Other other games (2023/24) - Use Euros forum for Euros games

simonsays

1 minute ago, Froggy said:

What an awful game. Draw fair result. Won't be the worst thing for us. A little kick up the arse. 

If you offered me 6 points clear of 5th at the halfway point I'd have snapped both your hands off. 

This is a very rosy view of dropping 2 points in the last seconds.

1 minute ago, Froggy said:

What an awful game. Draw fair result. Won't be the worst thing for us. A little kick up the arse. 

If you offered me 6 points clear of 5th at the halfway point I'd have snapped both your hands off. 

If you'd offered me a point behind Man U at halfway, I'd have taken it.  

Didn't think you'd be in 3rd, mind :lol: 

2 minutes ago, 54 said:

What was with Olise's celebration by the way? :lol: 

Scored an absolute worldie in the last minute against a "big" team, and he looks like he's just been asked to read a thesis about carboard :lol: 

His reaction was like he’d had a great career at Man U and didn’t want to disappoint the fans. The lad’s obviously a massive weirdo based on that interview he did. I’m all for him being an oddball

4 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

This is a very rosy view of dropping 2 points in the last seconds.

We've won 9 on the bounce before tonight. I'm not expecting us to win every game. :lol: rubbish performance, but it happens. 

Just now, Froggy said:

:lol: crawled out of the woodwork.

I'm here win, lose or draw sunshine.

I’m just busting your balls, genuinely love our little contingent of none Newcastle fans :snod:

(Caveat, as long as you don’t beat us)

Just now, Froggy said:

We've won 9 on the bounce before tonight. I'm not expecting us to win every game. :lol: rubbish performance, but it happens. 

Going to be massive for your season if Arsenal batter you. Will be Ten Hag’s first real test. There much talk of you signing people this window?

7 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Thought you should have won it - it was one of those scratchy games where you're on top and you just need to see through, but that was a hell of a free kick.

Even though I thought Casemiro should have been sent off, I can't deny he's excellent and has made a huge difference to your team.

Just now, gbandit said:

Going to be massive for your season if Arsenal batter you. Will be Ten Hag’s first real test. There much talk of you signing people this window?

Clubs for sale. No chance of more signings but we've got a good enough squad anyway. 

People forgetting Ten Hag is only in the job. He's done brilliantly so far. 

We're expected to lose against Arsenal which I'm fine with. I'd snap your hands off for a draw right now. Top four is still the goal. Palace (H), Leeds (A), Leicester (H), Brentford (H) follow the Arsenal game and that has to be 10-12 points. 

2 minutes ago, Abacus said:

Thought you should have won it - it was one of those scratchy games where you're on top and you just need to see through, but that was a hell of a free kick.

Even though I thought Casemiro should have been sent off, I can't deny he's excellent and has made a huge difference to your team.

Borderline red for me as well but also think we should have had a penalty or at least have it looked at. 

Refereeing is confusing me these days with constant rule changes and different interpretations. 

I have faith in Fred for Sunday, but I think he should have been booked near the end as well to be honest. :lol: if McTominay was the DM we had zero chance. 

Just now, Nepharite said:

Should have been a pen to Manure and a sending off for Casimero. Then a worldie free kick from Olise, some last 10 mins :lol:

And if we went 2-0 up Casemiro would have been immediately subbed for Fred. :okay:

14 minutes ago, Wilson said:

How is a high challenge like that, no contact on the ball, studs/heel on the knee, not a red? 

Imagine that was a half cut Joelinton? 

Playing Devils advocate…trippier’s v Man City was just as high