Memberships (2024/25)

ceolnamara

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Tricky now though, because most members have zero loyalty points and purchasing tickets now depends on luck rather than loyalty. 

Yeah, fair point, you might have to do something based on ballot applications rather than actual purchases.

Just now, patrone said:

It wouldn't be difficult to work it back on previous purchase history though.

I'm sure everyone is agreed the current system is poor, something needs to change.

The problem with that will be that you’ll get people (correctly) saying ‘I went to every game last season, but my dad/brother/lover got me the ticket via his ST, so there’s nothing recorded against my account’

9 minutes ago, SteV said:

The problem with that will be that you’ll get people (correctly) saying ‘I went to every game last season, but my dad/brother/lover got me the ticket via his ST, so there’s nothing recorded against my account’

Then you'll also get people (correctly) saying they shouldn't be penalised just because they don't have access to a dad/brother/lover ticket when they can't go so there'll never be a perfect solution. 

6 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Then you'll also get people (correctly) saying they shouldn't be penalised just because they don't have access to a dad/brother/lover ticket when they can't go so there'll never be a perfect solution. 

No perfect solution is exactly right, we just have to expand or rebuild and even then we might not be able to satisfy everyone. 

I think @SteVhas been bang on all the way through with his posts on this subject 

Where do I find my purchase history at the NUFC website nowadays? Used to be quite simple to find it. Been clicking about 50 links now without finding it [emoji38]

Edit: Found it!

Edited by andyman

10 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Yeah, and I think this is why they’ve gone down the route of almost forcing people to be the named owner of the ticket, even when it’s caused them some grief like when people had to set up accounts for their kids for the Sela Cup games.

Going forward though, it should hopefully allow some kind of tiered system to be put in place, which I think most people feel would be preferable to what we have right now.

As much as I’m not going to pretend the Box Office hasn’t made sizeable mistakes this summer, this whole situation (like everything else at the club) has been ultimately caused by years of neglect, where ticketing was allowed to just muddle along, with tweaks here and there, and no-one ever took responsibility to future-proof things.

16 hours ago, gdm said:

I mean surely you can see why they aren’t doing that. Not a great message. here, if you have more money have more chances than the poorer less well off fans. Doesn’t exactly scream fairness or in touch with the common fan 

Not sure you are fully understanding what I’m saying.

The seats that are higher price will be deemed better seats so usually priced higher already. It’s not that the same seat has 3 different prices and you outbid each other.

Im effectively asking someone before the ballet where do you want to sit. Those who just want to go whatever select all 3 price points. Others who can’t afford the best seats will choice the other price points. Some will rather miss than L7.

Either way the club needs to fill the more expensive seats so it’s a simple way of those with the biggest pockets actually get allocated the more expensive seats whereas they aren’t filling the cheaper seats so effectively those on a smaller budget have a bit more chance as not being filled by someone who could’ve afford to pay more.

Having the ability to offer flexibility on price will give you on paper more of a guarantee to get in but it will cost you. Whereas those not so lucky will hopefully each game have more cheap seats available as you’ll have people who’d if you can’t get Cat 1 or 2 tickets might prefer to watch in pub than Cat 3 L7 etc.

Edited by LFEE

How often do they clear loyalty points? I had four loyalty points up until 2021, it says they manually removed them. I mean, it's expensive to travel to England to get to games. I prefer going to SJP, but I have been to some away games and that has been absolutely amazing. Would be nice if the points didn't disappear out of the blue. I mean, four points won't get me to any matches when demands is as high as it is now, but you never know.

6 minutes ago, andyman said:

How often do they clear loyalty points? I had four loyalty points up until 2021, it says they manually removed them. I mean, it's expensive to travel to England to get to games. I prefer going to SJP, but I have been to some away games and that has been absolutely amazing. Would be nice if the points didn't disappear out of the blue. I mean, four points won't get me to any matches when demands is as high as it is now, but you never know.

They should only have been cleared if you gave up your ST up.

Edited by SteV

On a side note and putting aside the season ticket drama of the so called Kenton 2, it’s rather ironic that the club is trying to stamp out touting with this fella employed. Maybe, he’s judging fans by his own actions, and these tickets appearing on secondary sites well, all allegedly of course.

Edited by Whitley mag

13 hours ago, Scoreboard82 said:

Don't know about this season but DFDS used to do packages that included a match ticket. Met 2 Fortuna Sittard ST holders (father and son) in town the night before the Arsenal game. Had the doubletree by Hilton included at the airport. On a side note, it will be interesting to see membership take up next season. Suppose those who manage to get tickets will keep it and those that don't will seriously question its value.

Had a look, but seems DFDS have stopped doing these trips including ticet this year.

8 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

On a side note and putting aside the season ticket drama of the so called Kenton 2, it’s rather ironic that the club is trying to stamp out touting with this fella employed. Maybe, he’s judging fans by his own actions, and these tickets appearing on secondary sites well, all allegedly of course.

He’s not employed by the club is he?

55 minutes ago, SteV said:

They should only have been cleared if you gave up your ST up.

I'm sure I lost some loyalty points way back, maybe due to changing the website systems or maybe I just set up a new account, can't remember. 

I only had a couple IIRC, but my current purchase history only goes back to my membership for the 2021 season. 

Not that it matters but the website has nowhere near all the games I've been to. 

Edit: actually the credit card purchase history goes back to 2018, but the tickets aren't listed in ticket history. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

22 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

boyd weddell is an absolute whopping, corrupt thundercunt who should nowhere near the position he's in. 

bizarrely protected by both his then boss steve storey as well as wendy taylor at the time of the bruges ticket sales he was overlooked for promotion within to the top job when storey left.

he now acts as henchman to dave gregory, another incompetent, lying cunt.

weddell will be the one handing out punishments of loyalty point losses and season ticket pulls for doing far less than he did.

cunt's not fit to hand out parking tickets.

So perhaps it seems that with Brighton selling out on 1+ points and balloting for ST holders (presumably on 0 points) the away system is now more fair?

It would be nice if the Club could liaise with the the Trust @Gregto implement a similar system for home tickets and members.

*And away loyalty points for members (should away tickets ever drop to members?)