Open Wide For Some Soccer!

Mike

I'm back off to Florida again in October.

Villa doesn't have Fox Soccer but does have all ESPN channels there are.

Will these games be on NBC itself or is there a seperate NBC Sport Channel that needs subscribing to in the same way as Fox Soccer?

They will be across a range of channels including NBC, NBC Sports, Bravo, Esquire, etc. There will also be new dedicated NBC channels that are there when needed to show games.

You'll need cable, but if the package you have has ESPN, it'll likely have NBC Sports and all its buddy channels.

They will be across a range of channels including NBC, NBC Sports, Bravo, Esquire, etc. There will also be new dedicated NBC channels that are there when needed to show games.

You'll need cable, but if the package you have has ESPN, it'll likely have NBC Sports and all its buddy channels.

Last time i was there was some sort of Champions League/Copa Libertadores type thing on which LA Galaxy were competing in against Conacaf league champions on ESPN and ESPN Deportes so i'm assuming if there is a game i desperately want to see i should be able to watch in the house rather than traipse to Longhorn and put myself through the agony of having to eat a massive steak just to watch Fox Soccer!!!! :mike: :mike: O0

Games will only be on Bravo, MSNBC, etc on the last day of be season. NBC Sports will carry one game in each of the standard timeslots with NBC airing 20 of the Saturday 1230 kickoffs. The rest are on the overflow channels and all are online.

Ah right. What's the point in that then? They may as well show the last day of the season on the same channels rather than some random channel that I'm not gonna be able to find for twenty minutes.

Its still loads better than Fox b/c we'll have access to every match without having to pay for an extra channel (FS+) or the online app (FS 2Go). However its nice to see that those of us with NBC Sports will get that Extra Time channel with a loads more of games to have on TV too. 

Regardless, major improvement. Hopefully we get to enjoy it next season (we stay up).

Hopefully this deal doesn't effect the Canadian deal, I'm pretty happy with Sportsnet's coverage, we get every game in full, they've got 3 channels that allows them to show 3 live games concurrently, they also cover eurpa league, champs league and internationals.

How about online viewing?

Everything, meaning every single game, will be available online via NBC Sports Extra, which will be available at no extra charge. You have to authenticate as a cable subscriber with access to those channels on television to be able to access the online content, but it will be there. I wouldn't be surprised if they offered an online-only subscription model at some point, but I suspect their business model is geared toward pushing people to subscribe to the cable channels over doing the online thing.

This has the potential to be a huge leap forward, though. They'll do a two-hour MOTD on Saturday and 90 minute MOTD2 on Sunday, they seem to have decent enough commentators, I'm encouraged, really. Arlo White's OK. Robbies Earle and Mustoe are fine, I guess, not really objectionable, anyway. For some reason, Gary Lineker will contribute something, although what and why is still up for discussion. 

They are putting a lot of resources behind this move. It's the best package in US history by far.

I'm assuming the "non-NBC" commentators will be the same we are used to, as they'll still have the same official telecast from the ground and have whichever commentator it is....I assume Arlo will only do the NBC main match when they send him on-site, expect it to be your top 6 teams/match of the week type fixture. 

I'm assuming the "non-NBC" commentators will be the same we are used to, as they'll still have the same official telecast from the ground and have whichever commentator it is....I assume Arlo will only do the NBC main match when they send him on-site, expect it to be your top 6 teams/match of the week type fixture. 

Yeah, they've said they're taking the Premier League's normal world feed when Arlo et al are not doing the match...

Because their name is Fox, I would imagine. Just a shit company, I don't think Fox execs ever really cared about Fox Soccer, there wasn't much of a budget for it. Just look at their marketing campaigns, they were constantly trying to bring in the casual fan when all they are is a niche channel that the casual fan would never get. At least channels like Golf and Tennis know who there audience is.

Because their name is Fox, I would imagine. Just a s*** company, I don't think Fox execs ever really cared about Fox Soccer, there wasn't much of a budget for it. Just look at their marketing campaigns, they were constantly trying to bring in the casual fan when all they are is a niche channel that the casual fan would never get. At least channels like Golf and Tennis know who there audience is.

Yup, I'm surprised they even bothered having a 'Soccer' channel. Remember when they tried to get Sunday afternoon games going on the main FOX network, and most of the local FOX affiliates decided to run informercials instead.

http://deadspin.com/5973398/snowmageddon-and-18-other-things-fox-affiliates-are-airing-instead-of-todays-historic-live-fa-cup-broadcast

It makes me wonder why Fox hadn't jumped to this level yet.  They have arguably the same resources so why couldn't this have happened already?

Complacency. They stepped up when ESPN came into it and snatched the CL, but then ESPN showed how shit they are and they settled back. What I don't get is why they're quitting altogether, like other leagues don't exist. I'd watch the fuck out of some Bundesliga, Serie A, and BBVA.

I'd watch more French league too as we'd get a pulse on the type of players we're scouting.

Fox's graphics/studio packages were always shit on the main network and they basically treated the studio team like outcasts man. All the marketing was shit and I always felt like it was poorly done. Hell, the Fox Soccer Report used to be shit and it somehow over-time has gotten worse :lol: Their studios are awful.

Not sure how much they paid for the EPL but theyve been ripped off.  They should have bought The Premier League.

Well, we didn't want to end up with 380 Armenian Premier League games.

Not sure how much they paid for the EPL but theyve been ripped off.  They should have bought The Premier League.

Well, we didn't want to end up with 380 Armenian Premier League games.

EPL?

English Patient League