Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

1 minute ago, Lush Vlad said:

Only got it on the radio. But Matterface is regularly getting very excited about Everton. Sounds like they’re the better team. 

Pardew on co-comms :anguish:

:pardsbeard:

Just now, bobbydazzla said:

Man Utd have been dog shit so far, they’re minging 

Making Everton look like Real Madrid  

They’ll win 3-0 whilst playing shit. 

4 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Rio is such an unbelievably thick human being

Can’t even listen to him, fucking hate how speaks by replacing the th sound for an f.

Thucking fick cunt.

Edited by Stifler

Everton are absolutely dire. No goal threat at all. They haven't won a PL game since their winning streak in December. Very Pardew like.

Just now, Fezzle said:

Do BT actively look for the worst possible commentators? Every game I end up turning it off its painful 

The preamble was awful and I must have tried it a few times turning it off immediately each time. Was it all as pro-Man U as the bits I saw?

2 minutes ago, Donut said:

Everton are absolutely dire. No goal threat at all. They haven't won a PL game since their winning streak in December. Very Pardew like.

They’re not really. They’re big strong and physical but lack cutting edge and can be exposed by pace. Been the better side so far.

1 minute ago, leffe186 said:

:lol: Might be the most clear-cut penalty I’ve seen for a while.

Probably since about 10 mins ago

2 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Probably since about 10 mins ago

Nah, the first one was soft - definite foul but Garnacho had to dive to win it. The second was hilariously clear.

Obviously, the team with the most points deserves to stay up, but based on effort and performance, you'd be very disappointed to see Everton stay up at the hands of Luton.

Everton are the new Sunderland....they circle around relegation regularly and never get flushed....if (when) they go down they'll be down for a looooong time

4 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Someone needs to tell Lucy Ward she doesn't need to fill every single gap with analysis

This is an issue with all TV commentary for me. Radio commentary is far, far better. They capture the emotion and explain what you'd be seeing. Obviously there's less need for it if you're watching, but if you were a blind person listening to both you probably wouldn't have much clue what was going on, on the TV half the time. Loads of waffle about shitty irrelevant stats.

"Garnacho is wearing new boots designed by Nike today, the first time he has wore Nike since 2021" who gives a shit?!

Edited by Heron

3 minutes ago, Heron said:

This is an issue with all TV commentary for me. Radio commentary is far, far better. They capture the emotion and explain what you'd be seeing. Obviously there's less need for it if you're watching, but if you were a blind person listening to both you probably wouldn't have much clue what was going on, on the TV half the time. Loads of waffle about shitty irrelevant stats.

"Garnacho is wearing new boots designed by Nike today, the first time he has wore Nike since 2021" who gives a shit?!

Nike probably do...got to let all those Man U supporting kids which boots to wear

32 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

The preamble was awful and I must have tried it a few times turning it off immediately each time. Was it all as pro-Man U as the bits I saw?

Thankfully I was busy til just before kickoff, I rarely even watch the build up for our games now never mind man utd/Liverpool love ins