Other games (2024/25)

simonsays

2 minutes ago, Sempiternal said:

I mean rashford outscored any arsenal player. The difference is they have Jesus/Martinelli/Saka on double figures. One goal scorer won’t change that. Their midfield is also aging out. It’s a lot more than just one goalscorer imo.  Kane had bagged shit loads of goals his whole career and never really got close to the title aside from once.

Rashford's best position in the on the left though. If he's playing centrally we take a huge drop off somewhere. If he plays on the left we either have a horse or a crock to play through the middle. 

Mount is a good signing to replace Eriksen IMO, but a striker is of utmost importance. If we can't get an elite one like Kane or Osimhen, even someone like Hojland will be a massive improvement. 

Getting tired of defending De Gea now too. Think we need to replace him soon. 

12 minutes ago, Pata said:

Nah, he has lots of mates here and doesn't post on other forums. Why wouldn't he be posting here especially when he was forced to watch the final at home?

My only major gripe with Froggy these days is that he doesn’t get on with Kid Icarus. I like both posters in all honesty but I tend to agree with KI on a lot of stuff but I mainly appreciate Froggy for his expert trolling technique 

5 minutes ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

Maybe. But Froggy doesn’t just comment exclusively on football topics on the forum from what I’ve seen. He’s also active in the general chat and gaming sections, part of the community here and always comes across well to me like. 

It’s his business anyway, if he likes to post here, that should be enough.

Yep and equally I can have an opinion.  I'm not abusing him not questioning every post harassing etc .  I just raised that chosing to post on a forum when "everyone hates us" when you must already be down about a game is somewhat masochistic. 

I'll leave it as I'm not bothered.  It just amuses me.

24 minutes ago, Froggy said:

No mate. Don't post on any forums but this one. Can't really handle it. 

Can get frustrated on here as everyone hates us but at the same time it's quite consistent. :lol:

nah ur liked it,but sadly we have some right fannys here too who still have breakfast and tea cooked by mama

1 minute ago, Sempiternal said:

I mean rashford outscored any arsenal player. The difference is they have Jesus/Martinelli/Saka on double figures. One goal scorer won’t change that. Their midfield is also aging out. It’s a lot more than just one goalscorer imo.  Kane had bagged shit loads of goals his whole career and never really got close to the title aside from once.

Without being reductive, whenever I watch Man United play, it’s so obvious they lack that quality centre-forward and focal point. I think if they can add that quality, someone like Kane. The rest of the team would go up a level. You will see greater goal-contributions from every Man United attacker.

The problem with Spurs is that they’ve often been weighed-down by just absolutely awful recruitment in key areas of the team.

It doesn’t matter if Kane scores 30 goals if your back-four has Emerson, Dier and Sessegnon, because you’ll concede pretty much every game. 

Man United under Ten Hag seem way more solid to me, they have genuine world-class talent in fundamental positions and will strengthen further, (in addition to a signing like Kane).

Caveating this post with I definitely make Man City favourites again regardless!

1 minute ago, Froggy said:

Rashford's best position in the on the left though. If he's playing centrally we take a huge drop off somewhere. If he plays on the left we either have a horse or a crock to play through the middle. 

Mount is a good signing to replace Eriksen IMO, but a striker is of utmost importance. If we can't get an elite one like Kane or Osimhen, even someone like Hojland will be a massive improvement. 

Getting tired of defending De Gea now too. Think we need to replace him soon. 

I’m really not sure about mount, he had that one incredible season but he was playing some weird hybrid role, he will work a lot harder than Eriksen for sure, but he’s a strange player. 

I feel bad for DDG honestly, he’s objectively been one of the best PL keepers ever but he’s compounding mistakes at the minute. He’s not at Ederson or Allison’s level. He’d still be number 1 abroad, he should go back to Spain. 

8 minutes ago, Froggy said:

I don't even see it as a football forum or a Newcastle forum to be fair, as hard as some people might find that difficult to understand. Part of my life this place. :lol: FA Cup final day or not. Even if I had went out I'd have popped on here to see what you all thought. 

Fair enough and please don't take my posts as abuse, harassment etc.  I could not understand something and questioned it.  Are you from the north east?  Just asking as was wondering what originally attracted you here?

1 minute ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

Without being reductive, whenever I watch Man United play, it’s so obvious they lack that quality centre-forward and focal point. I think if they can add that quality, someone like Kane. The rest of the team would go up a level. You will see greater goal-contributions from every Man United attacker.

The problem with Spurs is that they’ve often been weighed-down by just absolutely awful recruitment in key areas of the team.

It doesn’t matter if Kane scores 30 goals if your back-four has Emerson, Dier and Sessegnon, because you’ll concede pretty much every game. 

Man United under Ten Hag seem way more solid to me, they have genuine world-class talent in fundamental positions and will strengthen further, (in addition to a signing like Kane).

Caveating this post with I definitely make Man City favourites again regardless!

Fair enough, I can see your point, I just disagree in that I think they have more issues than just a striker.  Yeah Kane’s team this year has been bad but he’s been in some pretty decent Spurs sides. I don’t see many world class players there. Casimero maybe, but he’s aging. Fernandes when he’s on it. GK not any more, Antony and Sancho wouldn’t get in any of the other big teams. Varane is aging. Be interesting though. The league will be a lot stronger next year so I’m insanely glad we got CL this season 

23 minutes ago, gbandit said:

My only major gripe with Froggy these days is that he doesn’t get on with Kid Icarus. I like both posters in all honesty but I tend to agree with KI on a lot of stuff but I mainly appreciate Froggy for his expert trolling technique 

Kid Icarus is just ubiquitous in every topic or post so tends to clash more than most. We tend to clash quite often then go through periods of being amicable but we're just very different. :lol:

Quality poster at the same time and offers a lot to the board. Others are just ignorant and aggressive with any substance. 

Edited by Froggy

41 minutes ago, Froggy said:

City time wasting at the end. Can't remember the last time I've seen that. 

We're much better than people give us credit for. Strong second half.

A top striker puts us back in contention. Good season. 

Your starting XI cost around £430-450m today. :lol:

Yous should bloody be fantastic. 

4 minutes ago, KetsbaiaIsBald said:

Fair enough and please don't take my posts as abuse, harassment etc.  I could not understand something and questioned it.  Are you from the north east?  Just asking as was wondering what originally attracted you here?

I don't at all. Your question was completely understandable. :lol:

One of my best IRL friends is a long time poster. He recommended the forum because of the games section. Just went from there really. I'm on here more than I'm on any other website. I would say my stats are obscene. :lol:

4 minutes ago, Sempiternal said:

That guy is a dick for sure but I’m not sure we should be arresting people for things like that. 

I imagine it's for his own safety more than anything. I'd have preferred it if they'd left him to get the shit kicked out of him, like. 

Edited by Smal

45 minutes ago, Froggy said:

City time wasting at the end. Can't remember the last time I've seen that. 

We're much better than people give us credit for. Strong second half.

A top striker puts us back in contention. Good season. 

I'd love to see a breakdown of your style of play, I'm not saying it isn't decent or effective, it's just tough to tell what it is watching you live.

Just now, Smal said:

I imagine it's for his own safety more than anything. I'd have preferred it if they've left him to get the shit kicked out of him, like. 

:lol: yeah like ban him from the stadium or whatever but like I’d that any worse than singing the songs?

32 minutes ago, Froggy said:

City added replaced Jesus with Haaland. We're replacing Weghorst. :lol:

15 was me being kind. Kane wins us the quad. 

Jesus played 26 games and scored 11 goals in the PL his last season for City, hardly amazing numbers.

Kanes a funny one for me. Wouldn’t be surprised if come the start of the season he’s still in a spurs shirt.

And if that’s where he is happiest and bonded to that club maybe it’s right for him.

Either way he’s going to break the record for PL goals unless he’s off to Real or Bayern.