Alexander Isak

Disco

26 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

I still fully believe he will take Wilson’s place. Callum will undoubtedly get another injury at some point and when that happens Isak will make the number 9 his own and we’ll never look back.

I think you’re right to a point as Wilson has shown how easily he picks up knocks. To keep him healthy I think you’ll see Isak eased into greater minutes through the middle particularly away from home as I’ve said. Very exciting to see what Isak can do and I’m sure he’ll learn loads from Wilson to improve his game.

Or we might switch to 4-4-2. It was Eddie’s favorite tactic, and Isak can play the deep lying forward role very well. 4-4-2 can be very powerful with all the high pressing and constant off the ball movement that we play. 

Edited by Solitude20

• 2 weeks later...

Interested to see how he'll slot in eventually. I don't mean to jinx it but hopefully he doesn't disrupt our balance :lol: Damn these luxury problems...

Edited by 80

Reckon in games against better opponents we might start him at CF with Wilson on the bench. Liverpool game was an absolutely perfect illustration of what he can offer in that role against sides that aren't going to sit back.

Against weaker sides where we're expecting to dominate I think you're more likely to see him off Wilson in one of the wide spots.

Not to say he'll be an automatic starter once fit, with the way Wilson and Miggy are playing he'll have to earn it. I suspect he might do though, somehow.

Man, the thought of having everyone fit and competing for spots is great :lol:

2 minutes ago, Shak said:

Reckon in games against better opponents we might start him at CF with Wilson on the bench. Liverpool game was an absolutely perfect illustration of what he can offer in that role against sides that aren't going to sit back.

Against weaker sides where we're expecting to dominate I think you're more likely to see him off Wilson in one of the wide spots.

Not to say he'll be an automatic starter once fit, with the way Wilson and Miggy are playing he'll have to earn it. I suspect he might do though, somehow.

Man, the thought of having everyone fit and competing for spots is great :lol:

Plus Maddison and Danilo

7 hours ago, 80 said:

He's been in at least one team victory photo post injury, so he's definitely around.

He's probably gutted missing out on all this to be fair to him!

I sure hope so but I do get @Super Duper Branko Strupar’s point. Seems very distant from it all right now. I know he’s a young dude so I hope he isn’t just sitting there like what the fuck did I do?

I’d love to see some story about Tripps or Lacelles taking him out or something. 

Edited by cubaricho

6 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

I sure hope so but I do get @Super Duper Branko Strupar’s point. Seems very distant from it all right now. I know he’s a young dude so I hope he isn’t just sitting there like what the fuck did I do?

I’d love to see some story about Tripps or Lacelles taking him out or something. 

I would hazard a guess that they are managing his injury and involvement with the squad expertly. 

To be fair Krafth was allowed to go back to Sweden for home comfort while injured. Wilson and Maxi have done similar. If Isak isn't around, it's not a major issue. He's a young lad.

Once he's fit and back with his team mates, everything will come together.

Feels a bit weird I think because Tripps was constantly around the squad and in photos even on crutches last year. Bit different though for a younger player who'd just moved to a new country, makes sense he'd be recovering wherever he feels more comfortable.