Open Wide For Some Soccer! - Poch to the Yanks.

Mike

Didn't realise Portugal were without Rui Patricio and Fabio Coentrao as well :lol:

Rocky.gif

:lol: We're gonna get dicked for sure. Everything seems too perfect. That Eder guy's gonna play out of his mind or something.

Didn't realise Portugal were without Rui Patricio and Fabio Coentrao as well :lol:

Rocky.gif

:lol: We're gonna get dicked for sure. Everything seems too perfect. That Eder guy's gonna play out of his mind or something.

:lol: I have no expectations of leaving the group.

This morning I heard that Ronaldo is likely to be out as well. At least that's the rumor reported on the Guardian podcast.

If true, we're sure to get stuffed well and true.

Anyone think that JK will go 433, with Bedoya, Dempsey, and Zusi up top? (I don't see that we have any other hope.)

hope youre f***ing kidding

I'll probably just turn it off if it is Wondo up top. Makes no sense to play someone even more limited and who doesn't do s*** in the build up

At least he's shown he can score a goal. Johansson did less than nothing in that last game. I mean, it's not like we have a lot of options man.

I'll probably just turn it off if it is Wondo up top. Makes no sense to play someone even more limited and who doesn't do s*** in the build up

At least he's shown he can score a goal. Johansson did less than nothing in that last game. I mean, it's not like we have a lot of options man.

http://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/landon-donovan-usmnt.jpg

Worst decision in the world leaving god at home.

Worst decision in the world leaving god at home.

I kind of agree with you, but I also think that for him to get left out he must have been playing pretty f***ing shitte in the training camp, so it may be more justified than it appears from an outside perspective.

Still it is a bit ridiculous to use a formation that relies on a certain type of player when you don't have any backup for that position...

...and Donovan is no backup for that position.

Do you think that he should have included Eddie Johnson or Terence Boyd in the 23? Donovan couldn't play the Altidore role even if he was in the final squad.

Boyd is the only one with real hold up ability, plus a similar build to Altidore. Donovan would get destroyed up there.

I'm happy enough with Johannsson starting, he didn't do much against Ghana, but I've seen him play enough to know what he's capable of keeping the ball/taking pressure of the midfield/defense in different ways.

US don't need a big target man starting. The general play has improved enough to play a style that keeps it on the ground with players like Dempsey and (in my dreams) Donovan coming forward. Then they could throw on the Antiscores and such when going Route Z. Of the two types of players in regards to Johannson and Altidore, I think Johannson always should start.

So whilst on my flight from Portland to Salt Lake City, the guy next to me asked me if I'm missing my team in Brazil, and the extent of my injury. Confused I asked why, he said well that's why you missed the World Cup for us right? Dude thought I was out b/c of injury. :lol: Shit man, wish I was that good back in the day.

Rocking the grey nike 98 USA jacket and the guy went all the way into me being on the World Cup roster. Hah!