Other other games (2023/24) - Use Euros forum for Euros games

simonsays

3 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Sancho actually has a goal contribution every 180 mins. There's much bigger flops than him, Antony being one. 

Garnacho will break through next year though and Antony will need to be careful with Pellistri coming through. 

I think Antony will be better next season, he wasn’t as bad as perceived. He needs to be smarter on the pitch in his decision making. There will be more investment and quality around him up front. 

Richarlison was the biggest flop this season and I still rate him.

3 minutes ago, wyn davies said:

Red end empty , shows what they are , glory hunters

At least they don't have to travel far to get home, most of them are from London.

1 minute ago, Pata said:

Yeah, Man City are way ahead of anyone and Liverpool probably clear second assuming they sign the players they are linked with. Hard to rank anyone after that, maybe Arsenal third due to being a year older.

Yeah I think arsenal will be good again next season as they’ll sign players and have matured as a team. Liverpool took us and Man United super close despite the way they started. Chelsea will be better under Poch. 

2 minutes ago, KetsbaiaIsBald said:

Do you not questions someones sanity who's only board that he posts on is where "everyone hates us".  And choses to post here on a cup final day?  

Nah, he has lots of mates here and doesn't post on other forums. Why wouldn't he be posting here especially when he was forced to watch the final at home?

Just now, Sempiternal said:

Not necessarily. He’s a clear talent but there’s zero way to be sure of that. Plenty of young players have disappeared after looking promising. 

I’d be surprised, obviously needs to steer clear of major injuries etc, which is down mainly to luck. But from what I’ve seen, he does have exciting technical attributes.

8 minutes ago, KetsbaiaIsBald said:

Could well be, but I cannot imagine a situation where on a Newcastle cup final day my choice of chatting about a NUFC game is a MUFC board.  It just doesn't make any sense to me.  

Nah he’s your typical Manure nob.

Just now, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

I’d be surprised, obviously needs to steer clear of major injuries etc, which is down mainly to luck. But from what I’ve seen, he does have exciting technical attributes.

Oh he’s exciting to watch no doubt, but even thinking of players they’ve had, Januzaj had a lot of hype and just disappeared. The more teams play against them the more they can be figured out. Josh McCehron at Chelsea, Billy Gilmour. That being said he definitely looks good but I don’t think the path to elite is that linear. 

9 minutes ago, KetsbaiaIsBald said:

Could well be, but I cannot imagine a situation where on a Newcastle cup final day my choice of chatting about a NUFC game is a MUFC board.  It just doesn't make any sense to me.  

Maybe. But Froggy doesn’t just comment exclusively on football topics on the forum from what I’ve seen. He’s also active in the general chat and gaming sections, part of the community here and always comes across well to me like. 

It’s his business anyway, if he likes to post here, that should be enough.

21 minutes ago, Froggy said:

For everything. 

You don't think Kane is worth 15 points to us? 

Football doesn't really work like that though. City added the best striker in the world and ended up on fewer points this season than last. 

Of course Kane improves you a lot, but to just claim that he adds x amounts of points is ridiculous, especially as many as 15. 

Wouldn't count on him being fit for 38 games like he was this year as well. 

1 minute ago, Sempiternal said:

Oh he’s exciting to watch no doubt, but even thinking of players they’ve had, Januzaj had a lot of hype and just disappeared. The more teams play against them the more they can be figured out. Josh McCehron at Chelsea, Billy Gilmour. That being said he definitely looks good but I don’t think the path to elite is that linear. 

It’s not no, a lot will also depend on the stability of the management and coaching team. Have to remember that when Januzaj first emerged it was in the immediate post-Fergie era, which was chaotic to say the least.

1 minute ago, Donut said:

I can understand @Froggy posting here...

Newcastle-online.org beats Redcafe any day of the week. 

I don't even see it as a football forum or a Newcastle forum to be fair, as hard as some people might find that difficult to understand. Part of my life this place. :lol: FA Cup final day or not. Even if I had went out I'd have popped on here to see what you all thought. 

@Froggy is good craic, he’s exactly this:

2 minutes ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

Maybe. But Froggy doesn’t just comment exclusively on football topics on the forum from what I’ve seen. He’s also active in the general chat and gaming sections, part of the community here and always comes across well to me like. 

It’s his business anyway, if he likes to post here, that should be enough.

Getting boring people calling him out.

3 minutes ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

I think with Kane’s goal contributions, they’d be thereabouts. City would still need to drop off a little though.

I mean rashford outscored any arsenal player. The difference is they have Jesus/Martinelli/Saka on double figures. One goal scorer won’t change that. Their midfield is also aging out. It’s a lot more than just one goalscorer imo.  Kane had bagged shit loads of goals his whole career and never really got close to the title aside from once.

1 minute ago, Nobody said:

Football doesn't really work like that though. City added the best striker in the world and ended up on fewer points this season than last. 

Of course Kane improves you a lot, but to just claim that he adds x amounts of points is ridiculous, especially as many as 15. 

City added replaced Jesus with Haaland. We're replacing Weghorst. :lol:

15 was me being kind. Kane wins us the quad. 

3 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Scored less goals as well, which I found mental.