Other other games (2023/24) - Use Euros forum for Euros games

simonsays

@Froggy think there's any chance you'll make Weghorst permanent?

Ten Haag seems to play him every game (aware you haven't got many other options) but clear he trusts him. Guess you'll be looking for one or two high profile strikers in the summer though

2 minutes ago, Froggy said:

As Casemiro serves the first game of his 4 match ban for his second red of the season. ;)

Our last 5 games at home are won 4 drawn 1. Unless you meant the league, which is won 3, drawn 2.

We haven't lost at home in the league since the opening game. 

I meant the league and won 3, drew 2 is exactly what I said

Pougatch just said "Willian was a handball, he had to go"

Why exactly? We got a penalty on friday night for a handball, and the player wasn't even booked, was he? The penalty was the punishment.

Why was Willians red-card worthy?

Also, Mitro clearly carded for putting his hand on the ref as the card was brandished as soon as he did it. The real verbals and getting in his face continued afterwards. Yet (as already said) Fernandez got nowt for doing similar to a Linesman, with ex-refs even defending it saying he put his hand on Fernandez first!

Edited by TK-421

1 minute ago, joeyt said:

Ten Haag seems to play him every game (aware you haven't got many other options) but clear he trusts him. Guess you'll be looking for one or two high profile strikers in the summer though

God, I hope so.

2 minutes ago, wormy said:

I hate the shit Bruno with all my might but that 'push' is pathetic in comparison tbf. :lol:

It takes a brave man to stand up and tell the truth. Glad not everyone on here is a maniac. :lol:

4 minutes ago, joeyt said:

I think there's a chance yeah. Martial is on £250k a week and is a complete crock so I would say he's in more danger of being let go. We would be signing a striker anyway so can see Weghorst being kept for his energy. His pressing is pretty valuable. 

Burnley will be back in the Premier League next season so they'll probably want a decent fee for Weghorst mind. 

11 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Who do we need to have the extra burden of final hanging over them?

Rhetorical question I get it, but just got a feeling Brighton’s name might be on the cup. Top 4 is very possible for us anyway. Hopefully do it on our own merit.

1 minute ago, Sempiternal said:

The line you’d presume is not putting your hands on the official, Bruno being piss weak doesn’t mean it’s okay 

It doesnt, but its the manner of it. Agressive, screaming and its not only a little push its the side of Mitros elbow in the refs side. 

12 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

Lol if people can't really see the difference I don't know what to say.

Mitro one was a lot worse.  Think people man u and Bruno hatred cloud their judgement.

3 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

It doesnt, but its the manner of it. Agressive, screaming and its not only a little push its the side of Mitros elbow in the refs side. 

It's looked like the ref says something to Mitro then he goes mental, obviously the reaction isn't acceptable but that's always been part of his game.

Edited by pubteam

2 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

Players are always screaming at the refs that’s nothing new. What he did after was absolutely red worthy, he didn’t elbow him for shit lol

2 minutes ago, Slim said:

Lol if people can't really see the difference I don't know what to say.

Mitro one was a lot worse. 

Was it? How exactly? They were both annoyed at the time and both touched the ref.

6 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Where do you draw the line though?

I get where you're coming from, touching an official is touching an official and fair enough. I wouldn't be defending Fernandes if he was sent off, that's for sure.

But it was so pathetic the fourth official probably barely even registered it. It was a tap in impatient frustration. Whereas Mitro shoulder bumped the individual holding the cards with the sole intention of getting inches from his face in pure rage. Comparable in that they both touched an official but it's hardly surprising one triggered a response and the other didn't. 

1 minute ago, Sempiternal said:

Players are always screaming at the refs that’s nothing new. What he did after was absolutely red worthy, he didn’t elbow him for shit lol

Did i say he elbowed him? If people doesnt see the difference between Mitro and Fernandes they need their head checked.

2 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

Did i say he elbowed him? If people doesnt see the difference between Mitro and Fernandes they need their head checked.

I mean you literally said he put his elbow in the ref’s side, which he didn’t. I can’t be arsed to argue it. Either you punish people for putting hands on the officials or you don’t. 

“little push its the side of Mitros elbow in the refs side. ”

4 minutes ago, Sempiternal said:

I mean you literally said he put his elbow in the ref’s side, which he didn’t. I can’t be arsed to argue it. Either you punish people for putting hands on the officials or you don’t. 

“little push its the side of Mitros elbow in the refs side. ”

After seeing the replay its the side of his arm. Its still a big difference between the two