Open Wide For Some Soccer!

Mike

Mexican friend on Facebook:

Oh my fucking god! Mexico losing to the USA in the Estadio Azteca... HOW?! 75 years unbeaten there, fuck Chepo the stupid prick, shit manager. Beaten by a team that doesn't even play football well... what an embarrassment.

:yao:

Grant Wahl ‏@GrantWahl

Small US fan section being evacuated by police as Mexican fans rain projectiles on them in the upper deck.

Grant Wahl ‏@GrantWahl

Now stuff is raining down on our heads in the media section from the Mexican fans above us.

Lovely people

Neil will be happy with that performance. Howard was in top form.

Very happy with the result.

Scotland and the USA both win today :lol: ... the stars are aligning for me. Newcastle to win the league now.

nice to get a win without many of the 'big name' players.. based on his performance Cameron could end up being a decent signing for Stoke if he gets a chance.

Looks like they're gonna play him in central midfield though. That's where he originally started but for the sake of the national team, I wish they'd keep him at CB.

This is a much-needed win for the USMNT, friendly or not. Going into Mexico and getting a win is a big morale boost.

Brek looked good for the first time all year. Howard is a beast. I'm a big fan of Terrence Boyd, nifty little heel flick in the box to set up the goal. I think he's going to light it up for Rapid Vienna this year and force a move to a bigger club. He and Altidore are scoring goals for their clubs right now, hopefully that'll start translating to goals for the NT.

nice to get a win without many of the 'big name' players.. based on his performance Cameron could end up being a decent signing for Stoke if he gets a chance.

Looks like they're gonna play him in central midfield though. That's where he originally started but for the sake of the national team, I wish they'd keep him at CB.

yeah what a waste, seems a pretty stokey thing to do though..

• 3 weeks later...

Game tonight in Kingston against the Reggae Boyz. Jamaica is a tough team, some great speed up top and outside. Wouldn't be shocked if they somehow snuck-in to Brazil.

The Western Hemisphere is gaining strength in the footie world. CONCACAF isn't just Mexico and the U.S. anymore, stiff challengers in Costa Rica, Panama, Jamaica, and Honduras.