Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

You have to know when to sell players as well, its something we've never got right (minus Andy Carroll) and something we hopefully do in the future. Dyer, Jenas, Tiote, Cisse & Bellamy spring to mind. If someone comes and offers a record sale for us, we'd really need to consider it.

He's not going to Man U or anywhere else, but obviously Miggy's agent is going to use this golden run of form to try to get a better contract. At some point we'll happily give him one as well, once he's shown that the goals are here to stay.

8 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

He's only got a year and a half left. We have loads of players in a similar position too. Trippier, Krafth, Schar, Burn, Shelvey, Wood, etc.

Be interesting to see what they do with those. Wonder if any of the others have automatic extensions that kick in? 

56 minutes ago, Dokko said:

You have to know when to sell players as well, its something we've never got right (minus Andy Carroll) and something we hopefully do in the future. Dyer, Jenas, Tiote, Cisse & Bellamy spring to mind. If someone comes and offers a record sale for us, we'd really need to consider it.

Ashworth will have contingency plans in place in the form of a shadow XI, as he did at BHA to great success. Not at all worried if someone wants to pay through the nose for one of our players. We’re much more about the collective and the process under Howe and Ashworth than about the individual. I also severely doubt a player like Almiron would be able to reproduce this sort of form elsewhere. Howe has basically taylor made a position for him with the likes of Bruno and Trippier playing him in and dovetailing beautifully. At Man U he would soon be warming the bench with Martin. No way he’d even contemplate going for that reason. Not that the rumour is even true of course.

11 minutes ago, Disco said:

Be interesting to see what they do with those. Wonder if any of the others have automatic extensions that kick in? 

So just had a look, that summer the following players will be out of contract (age in summer 2024):

Trippier (33)

Manquillo (30)

Krafth (29)

Schar (32)

Lascelles (30)

Burn (32)

Shelvey (32)

Miggy (30)

Wilson (32) 

Wood (32)

Wilson has allegedly signed a new deal and it wouldn't be surprising if the new lads had options to extend. But with the age profile of the squad it wouldn't be surprising if a few were moved on leading up to that summer.

10 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

So just had a look, that summer the following players will be out of contract (age in summer 2024):

Trippier (33)

Manquillo (30)

Krafth (29)

Schar (32)

Lascelles (30)

Burn (32)

Shelvey (32)

Miggy (30)

Wilson (32) 

Wood (32)

Wilson has allegedly signed a new deal and it wouldn't be surprising if the new lads had options to extend. But with the age profile of the squad it wouldn't be surprising if a few were moved on leading up to that summer.

Aye was thinking that myself. Seems like a natural break for a lot of players. You’d maybe keep Wilson, Trips, and Burn for squad morale and professionalism but I’d be surprised if any of the others were here.

As has been said we’ll need to start bringing in money from somewhere even if it small scale at first.

14 minutes ago, Disco said:

Aye was thinking that myself. Seems like a natural break for a lot of players. You’d maybe keep Wilson, Trips, and Burn for squad morale and professionalism but I’d be surprised if any of the others were here.

As has been said we’ll need to start bringing in money from somewhere even if it small scale at first.

I know we’ll have moved on a bit by then hopefully, but I’d be keeping Schar around as 3rd or 4th choice CB too, like.

It’s not like he’ll be dead. Just 32.

10 minutes ago, Smal said:

I know we’ll have moved on a bit by then hopefully, but I’d be keeping Schar around as 3rd or 4th choice CB too, like.

It’s not like he’ll be dead. Just 32.

Aye me too as I really like him and he seems a good lad but I think it’s a logical one that he leaves. Certainly his game isn’t based on speed and he’s not played hundreds and hundreds of games so you’d think he’d have a couple more years in him. 

As you say it all hinges on where we’re at. Sat in mid table and the picture looks a lot different and maybe mood has changed on players.

As someone mentioned we’ve never been good sellers but we’re probably a few years of needing to be as we don’t have the churn of talent deep enough in the squad. You’d hope in future for example if Kuol doesn’t make it he’s peddled for £10-20m after a bit loan spell somewhere etc like Chelsea and City manage to do. That’s years off mind. Nice to think about though.

Seriously though, Miggy is doing great and the finishing speaks for itself, but like I think Shearer pointed out, a lot of it is down to having Trippier with him on that side and also Eddie's coaching. If he moved to Man Utd he'd just regress back to old Miggy.

16 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Seriously though, Miggy is doing great and the finishing speaks for itself, but like I think Shearer pointed out, a lot of it is down to having Trippier with him on that side and also Eddie's coaching. If he moved to Man Utd he'd just regress back to old Miggy.

good pony though I think Manchester United have the likes of Eriksen and their very own Bruno that can also spot those runs in behind

31 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

Looks like a good all-rounder. Confident in his decision-making.

Arsenal are the club that gives the rest of us hope - they bring good young players through. It's a tough task trying to compete with Man City and their ready-made stars, so it would be great if Arsenal could sustain their current form. Not competing in the CL will help them.