Alexander Isak

Disco

I’m trying to find some evidence of it but I also seem to remember a past manager or someone linked to the club saying the ground at our training ground is too firm or something and it was looked into as a cause of the injuries we kept getting.

Anyone else remember this or have I just imagined it?? 

Just now, LV said:

I’m trying to find some evidence of it but I also seem to remember a past manager or someone linked to the club saying the ground at our training ground is too firm or something and it was looked into as a cause of the injuries we kept getting.

Anyone else remember this or have I just imagined it?? 

Souness.

2 minutes ago, LV said:

I seem to remember non contact muscle injuries have been a problem for us for around 20 years.

But no, it must be Eddie’s methods 

Did I say it was his fault or did I say it’s worth looking into? 

I work at a software company and we do these exercises all the time, it’s called a non blame exercise to discover why issues keep recurring over and over.

21 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

He’ll have missed at least 6 games with this ‘knock’ alone, that’s roughly 16% of the season. When are we allowed to worry?  People also say Wilson is injury prone so it doesn’t count but hes played under Howe for a huge chunk of his career so surely we can still question his methods?

3 minutes ago, LV said:

I seem to remember non contact muscle injuries have been a problem for us for around 20 years.

But no, it must be Eddie’s methods 

Nothing to do with pointing fingers, but the passing every injury off as 'just a knock' when there clearly is more to it than that. It's like they are hiding something. 

It has been an issue for decades, I think its many things rolled in to one, but I go back to the transfer window where enough wasn't done imho, and we needed someone else up front to really push on. We'd have a good chance of being a comfortable 4th had we not picked these up or had more options. It's just a shame that's all. Hate the feeling of missed opportunity.

Unless the players quite clearly feel and show they are being pushed too hard, then its fine for me to keep going like this. But if it is that training is tough and it tends to be that we will pick up injuries, then the club & management would have known this, and really could have got a couple of players in to keep that momentum going. 

Just now, LV said:

Questioning his methods will be one of the things getting questioned along with pitch and so on - the whole idea is you question everything but nothing gets taken personally and you agree on improvements and grow for next project and it works.

I really think Eddie’s ‘just a knock’ stuff is because he doesn’t want the opposition to know the truth and prepare accordingly and also to keep a tight ship within the club.

Its annoying for us because we don’t get the full truth either but I see why he’s doing it . 

2 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Questioning his methods will be one of the things getting questioned along with pitch and so on - the whole idea is you question everything but nothing gets taken personally and you agree on improvements and grow for next project and it works.

Well that’s fair enough. It just seemed you were just jumping straight to the training methods conclusion.

Its likely a mixture of issues 

I agree defending Eddie because he’s done an amazing job so far and deserves it but he said himself when he was out of work he went and worked under others because he wanted to improve and that’s fantastic.

We can use his brilliant attitude and our resources to finally get the the bottom of these things and drive forward as a unit.

Meaning of cou if he says it’s the pitch then improve it and so on but a goal has to be keep eddie with as many choices as possible.

Edited by Gawalls

Just now, LV said:

I really think Eddie’s ‘just a knock’ stuff is because he doesn’t want the opposition to know the truth and prepare accordingly and also to keep a tight ship within the club.

Its annoying for us because we don’t get the full truth either but I see why he’s doing it . 

Maybe, but at the time it felt like masking that missed opportunity during the end of the window, and here we are 6 weeks later and these knocks are very much medium term, could be even longer. That's where my frustration comes from (well on here) as apparently it was bedwetting, but its turned out exactly as the doom mongers had predicted, and they still get shit for it. 

I do admit that it is very annoying mind given our squad depth and personal greediness at wanting to see a fully fit starting XI before the World Cup starts.

ASM's 'niggle' that he picked up at Wolves by sprinting back to try and prevent a goal that was disallowed by VAR for a foul anyway (so if the ref did his job it wouldn't have happened) has seen him play 15 minutes of football since 28 August.

I don't know enough about the Isak one but Howe said in his press conference yesterday that these 3 games for him would be a bit soon or much so the cynic in me says Craig Hope's super duper exclusive is just for clicks. "Newcastle’s medical staff must now determine the best course of action given the risk of him suffering another recurrence," uhhh, yeah. That's been the case since the injury, whatever it is, happened. :lol:

Wilson can't be relief on hence why Al-Rumayyan sanctioned the fee to be paid for Isak. He's done both ACLs since he's been in the PL and that can hardly be blamed on Howe.

1 minute ago, HaydnNUFC said:

I do admit that it is very annoying mind given our squad depth and personal greediness at wanting to see a fully fit starting XI before the World Cup starts.

ASM's 'niggle' that he picked up at Wolves by sprinting back to try and prevent a goal that was disallowed by VAR for a foul anyway (so if the ref did his job it wouldn't have happened) has seen him play 15 minutes of football since 28 August.

I don't know enough about the Isak one but Howe said in his press conference yesterday that these 3 games for him would be a bit soon or much so the cynic in me says Craig Hope's super duper exclusive is just for clicks. "Newcastle’s medical staff must now determine the best course of action given the risk of him suffering another recurrence," uhhh, yeah. That's been the case since the injury, whatever it is, happened. :lol:

Wilson can't be relief on hence why Al-Rumayyan sanctioned the fee to be paid for Isak. He's done both ACLs since he's been in the PL and that can hardly be blamed on Howe.

You have to plan a season without Wilson, and any games he plays is a bonus. If you rely on him in any way, you're fucked. He'll break down at the worst moment, which will probably be today, knowing we have no Isak for 3-4 games at least.

3 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Maybe, but at the time it felt like masking that missed opportunity during the end of the window, and here we are 6 weeks later and these knocks are very much medium term, could be even longer. That's where my frustration comes from (well on here) as apparently it was bedwetting, but its turned out exactly as the doom mongers had predicted, and they still get shit for it. 

The thing with that is that we did try to bring players in. It wasn’t that we didn’t try.

We have a blueprint for the players we want though and a price we’re willing to pay. If none of them match that then we won’t bring them in. It’s a long term project and they don’t want to make panic buys and also as Ashworth and Eales have said recently £200m a window is unsustainable under FFP.

1 minute ago, Dokko said:

You have to plan a season without Wilson, and any games he plays is a bonus. If you rely on him in any way, you're fucked. He'll break down at the worst moment, which will probably be today, knowing we have no Isak for 3-4 games at least.

Isak only missed 6 games in total last season in la liga then 4 in total the season before now this is going to be 6 from 9 for us.

Just now, LV said:

The thing with that is that we did try to bring players in. It wasn’t that we didn’t try.

We have a blueprint for the players we want though and a price we’re willing to pay. If none of them match that then we won’t bring them in. It’s a long term project and they don’t want to make panic buys and also as Ashworth and Eales have said recently £200m a window is unsustainable under FFP.

Agreed and if it the pitch - rip it out because that’s not going to help get players through the door, knowing we’ll cripple them.

I found this quote from a Telegraph article from when Howe was at Bournemouth quite interesting:

‘Howe has previously turned to the books of John Wooden, the legendary American basketball coach, during times of adversity in his management career and there is a consistent mantra: “Complaining, whining and making excuses just keep you out of the present. Focus entirely on the process.” ‘

I wonder if that go some way to explain why he plays down injuries 

Just now, LV said:

I found this quote from a Telegraph article from when Howe was at Bournemouth quite interesting:

‘Howe has previously turned to the books of John Wooden, the legendary American basketball coach, during times of adversity in his management career and there is a consistent mantra: “Complaining, whining and making excuses just keep you out of the present. Focus entirely on the process.” ‘

I wonder if that go some way to explain why he plays down injuries 

Doesn’t help though imo - the first step of growing is acknowledging the problem.  Acknowledging it doesn’t have to be complaining and should be done in a positive way.

19 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Nothing to do with pointing fingers, but the passing every injury off as 'just a knock' when there clearly is more to it than that. It's like they are hiding something. 

It has been an issue for decades, I think its many things rolled in to one, but I go back to the transfer window where enough wasn't done imho, and we needed someone else up front to really push on. We'd have a good chance of being a comfortable 4th had we not picked these up or had more options. It's just a shame that's all. Hate the feeling of missed opportunity.

Unless the players quite clearly feel and show they are being pushed too hard, then its fine for me to keep going like this. But if it is that training is tough and it tends to be that we will pick up injuries, then the club & management would have known this, and really could have got a couple of players in to keep that momentum going. 

Well with World Cup break and January we’ve got plenty of time to set it right!

1 minute ago, Gawalls said:

Doesn’t help though imo - the first step of growing is acknowledging the problem.  Acknowledging it doesn’t have to be complaining and should be done in a positive way.

Im not saying he doesn’t acknowledge them. Of course he will. I just don’t think he likes using them as an excuse though and hence he minimises them in press conferences. 

With all due respect to Hope, on a Thursday podcast with TF he was saying he felt Isak could be bench for Sunday and then on Friday Howe said this weeks fixtures are maybe too soon for Isak and then on Sunday he drops this article that’s just frustrated all of us and added another level of unnecessary shit Howe and co need to manage. 

im all for the press writing the stories about Isak and Maxi injury blows but it seems a bit counterintuitive for a north east journalist to do before a massive Match without allowing Howe or the club to properly address it pre or post match. 

Just my opinion.