Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

Selling Wilson would be lunacy. He's easily got a few years left in him. I genuinely don't wish to see any of the main squad sold in the summer, they deserve a go at Europe for their unbelievable efforts. We need to be adding to the squad first and foremost. I get FFP is a concern, and to that end, wouldn't be surprised to see a few players go (Targett and ASM), but in the main, I think we'll keep most people.

I get the need to sell to help FFP, but we likely aren't ever going to have a bunch of players as special as this team, the morale in the squad, the turn around from being Bruced to how they are now, and the change that they've been a part of.

I'd rather see us reward those that have been a part of the journey then move them on at the first chance, and while that won't be possible for everyone, cashing in on Wilson feels different to letting the likes of Fraser go.

Why would we sell Wilson man? He's a hares breath away from scoring 20 premier league goals, his value due to his age won't be astronomical and to sign a young forward with same output will be astronomical

No way are we selling Wilson. We do need another striker though because it's all well and good having both Isak and Wilson on at the same time but there's no option to change it at the moment.

I think the issue we have is that we don’t have many expendable players that have a low book price that would be worth much money, which is why Wilson, ASM and Almiron get mentioned.

If we could get £25 million for Wilson which potentially we could, it would leave us with £20 million profit we can book. That offsets a £100 million spend this summer over 5 year contracts, although we will need to find the next instalment next year and those that follow. 

The flip side of not having many players with book value that are expendable is that we have a huge amount of potential to grow the club’s finances commercially, so to plug that gap until we get there is that manoeuvring.

It reminds me of Howe’s comments around the cup final that some of those players won’t be here next season or words similar to that, it is all about getting the club from A to B.

Edited by Matt1892

Fucking hell, it's easy to see how rumours start. If I didn't know how this conversation started I'd think he'd been linked away.

Edited by 80

9 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Tierney on the bench with Xhaka at lb, wonder if the deal is done already and they don’t wanna risk an injury 

They’re still playing for the league title. Of course he would play if Arteta wanted him to play.

12 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Tierney on the bench with Xhaka at lb, wonder if the deal is done already and they don’t wanna risk an injury 

Someone on here said today that the deal was already done. It does seem like it might be tbh.

4 hours ago, splinter said:

Would  let wilson go st 31 and injury record

Complete turnaround but happy for him to stay. By this time next Sunday he could have 20 goals this season, phenomenal given his post WC slump.

6 hours ago, McCormick said:

Yeah, not cheap :lol: . Similar player to  Maddison who we can get for 20m cheaper (albeit he’s a lot younger).

I think this kid will be a level above Maddison in a year or two, mind you I’d have Maddison in a heartbeat too.

5 minutes ago, BlazeT44 said:

With Top 4 and CL all but confirmed, it's time to break the cheque book out.

Time for 5-6 quality signings and 2-3 outgoings.

I mean, I'm all for the enthusiasm but we have spent 250m in 18 months.

I can see us doing something similar.

1 hour ago, TRon said:

Someone on here said today that the deal was already done. It does seem like it might be tbh.

Read yesterday that we are his first priority because he also wants to be closer to home in Scotland, so it may well be.

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Read yesterday that we are his first priority because he also wants to be closer to home in Scotland, so it may well be.

Good signing. Takes Burn from LB and technically gives us a 2nd choice LB and 4th choice CB. Still seeing us bringing in #2/3 choice CB to compete with Schar.

Wouldn't be surprised if Lascelles and Targett are moved on... 

Edited by BlazeT44