Memberships (2024/25)

ceolnamara

Speaking for myself, it's no great science outside of constantly refreshing in 15-30 minute windows and being lightning quick.

You've got very little hope of getting two seats together in my experience.

1 hour ago, whiteline said:

Can I ask what method you use? Ive tried different browsers etc but always seems to be beaten to the click! Ive only managed 3 resales this season and two were on match day.

I don't think browser type has any bearing, you've just got to be quick at spotting a seat and getting that seat into your basket within a second or two. Any longer than that and it will usually vanish

Success is down to persistence, a sprinkle of luck and having a proper rapid trigger finger. And I can also ADHD hyper-focus on a mundane task, which helps

7 minutes ago, Sima said:

Speaking for myself, it's no great science outside of constantly refreshing in 15-30 minute windows and being lightning quick.

You've got very little hope of getting two seats together in my experience.

I was able to basket 2 x seats together about 3 or 4 times over the entire season, it was so rare compared to singles

Edited by bobbydazzla

42 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

I don't think browser type has any bearing, you've just got to be quick at spotting a seat and getting that seat into your basket within a second or two. Any longer than that and it will usually vanish

Success is down to persistence, a sprinkle of luck and having a proper rapid trigger finger. And I can also ADHD hyper-focus on a mundane task, which helps

Do you use the drop down or the stadium map? I find it takes time to

refresh screen

click on the drop down

click on apply

click on the seat (when eventually you spot it!)

click on buy

at that stage it’s normally gone. 

14 minutes ago, whiteline said:

Do you use the drop down or the stadium map? I find it takes time to

refresh screen

click on the drop down

click on apply

click on the seat (when eventually you spot it!)

click on buy

at that stage it’s normally gone. 

I use the drop down

to be successful the entire process you describe usually needs to be done in under 5 seconds  

Persistence will show you some seats but it’s reaction speeds that gets them in the basket 

From this….

Ralph Macchio Chopsticks GIF

To this….

ralph macchio chopsticks GIF

Edited by bobbydazzla

2 hours ago, whiteline said:

Can I ask what method you use? Ive tried different browsers etc but always seems to be beaten to the click! Ive only managed 3 resales this season and two were on match day.

It has been covered by others but checking periodically in short quick bursts. As when one pops up you need to secure it quick. Gets easier the closer you get to KO. 

Probably not the right thread but can't find a ticketing one (if there is one). 

Does anyone here go to the match on a senior ticket? If so does the scanner light up a different colour? I'm renewing the family season tickets and my mum is now a senior. We can't change her name due to the seat bond, and I have two mates who share her ticket. Will I have to transfer every week or does it just scan green when you go in? 

p.s I want to pay adult price but I can't unless the box office let me change the DOB....

17 minutes ago, Adam said:

Does anyone here go to the match on a senior ticket? If so does the scanner light up a different colour? I'm renewing the family season tickets and my mum is now a senior. We can't change her name due to the seat bond, and I have two mates who share her ticket. Will I have to transfer every week or does it just scan green when you go in? 

p.s I want to pay adult price but I can't unless the box office let me change the DOB....

Different lights for a senior mate.

22 minutes ago, Adam said:

Does your mam never use it?

If not that’s potentially a problem, as although you can transfer to an adult for any game, if you do it every week it’ll probably flag something up and they’ll eventually ask questions.

19 minutes ago, SteV said:

Does your mam never use it?

If not that’s potentially a problem, as although you can transfer to an adult for any game, if you do it every week it’ll probably flag something up and they’ll eventually ask questions.

She will now and then but not every game. I can only transfer 10 games so will have to find a solution to the problem if the light is a different colour for seniors. Though when I've scanned after some old folk this season their ST just showed green so I'm not sure. I'll ask the old bloke next to me at the Brighton game and go from there. 

5 minutes ago, Adam said:

She will now and then but not every game. I can only transfer 10 games so will have to find a solution to the problem if the light is a different colour for seniors. Though when I've scanned after some old folk this season their ST just showed green so I'm not sure. I'll ask the old bloke next to me at the Brighton game and go from there. 

To be honest you could probably get away without transferring most weeks, it’s just a risk.

Also that 10 transfers rule, isn’t actually hard and fast I don’t think. I think if you do more than ten they might contact you to ask what’s going on. If you’re always transferring to the same person it looks much less dodgy than if you’re transferring to a different person every time.

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, SteV said:

“It is believed that Newcastle are working on membership changes that will improve the chances of being successful in the ballots next season.”

Very much like to know how this is possible without any extra seats….

I wonder if they essentially cap the amount of games members can attend so everyone gets to go basically. 

Just now, SteV said:

“It is believed that Newcastle are working on membership changes that will improve the chances of being successful in the ballots next season.”

Very much like to know how this is possible without any extra seats….

Limiting the amount of memberships available? 

Splitting them between local / national / international and having different pots?

4 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

Limiting the amount of memberships available? 

Splitting them between local / national / international and having different pots?

All of that is possible (although I’d be incredibly surprised if memberships were capped mind)

But essentially all you’re doing is making it easier for some people and more difficult for others. Not that I necessarily think that’s not a good thing, but getting the criteria right around exactly how you do it will be a very delicate balancing act.

9 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

I wonder if they essentially cap the amount of games members can attend so everyone gets to go basically. 

Probably possible, but feels like they’d have to put a lot of work in to make sure it operated as planned.

25 minutes ago, SteV said:

Probably possible, but feels like they’d have to put a lot of work in to make sure it operated as planned.

Just buy more memberships to avoid this

5 minutes ago, Slim said:

Just buy more memberships to avoid this

Yeah, that would be the fairly obvious and easy (if slightly expensive) workaround.

They had sponsor space up during the Brighton game, the new membership creatively called "The Magpies" 

Was in the box office last week and the staff were saying that a NUFC App is in development as well as upgrades throughout their IT infrastructure.

They also said that this time last year, with the changeover to digital, there was still a huge demand for their time. It's been relatively painless this year and they're really happy with the way renewals etc have gone. I have to say, it was dead quiet when I was in there.

7 minutes ago, Minhosa said:

Was in the box office last week and the staff were saying that a NUFC App is in development as well as upgrades throughout their IT infrastructure.

They also said that this time last year, with the changeover to digital, there was still a huge demand for their time. It's been relatively painless this year and they're really happy with the way renewals etc have gone. I have to say, it was dead quiet when I was in there.

A new website pls god. It is truly awful

They’ve changed the website from www.nufc.co.uk to www.newcastleunited.com so something is clearly in the works.