Other games (2024/25)

simonsays

8 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Possibly - PL sides at the earlier stages often rest players, don’t take it as seriously. I’d have taken Fulham at home (rather than away) in the draw yesterday, particularly with their fixture congestion via the Carabao over an away trip to say a bang up for it Sheffield Wednesday. Take your point on Rochdale and Tranmere who should rightly be cannon fodder though.

I'd take the likes of Wigan away every single time over the likes of Villa or West Ham at home. :lol:

1 hour ago, Froggy said:

I'd take the likes of Wigan away every single time over the likes of Villa or West Ham at home. :lol:

Given our record at the JJB I wouldn’t. Especially Wist Am under a poor Moyes run at the time and Villa under CarpetHeed.

10 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

It's now not a dive, it's "clever" play apparently 

It is 'clever' play when a Man United or Liverpool player does it.

Boro v Chelsea tonight - should be Newcastle and I'm quite bitter about it. 

Chelsea the jammiest of all the jammy clubs

hope Caicedo and the guy who stamped on Krafth pick up injuries and suspensions 

56 minutes ago, brummie said:

It is 'clever' play when a Man United or Liverpool player does it.

Just noticed that was Brummie. :lol: Duran had a good old dive and roll (x4) around on the floor to win a penalty against 10 man Burnley at home 9 days ago. The contact was the same if not less than what Fernandes got, and the Burnley player didn't even go to the ground.

Do you want to go back and listen to the commentary to see if it was called out as a dive or not? Spoiler: It wasn't. Duran was just too damn quick apparently. :lol: 

I'm sure if we go back to the Wolves/Newcastle game as well there's nothing from the commentator about Schar buying a penalty against Hwang with an OTT dive after barely being touched. If you look through the match thread there's 3-4 pages of many posters saying it wasn't a penalty, but not one condemnation of the dive. Both the Schar and Duran penalties were upheld with VAR as well.

This happens with every team, with the majority of players, in every game.  Lets not pretend otherwise, as it's fairly embarassing to do so.

2 hours ago, Froggy said:

Just noticed that was Brummie. :lol: Duran had a good old dive and roll (x4) around on the floor to win a penalty against 10 man Burnley at home 9 days ago. The contact was the same if not less than what Fernandes got, and the Burnley player didn't even go to the ground.

Do you want to go back and listen to the commentary to see if it was called out as a dive or not? Spoiler: It wasn't. Duran was just too damn quick apparently. :lol: 

I'm sure if we go back to the Wolves/Newcastle game as well there's nothing from the commentator about Schar buying a penalty against Hwang with an OTT dive after barely being touched. If you look through the match thread there's 3-4 pages of many posters saying it wasn't a penalty, but not one condemnation of the dive. Both the Schar and Duran penalties were upheld with VAR as well.

This happens with every team, with the majority of players, in every game.  Lets not pretend otherwise, as it's fairly embarassing to do so.

You are missing one point, Froggy

When it's Duran doing it, it's fine, because that's different. He plays for us.

1 minute ago, brummie said:

You are missing one point, Froggy

When it's Duran doing it, it's fine, because that's different. He plays for us.

:lol: Alright I can appreciate this. Fair play.

5 hours ago, Ginola14 said:

Aye. Absolutely not watching. Detest watching Chelsea, and especially moreso given the complete non-contest the tie will be.

6 hours ago, Ginola14 said:

Unless we ended up winning the whole thing, it might have impacted our game against the Mackems and it would have without doubt knacked us for the game at the weekend.

26 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Unless we ended up winning the whole thing, it might have impacted our game against the Mackems and it would have without doubt knacked us for the game at the weekend.

I kinda think you’re being completely insane here :lol:

You’d have pissed it against Sunderland even with a couple rested, then had a perfect chance to be official “NE Top Dogs” against a similarly limited Championship side with the opportunity for revenge against Liverpool. And the chance to win a trophy for the first time in anyone’s life on here except Cronky. And the first proper trophy since before even he was born.

Genuinely cannot understand.

1 minute ago, Tsunami said:

Penalty that

Was thinking that like. It's never given though if the player gets a shot away and someone comes in late.

1 minute ago, Scoot said:

Was thinking that like. It's never given though if the player gets a shot away and someone comes in late.

He’s had to go off injured now. 100% a foul.