Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

Just now, OCK said:

image.thumb.png.9976c8ffedbd059f00c94b614ab37fbe.png

None of these u21s better than Jonny Evans. I thought Will Fish and Rhys Bennett were supposed to be good

Anyone who's got a name like Logan Pye needs to be featured in some games this season.

Just now, The College Dropout said:

Not really. They man marked the danger men. Including a zonal man marking of Saka by a CB which meant the defender came deep into midfield at times. It meant Arsenal couldn’t play through Man U and struggled to create good chances apart from the first goal. 

Going forward they didn’t offer much aye. Which is why I could watch their defensive shape so much.  But I liked how quickly they switched it. 

Arsenal are a good team playing at home. You can largely defend well and concede 3.  That Garnacho goal stands and it’s a different story.  But the actual approach was a good one that made sense and achieved a lot of its objectives. 

:sleepy2:

5 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

No I mean which commentators did you have? I thought Dury was canny and so was Neville trying so hard to be impartial. 

I think my hatred of Drury is tied to England getting knocked out of competitions... And his little pre written quips as we kick off.

No way Rice Rice baby and the angel Gabriel  was made up on the spot lol

Edited by RobsonsWonderland

2 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Not really. They man marked the danger men. Including a zonal man marking of Saka by a CB which meant the defender came deep into midfield at times. It meant Arsenal couldn’t play through Man U and struggled to create good chances apart from the first goal. 

Going forward they didn’t offer much aye. Which is why I could watch their defensive shape so much.  But I liked how quickly they switched it. 

Arsenal are a good team playing at home. You can largely defend well and concede 3.  That Garnacho goal stands and it’s a different story.  But the actual approach was a good one that made sense and achieved a lot of its objectives. 

I say this after watching us yesterday for about 70 minutes and not being able to figure out what our actual defensive plan was. Man U stopped Odegaard getting as much joy as he wanted. We let JP do what he wanted. Saka missed a sitter and got an assist but Martinez locked him down in the main. Saka is that good. We made Solly March look like Saka.

1 minute ago, RobsonsWonderland said:

I think my hatred of Dury is tied to England getting knocked out of competitions... And his little pre written quips as we kick off.

No way Rice Rice baby and Gabriel the Savior was made up on the spot lol

Agonisingly cringe stuff. Can only conclude Dury is a massive cunt.

Just now, The College Dropout said:

I say this after watching us yesterday for about 70 minutes and not being able to figure out what our actual defensive plan was. Man U stopped Odegaard getting as much joy as he wanted. We let JP do what he wanted. Saka missed a sitter and got an assist but Martinez locked him down in the main. Saka is that good. We made Solly March look like Saka.

Let him equalise 35 seconds after they took the lead. 

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

It's TCD's world, we just all live in it.

5 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

No I mean which commentators did you have? I thought Dury was canny and so was Neville trying so hard to be impartial. 

Thought it was really cringe at the end on the Rice goal especially. My goodness.

2 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Let him equalise 35 seconds after they took the lead. 

Aye as I mentioned that was the worst part of the performance. They lost concentration. The plan was clearly to man mark Odegaard and he was in acres of space so the players are to blame.  But the approach was a good one and when the players did it - it largely worked. 

But also Arsenal are really good. Good manager. Good players. You can’t stop everything especially when they are at home. But to concede 35 seconds after scoring is awful. ETH should be furious. 

Edited by The College Dropout

I don't know how to feel really. Would have loved to see the Arsenal fans tv crying for the next 2 weeks had they lost or drew but can't be too sad that Man Utd got snapped like that after how they VARed their way to a win over Forest last week. A draw would probably have been nice. Now, we'll have to hear the gloating of Arsenal fans and pundits saying how they always find a way at the end of matches.

Oh, and I agree Arteta is a fucking skinnyjeans pig.

Edited by nufcjb