Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

Just now, gbandit said:

Outstanding goal from Hull, pure class

It was. They had been poor in attack too. Not flooding the leeds box, despite really teasing balls in.

That was better!

Hull and Coventry have been good every time I’ve seen them this year and neither are in the playoffs. Not all that surprising that Sunderland have fallen off tbh.

Coventry got beat today off Cardiff. Think they may be suffering from the old proverbial one eye on the FA cup semi final! Could well scupper their playoff aspirations.

I know they had a good win earlier today, but must be shit being a Leicester fan, watching these games back to back, thinking rivals are dropping points, then a late goal. I was having a skim of their forum earlier after the late, late Ipswich goal.

Some games will look different the more the seasons pan out, so you can't really tell - like Southampton would have looked tough fixtures for Leeds and Leicester a few days ago, but now might be a relatively nice fixture, but on paper, I think Leicester have the kindest run in, then Leeds, then Ipswich. Ipswich have some really tough looking matches in their final 6.

Looking like a fantastic set of results for Middlesbrough today with them winning and Norwich, Preston, Coventry, and seemingly Hull all losing. It will still be tough for them to make the top 6, but their season is at least still alive.

7 minutes ago, Paullow said:

I know they had a good win earlier today, but must be shit being a Leicester fan, watching these games back to back, thinking rivals are dropping points, then a late goal. I was having a skim of their forum earlier after the late, late Ipswich goal.

Bit like watching Man U!

7 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Worried for Plymouth now. Was really hoping they’d get a win today 

Aye, Home Park was a bit of a fortress earlier in the season, but they've lost their last 5 there, all without scoring, and drew the match before that. The manager who replaced Schumacher in January looks set to be sacked already.

Massive match for them on Friday on Sky vs Rotherham, probably doomed if they don't win that. Bookies think 2 from 4 (SW, Hudd, Ply, Brum).

Edited by Paullow