Other other games (2023/24) - Use Euros forum for Euros games

simonsays

31 minutes ago, toon25 said:

I think Villa will be fine with Emery. He's top class.

Fat Frank might be given enough rope to hang that side with, but the owners tend to pull the trigger with enough time to save them. Wonder if Brentford might go?

Right, I have to get this off my chest.  I can't understand this outpouring of greatness for Emery.  I will stick my neck out and predict that he will fail massively.  Yes you can bookmark this.

Just now, Rod said:

Right, I have to get this off my chest.  I can't understand this outpouring of greatness for Emery.  I will stick my neck out and predict that he will fail massively.  Yes you can bookmark this.

Maybe his record is why people rate him ?

I don't think Emery will pull up any trees at Villa but he'll organise them and they'll be a better team after the WC than what they've been under Gerrard. They've got 10th written all over them

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

He really wasn’t if you take the time to check the actual facts. 

Oh I love people who bring up stats and all that.  Well I happen to know a few Arsenal fans and they couldn't wait to get rid of him.  Says more than the stats that does.

Just now, Rod said:

Oh I love people who bring up stats and all that.  Well I happen to know a few Arsenal fans and they couldn't wait to get rid of him.  Says more than the stats that does.

I said facts not stats, I also know a few arsenal fans who said he did a good job in very difficult circumstances.

5 minutes ago, Wullie said:

Anyone watching the MLS final? Horrendous backpass in extra time, keeper cleans out the striker rushing towards goal and looks to have broken his own leg in the process.

Yes it’s so shit it’s good

2 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Improved them in his first season and made it to a European Final. Rod talking tod.

Ooh look, you got a like from supertoon.  Couldn't give a shit what he has done elsewhere, I still say he will fail massively in the Premier League.  And I will be right.  I normally am.

3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I said facts not stats, I also know a few arsenal fans who said he did a good job in very difficult circumstances.

What were the difficult circumstances?

11 minutes ago, Rod said:

He's a 4-time Europa League winner and isn't the sort of utter shit-for-brains manager Villa have been used to since 2015. They'll do just fine under him [emoji38]

Edited by toon25

Just now, Jaqen said:

Emery's record was better than Artetas at Arsenal over the same number of games. 

I love stats me.  Just wait until he plays with the big lads in the Premier League.  He will not last six months.

4 minutes ago, Rod said:

I love stats me.  Just wait until he plays with the big lads in the Premier League.  He will not last six months.

He beat Liverpool and Man United in European cup finals..