Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

7 hours ago, STM said:

It's a fair question. What would you do if a 30m bid came in for Wilson, 25m for Miggy, 25m for Schar.

I know we don't need to sell players, nor do I want to.... I would like to see the debate opened up.

I’d sell Miggy.

Despite many of our players having an amazing season, there is still plenty of deadweight we need to shift. 

Richie, Longstaff, Dummett, Karius & Gillespie leaving will help get our wages down and make some room. 

However that still leaves us with Kraft, Lewis, Manquillo & Fraser, who I cant see getting much if any game time next year who must all be on decent amounts. I can see one of Manquillo/Kraft staying, but no need to have both still in the squad. The big issues is besides those two I can't imagine anyone wanting to take the other two off our hands. 

11 minutes ago, gazza ladra said:

I’d sell Miggy.

Idk about this one. 25m for Miggy would just mean we need to replace him in the squad. He loves this club, hes found a new gear this season. Hes great in the locker room. Endless work rate. I think I'd like to keep him for congested schedule, cup matches, 20-30min cameo off the bench to provide energy and see out matches. He carried us for a month. I think of all the players in the original post, I wouldnt sell any of them. Keep Callum as a bench ST. Keep Schar as depth at CB. I  dont think those 3 are the type of player we need to sell with their character, work rate, price, etc. I prefer we cut all the dead wood mentioned in the post just above me. In football manager terms "sell for any price". We could easily have 60-70 matches to play next season. If it came down to it I would rather let ASM go than Miggy. 

10 minutes ago, maybe_next_year said:

Despite many of our players having an amazing season, there is still plenty of deadweight we need to shift. 

Richie, Longstaff, Dummett, Karius & Gillespie leaving will help get our wages down and make some room. 

However that still leaves us with Kraft, Lewis, Manquillo & Fraser, who I cant see getting much if any game time next year who must all be on decent amounts. I can see one of Manquillo/Kraft staying, but no need to have both still in the squad. The big issues is besides those two I can't imagine anyone wanting to take the other two off our hands. 

Longstaff is arguably one of the players of the season. Unless you're referring to Matty. Would keep Karius too. 

14 minutes ago, Barton7 said:

Longstaff is arguably one of the players of the season. Unless you're referring to Matty. Would keep Karius too. 

If it's between Karius and Gillespie, then Gillespie has to go. If he couldn't get in ahead of Karius for the Cup Final, then he's never going to play.

Hasn’t Karius’ girlfriend asked him to leave us?

No doubt Newcastle is too far away from her mates.

I honestly think Dubs needs to be shifted off. I know he’s been on the bench when he came back, but that whole situation around the cup final was ridiculous. The fact that he never wanted to fight for his place as well.

4 minutes ago, bigfella said:

If it's between Karius and Gillespie, then Gillespie has to go. If he couldn't get in ahead of Karius for the Cup Final, then he's never going to play.

Gillespie helps with homegrown for the CL squad though 

Unless the plan is to get Krul/Forster as they are club trained too

Just now, Geordie Ahmed said:

Gillespie helps with homegrown for the CL squad though 

Unless the plan is to get Krul/Forster as they are club trained too

Makes no odds, Gillespie, given how many British players we have.

We’d be miles better off trying to get Krul back, as I’m not sure Forster would be an option.

22 minutes ago, Sufi said:

Idk about this one. 25m for Miggy would just mean we need to replace him in the squad. He loves this club, hes found a new gear this season. Hes great in the locker room. Endless work rate. I think I'd like to keep him for congested schedule, cup matches, 20-30min cameo off the bench to provide energy and see out matches. He carried us for a month. I think of all the players in the original post, I wouldnt sell any of them. Keep Callum as a bench ST. Keep Schar as depth at CB. I  dont think those 3 are the type of player we need to sell with their character, work rate, price, etc. I prefer we cut all the dead wood mentioned in the post just above me. In football manager terms "sell for any price". We could easily have 60-70 matches to play next season. If it came down to it I would rather let ASM go than Miggy. 

Well, I’d expect that we are in for Diaby or somebody of the predigree.

I’d sell ASM as well. Rather play JoeLinton or Isak there anyway.  ASM is too injury prone and doesn’t defend from the front well enough.

We should upgrade both.  

4 minutes ago, Rich said:

Makes no odds, Gillespie, given how many British players we have.

We’d be miles better off trying to get Krul back, as I’m not sure Forster would be an option.

Good point, for some reason I assumed HG included a lot of deadwood but it doesn't

38 minutes ago, maybe_next_year said:

To be honest both Manquillo and Krafth are most likely very cheap. Maybe we get a nominal fee from Fraser, if he wants to go somewhere and take a pay cut. Also Ciaran Clark's contract is up, dunno if we have played some of his wages still. Hendrick most likely leaves.

I would rather keep Karius than Dubs, not sure why Eddie keeps picking him as the sub keeper when he clearly want to be away and you would think Karius would be happy to be the number 2 🤷‍♂️

Just now, STM said:

Be ironic if Dubravka left, despite us getting in the CL.

After him fucking off to manu - he can get fucked in my opinion. No time for him anymore, sell.

27 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Maybe because Dubravka is better?

Not for me, I think he is getting on and less mobile, he has been a great servant but time to move on. 

2 minutes ago, STM said:

Reckon he'd be a no brainer for Leeds if they survived.

Still can't believe Leicester didn't go for Dubravka at some point. Such a no-brainer and it probably would have been the difference for them.