Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

1 hour ago, samptime29 said:

This thread in the summer is gonna be wild ? 

Wild and brain breaking. Fake rumours were annoying before CL football. It'll be far worse once it's confirmed.

3 hours ago, gazza ladra said:

I’d sell Miggy.

I'm genuinely surprised people are talking about selling players like Miggy, Longstaff or Wilson. All three have played integral parts in us being in the CL next season, at worst they would be very important squad players who would be playing plenty of games next season as well. It would cost a fortune to replace them when we don't need to. Better to just add two or three really high quality signings and let them fight it out. We don't even need to sell Maxi FFS.

1 minute ago, TRon said:

I'm genuinely surprised people are talking about selling players like Miggy, Longstaff or Wilson. All three have played integral parts in us being in the CL next season, at worst they would be very important squad players who would be playing plenty of games next season as well. It would cost a fortune to replace them when we don't need to. Better to just add two or three really high quality signings and let them fight it out. We don't even need to sell Maxi FFS.

Howe has said ideally he'd like two full elevens. You're talking at least 4-5 signings if that's the case.

I'd also say if we're looking to move to the next level, Burn, Longstaff and Miggy are arguably where you start. Taking nothing away from their remarkable season, but they're the weakest links in the first eleven.

ASM is the one we should sell, could get a decent fee.

He's often injured and has lost a bit of his spark and pace.

Most of the other first team wouldn't be worth selling as the money recouped would be worth less than their contributions over the coming seasons (Schar for example, got a couple seasons left in him, been one of the best defenders in the league, not on crazy wages and we wouldn't get much more than 20 mil for him)

Just need our owners to sort out some preposterous commercial deals for over 100mil a season and we're all sorted.

Burn, Longstaff and Miggy are going to be invaluable to us next season. With the league, two domestic cups and one european cup it's simply not sustainable to play the same team like we've done for the most part this season. 

If we're able to move on squad/reserve players like Krafth (good luck finding a buyer when he hasn't played a single minute since coming back from long term injury though), Manquillo, Lewis, Shortstaff, Dummett, Darlow, Hayden, Hendrick and Fraser then we should do that, but besides them we should only add to the squad not sell anyone.  

5 minutes ago, Mountain said:

Most of the other first team wouldn't be worth selling as the money recouped would be worth less than their contributions over the coming seasons (Schar for example, got a couple seasons left in him, been one of the best defenders in the league, not on crazy wages and we wouldn't get much more than 20 mil for him)

Just need our owners to sort out some preposterous commercial deals for over 100mil a season and we're all sorted.

Is the fact we’d get a decent fee for ASM not telling you something? ?

Just now, Conjo said:

Burn, Longstaff and Miggy are going to be invaluable to us next season. With the league, two domestic cups and one european cup it's simply not sustainable to play the same team like we've done for the most part this season. 

If we're able to move on squad/reserve players like Krafth (good luck finding a buyer when he hasn't played a single minute since coming back from long term injury though), Manquillo, Lewis, Shortstaff, Dummett, Darlow, Hayden, Hendrick and Fraser then we should do that, but besides them we should only add to the squad not sell anyone.  

No arguments there and I'm not debating the merits of selling them, more where we upgrade our strongest eleven.

13 minutes ago, Mountain said:

I think that's actually double what you'd get for Schar, so selling him would be nuts.  I'm with you on ASM.

The only players worth selling would be those we'd get reinvestable sums for - and there aren't many of those on the fringes.

There are half a dozen obvious slots to backfill or swap out - we clearly need (and I'm assuming will be going for) a LB, a quicker RCB, a CM (likely a DCM), a creative midfielder, and at least one more wide forward - and potentially a keeper if Dubravka goes.  That would give us a full squad with two options for all positions.

11 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Is the fact we’d get a decent fee for ASM not telling you something? ?

I don’t think anyone would be suggesting we sell ASM if he was one of Eddie’s favorites. I wouldn’t be upset if we kept him, but I think it’s more likely than not that he goes.

16 minutes ago, Conjo said:

I think Krafth will be given a chance to be reserve RB when he returns to fitness - he looked good at the end of last season.  I'd add Ritchie to that list (if he doesn't want to stay on as a coach).

Edited by TheBrownBottle

1 minute ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I think Krafth will be given a chance to be reserve RB when he returns to fitness - he looked good at the end of last season.  I'd at Ritchie to that list (if he doesn't want to stay on as a coach).

He'll have to fight Ashby for it. There's a reason we were after him for a while and my only Hammers fan mate was pissed off when he left.

Watched the 7.1 Leicester game today with my son and after David Kelly scored his hat trick.. I told him we sold him the next week.

That was one of Keegan's strength in that he knew that we had to keep on improving with each transfer.

God's sake we even sold Cole to improve the squad as a whole (didn't believe it at the time mind).

So I'm not as worried now about selling a Miggy, ASM or even a Wilson in the knowledge that we will make the right decisions for the club (it's not the Ashley days where we will sell and buy nobody)

We have the hope and believe back so sit back and enjoy the summer 

From the 25 squad we have 4 players out of contract (Dummett, Ritchie, Karius and Gillespie)

Assuming they don't get an extension, that's 4 spaces available, 1 of which Gordon will take as he's now 22 at the 

Which leaves 3, presumably 2 of which will be for keepers unless we are happy with any young keepers we have, so that leaves 1 space before it's a case of players being sold/sent on loan

Of the players we should be looking to sell/loan 

Fraser 

Lewis

Krafth or Manquillo 

Possibly Lascelles 

So that's 4 more spaces, which gives 5 in total for any signings above 21 years old which is more than enough to give us a solid squad 

9 hours ago, nemtizz said:

Wild and brain breaking. Fake rumours were annoying before CL football. It'll be far worse once it's confirmed.

This summer will be like having a threesome with two insatiable playboy bunnies. Exhausting but amazing.

4 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

This summer will be like having a threesome with two insatiable playboy bunnies. Exhausting but amazing.

Except one of them is actually Luke Edwards, telling you how bad you are in bed.

8 hours ago, timeEd32 said:

I don’t think anyone would be suggesting we sell ASM if he was one of Eddie’s favorites. I wouldn’t be upset if we kept him, but I think it’s more likely than not that he goes.

What has EH said that makes you think he’s not? He always highlights what a special talent he is etc. When he’s fully fit he more often than not starts. Just been a stop start season fitness wise for him. It happens. If he was fit all season he’d of played the majority of it and the narrative is different.

Guest reefatoon
1 hour ago, LFEE said:

What has EH said that makes you think he’s not? He always highlights what a special talent he is etc. When he’s fully fit he more often than not starts. Just been a stop start season fitness wise for him. It happens. If he was fit all season he’d of played the majority of it and the narrative is different.

Eddie praises every single player. He was just going on about how great Lewis is. 

7 hours ago, RobsonsWonderland said:

Watched the 7.1 Leicester game today with my son and after David Kelly scored his hat trick.. I told him we sold him the next week.

That was one of Keegan's strength in that he knew that we had to keep on improving with each transfer.

God's sake we even sold Cole to improve the squad as a whole (didn't believe it at the time mind).

So I'm not as worried now about selling a Miggy, ASM or even a Wilson in the knowledge that we will make the right decisions for the club (it's not the Ashley days where we will sell and buy nobody)

We have the hope and believe back so sit back and enjoy the summer 

Totally get you and I think the Kelly situation is a good comparison, in that we made potentially unpopular squad changes due to our circumstances changing; back then it was Div 1 to Premiership - now it's no European competition to Champions League.

However, I wouldn't include Wilson in that batch of possible sales because he's just so good. I don't think we could realistically upgrade on our better-than 1 in 2 striker without breaking the bank or absolutely genius scouting. Besides, his replacement is probably already here in the shape of Isak.