Open Wide For Some Soccer!

Mike

Out for another six months.

World Cup isn't in six months, so as long as he gets back it'll be fine.

We need to steal that Argentine forward that grew up in Texas.

Rogelio Funes Mori?

Yeah. You know anything about him? I've never seen him play.

Rogelio Funes Mori?

Aye, he's not the best. He had a lot of hype from one of the youth tournaments as he did ok IIRC(possibly as a result of being bigger than everyone else as is often the case at youth level) but he was a striker that couldn't get in a relegated River team last season that averaged less than a goal a game and was crying out for a number 9. Might come good eventually but I've seen nowt in him to suggest he will more than anyone else.

The Argieball podcast that I listen too who's host is a River fan absolutely fucking hates him.

Rogelio Funes Mori?

Aye, he's not the best. He had a lot of hype from one of the youth tournaments as he did ok IIRC(possibly as a result of being bigger than everyone else as is often the case at youth level) but he was a striker that couldn't get in a relegated River team last season that averaged less than a goal a game and was crying out for a number 9. Might come good eventually but I've seen nowt in him to suggest he will more than anyone else.

:thup:

:smug: Sounds like we have a shot.

There's definitely potential in the team, but I don't think Klinsmann is the answer.

Please elaborate. I think he is easily the best we coudl do outside of Caleb Porter (Akron Zips Coach).

Phillip Lahm absolutely slated him in his book as having no tactical nouse or ability bar motivation what so ever during his time at Deutschland and Bayern. Said at Germany Jögi Löw did all the work and as he didn't follow Klinnsy to Bayern he fell flat on his face.

There's definitely potential in the team, but I don't think Klinsmann is the answer.

Please elaborate. I think he is easily the best we coudl do outside of Caleb Porter (Akron Zips Coach).

Phillip Lahm absolutely slated him in his book as having no tactical nouse or ability bar motivation what so ever during his time at Deutschland and Bayern. Said at Germany Jögi Löw did all the work and as he didn't follow Klinnsy to Bayern he fell flat on his face.

I think you missed the part about "the best we coudl [sic] do"

After Bradley, a big step up for us

Sure, I mean, he's not this guy:

http://www.pollsb.com/photos/o/9270-new_england_manager_fabio_capello_bathing_suit.jpg

but the team seems to be playing some decent stuff so far.

Is it though? Yes Kilnsy has the big name and is a coup and that but Bradley did have tactics etc. albeit not brilliant ones.

I'm just going off what Lahm said btw, he may well do a fine job and be exactly what USA needs. You'll qualify for the World Cup or whatever regardless so it doesn't really matter.

You'll qualify for the World Cup or whatever regardless so it doesn't really matter.

:lol: That is the best "damning with faint praise" I have read in a while.

Not meant that like that at all but if you didn't qualify it would be fucking ridiculous. I think even Kinnear could guide you to the WC. It's only yourselves and Mexico in that region that carry any weight although Canada in a couple of decades may be there or there abouts depending on how the MLS expansion goes.

For me he hasn't displayed any ability at managerial level. He got very lucky with Germany and Bayern he really did just fall on his arse. As for potential replacements? You could have done worse than giving Ben Olsen a go, a guy that's galvanized the DC side and got them playing decent.

I just think Klinsmann is no different to the likes of Vogts and other famous players who trade on their name and coach sides who don't really know better.

Americans trying to play football.  :yao:

:memelol:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/38711000/jpg/_38711263_everton_mcbride2_150_220.jpg

http://images.clickliverpool.com/admin/article/articleimages/1211836178-tim_howard.jpg

Could have at least gone for:

http://www.toffeeweb.com/images/players/profiles/moore.jpg