like. 

aye. an extra tenner per game on top of the already inflated price of a match day ticket price.

makes a bit of a mockery of the constant 'being a member brings many benefits' bollocks you have to listen to over and over again while you're on hold for over an hour should you have the misfortune to need to contact the box office.