Alexander Isak

Disco

12 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Apparently signed with this injury. Now I know why they've been so evasive. There will be some financial forfiets if so.

Signed with a slight injury Howe said but it wasn't a thigh injury. Believe he said he wasn't 100% fit against Liverpool due to hamstring issue if I remember correctly?

54 minutes ago, Mountain said:

It's not just the pressing.

We need better physios or equipment.

We've had injury woes for a decade+

I agree with your 2nd point but unfortunately a lot of muscle injuries is the just the nature of the beast of the way we play under Howe and although better medical personal and facilities would obviously help it won’t change the percentage of injuries massively imo. As we add more quality to the squad we can afford to rotate more and it will offset that, our squad really is kind of balanced on a knife edge atm.. a couple of key injuries changes our entire outlook. Need luck on our side re injuries for now.

Edited by Nine

So injured before we signed him, then injured whilst at Sweden but we are still talking about our physio's or training being the issue?

Maybe it's like Wilson, where once a hamstring goes it's the balance of resting  or risking it will pop again if not fully healed.

Personally I reckon if we were in a relgation battle or had Bruce in charge we would be pushing the players to play asap. I mean if you look at Wilson he was out to three times in 20/21 as we needed him back the second he could walk!

Screenshot_20221019-143339.png

Edited by RobsonsWonderland

Personally think his injury might be a blessing in disguise, or should I say we should spin it into a positive.

He's going to get a bit longer around the group, the club and a mini pre season in November. Normally I wouldn't say this stuff matters but with Eddie I think a little time away from matches and on the training ground might make him a better player.

Of course I'd prefer him to be fit but while Wilson is fit (fingers crossed) we should cope OK.

I know its a cliché but he will be like a new signing, when he comes back in.

40 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

Does the training ground have hydrotherapy facilities yet or is it still printouts and bins?

From the Athletic;

"At Howe’s insistence, they have invested heavily on their existing training facility, including spending £1m on building and maintaining a new hydrotherapy unit"

• 2 weeks later...

I think Wilson may have booked his ticket to the World Cup with his performance today.

Which brings me to this lad. If we can get him properly fit, trained and fitted into our team setup during the break, he can be this season's Cisse for the second part of the season. Remember how Pappis came, he took the league by storm after Ba had started the season so well for us?

Hopefully Isak can replicate that and PL defenders won't know what's going to hit them. We'll have a Plan B that most teams won't be able to figure out so quickly.

2 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

I think Wilson may have booked his ticket to the World Cup with his performance today.

Which brings me to this lad. If we can get him properly fit, trained and fitted into our team setup during the break, he can be this season's Cisse for the second part of the season. Remember how Pappis came, he took the league by storm after Ba had started the season so well for us?

Hopefully Isak can replicate that and PL defenders won't know what's going to hit them. We'll have a Plan B that most teams won't be able to figure out so quickly.

Plan B’s, Oh man!  :tobey:

I'm not sure where Eddie will look to slot him in when fit. We haven't had the benefit of all our fowards being fit at the same time yet. Wilson, Saint-Maximin, Isak and Almiron (who has made himself a guaranteed starter in current form)

I imagine the way Eddie likes to phase new players in then Isak I think is likely going to be the impact sub for a little while until injury or loss of form to one of the others. 

However the prospect of being able to fit all 4 into a formation at some point if they were all in form is mouth watering.🤤

Edited by alexf

3 minutes ago, alexf said:

I'm not sure where Eddie will look to slot him in when fit. We haven't had the benefit of all our fowards being fit at the same time yet. Wilson, Saint-Maximin, Isak and Almiron (who has made himself a guaranteed starter in current form)

I imagine the way Eddie likes to phase new players in then Isak I think is likely going to be the impact sub for a little while until injury or loss of form to one of the others. 

However the prospect of being able to fit all 4 into a formation at some point if they were all in form is mouth watering.🤤

ASM has had fitness issues so I wouldn’t be at all surprised at some point to see Isak playing that left side. The key point is it just gives us another option to keep playing with intensity. He can play any of the front 3 positions though admittedly not the same type of player as Wilson through the middle. 

11 hours ago, RodneyCisse said:

Where’s he going to play?

Depends on Maxi’s fitness but assuming no injuries he’ll be coming on for either Miggy, ASM or Wilson as an attacking option off the bench to start with which probably suits him. I think with away games he might see more minutes with Wilson’s minutes being managed to avoid injury and given his style probably suits the counter attack more away from home.

Moving forwards he’ll be pressing for a start either left or right vs Miggy and ASM which keeps them on their toes to play well. 

Edited by ExiledGeordie

He’ll be eased in but unfortunately it’ll be for Miggy (who I fucking love) because Miggy will come off the boil at some point.

I really hope Howe finds a new spot for Miggy though, somewhere in that midfield three behind the three forward players.