Open Wide For Some Soccer!

Mike

We've been getting every game live for the last 3 years :p

:lol: Don't razz us, man. Welcome us into the club, get us a cigar and a drink! It's a celebration!

http://www.portlandmercury.com/binary/0b71/1334348560-bang_bang.gif

Is someone going to set up a way for us to 'share' these games in the UK?

I'm sure something can be worked out...for a price...

I want full authorization to use American sports terminology here without derision, in exchange for a beautiful stream every weekend.

I want full authorization to use American sports terminology here without derision, in exchange for a beautiful stream every weekend.

Field goal! No good!

Field goal! No good!

:lol: See if you were a staunch NFL fan, the best response you could've made to my post was, "Field goal! Wide right!"

Field goal! No good!

:lol: This is going to be great for your side too. Rescued by the Yanks again! :yao: :razz: :memeyeah:

Is this a subscription channel? Everything is shown here in Canada on Sportsnet world but you have to pay $15 a month. I was thinking of getting it because every premiership game streams live in HD and is also on demand after. If thats going to change Im not signing up!

Is this a subscription channel? Everything is shown here in Canada on Sportsnet world but you have to pay $15 a month. I was thinking of getting it because every premiership game streams live in HD and is also on demand after. If thats going to change Im not signing up!

I've enjoyed Sportsnet. Think I've seen 5-6 Newcastle games this season just as part of the regular package. Splurge for the extra $15 imo.

Where are you in Canada?

It's NBC and basic cable, iirc. It'll probably be like HBO GO or ESPN 3 in that you log into the site with your cable login and you're good to go.

It's NBC and basic cable, iirc. It'll probably be like HBO GO or ESPN 3 in that you log into the site with your cable login and you're good to go.

Nice! will sit tight and see what happens in Canada. Sounds like the Sportsnet world but without the subscription fee. Very decent.

Nice! will sit tight and see what happens in Canada. Sounds like the Sportsnet world but without the subscription fee. Very decent.

It's an unbelievable set up. It's what I thought ESPN3 would be.

The Premier League needs to sort itself out and provide UK fans with a legal way to watch the games like. It's mental they're not doing it already.

They know the demand is through the roof. They make loads more by restricting access than they would by giving y'all a package like this.

Meanwhile, demand over here is...decent? And we get an unbelievable four seasons of coverage because NBC hasn't got anything else to show.

They're looking to build demand. Flooding the market with PL games is sure to increase the popularity of the sport, certainly more than one or two ESPN games a week. Tons of potential for the PL in the U.S.

This deal might actually be harmful to MLS. MLS games are awesome live, but the quality of televised PL games easily blows away anything MLS puts on TV.

Yeah, that's what I mean. They've given up on Hockey, and they don't have NBA and only 1 NFL game. Saturday/Sunday morning-afternoons on NBC are a wasteland.

This deal might actually be harmful to MLS. MLS games are awesome live, but the quality of televised PL games easily blows away anything MLS puts on TV.

Who has MLS? ESPN, right? They probably deserve to lose that too.

The Premier League needs to sort itself out and provide UK fans with a legal way to watch the games like. It's mental they're not doing it already.

Isn't it because they're afraid that attendance would drop?

It's going to be interesting to see how much the sport grows over here in the next four years. The last two World Cups have changed everything, this could could have an even greater affect than the World Cup. I know so many people who only casually watch games when they're on, would be a lot different for them when games are more readily available.

Who has MLS? ESPN, right? They probably deserve to lose that too.

NBC does an MLS GOTW starting this season. It's not bad tbf. And MLS.com streams one free game live every week. But other than that, it's hard to get quality MLS on TV.