The Quarter Finals: Croatia, Argentina, Morocco, and France through

1 minute ago, Shearergol said:

We keep getting told that he learns from each setback. What did he learn from losing the euro final? Make sure Henderson plays more? Get your centre backs to pass it between themselves for half an hour?

every time we face a decent team we lose. There’s zero evidence he’s learning anything.

Henderson's been really good all tournament though?

Just now, Shearergol said:

We keep getting told that he learns from each setback. What did he learn from losing the euro final? Make sure Henderson plays more? Get your centre backs to pass it between themselves for half an hour?

every time we face a decent team we lose. There’s zero evidence he’s learning anything.

I was quite critical of him against Italy, but I don't think he made any particular errors this evening. Nothing that you could say cost us the game.

2 minutes ago, Flip said:

Apart from the Argentina game, all the worse sides went through imo. This World Cup is deserving of a Croatia v Morocco final. Get a new winner.

Netherlands were the worst side for most of the game, but that 20 minute spell after Argentina got their second was one of their most incompetent and cuntish displays since 1998 (which can never be topped). And Argentina have wracked up a lot of cuntish displays since.

Edited by Vinny Green Balls

Just now, The Prophet said:

I was quite critical of him against Italy, but I don't think he made any particular errors this evening. Nothing that you could say cost us the game.

Brought a baffling sub on that immediately made a run in behind and won a penalty booooooooooooooo

Just now, Shearergol said:

Yet we didn’t get as far as last time? What did he learn and correct?

I’m not criticising his picking of Henderson, I’m questioning what else changed?

Well last time he was mainly criticised for being too negative and not putting games to bed - I think we might still be the top scorers in this World Cup. Seems quite a big change to me.

Just now, Pandamninator said:

Have fun with Gerrard or Lampard at the England wheel if some of you get your wish.

Or do you think Pep and Simeone are gagging to duke it out for the role?

I’d rather keep him to keep England away from Eddie 

8 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Yet we didn’t get as far as last time? What did he learn and correct?

I’m not criticising his picking of Henderson, I’m questioning what else changed?

Sounds like you're criticising without actually knowing what you're specifically criticising. What exactly needed correcting from the Euros? We navigated that tournament superbly and did very well here until we faced the world champions and the margins went against us. The only thing he did wrong at the Euros was fail to manage the lead against Italy. That situation wasn't recreated here so what exactly are we supposed to critique in terms of what should've been 'corrected'?

1 minute ago, Shearergol said:

And? He’s already slow now. But anyway, Wilson won’t be there, who else is coming through?

We were specifically talking about the Euros, which are a year and a half away. I am not talking about the following World Cup. Kane's abilities will probably not be reduced so much. Fullback is way more of an issue.

Are you suggesting that England put Kane out to pasture for the next Euros? If he is firing on all cylinders and doesn't suffer any serious injuries, then you won't need to worry as much about another striker coming through, as we are talking about 18 months.

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

Sounds like you're criticising without actually knowing what you're specifically criticising. What exactly needed correcting from the Euros? We navigated that tournament superbly and did very well here until we faced the world champions and the margins went against us. The only thing he did wrong at the Euros was fail to manage the lead against Italy. That situation wasn't recreated here so what exactly are we supposed to critique in terms of what should've been 'corrected'?

This is exactly what he is doing. And he keeps  altering the goal posts a little bit.

Just now, Yorkie said:

Sounds like you're criticising without actually knowing what you're specifically criticising. What exactly needed correcting from the Euros? We navigated that tournament superbly and did very well here until we faced the world champions and the margins went against us. The only thing he did wrong at the Euros was fail to manage the lead against Italy. That situation wasn't recreated here so what exactly as we supposed to critique in terms of what should've been 'corrected'?

And we completely dominated possession tonight, which is what the main criticism was vs Italy and Croatia. 57 vs 43 is huge against a team like France. Basically nowt is good enough for some until he wins a tournament, which is fair enough but imo ludicrous to judge an England  manager by that standard.

3 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Nope, I’m criticising the media claiming he’s leant from the previous tournaments. I couldn’t really care less if he stays or goes :lol:

He has done a good job but I personally believe we could have done and should have done better. 

And maybe a braver man gambles at the crucial stages of the tournaments... We needed quality balls in the box, you bring Maddison on. You need a fox in the box you bring Wilson on but you have to have a plan B or even C.