The Europeometer™ (2023/24)

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

625 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

9 minutes ago, Paullow said:

Yeah, same. It's strange, it's been a fantastic season, the best for years and years and a massive contrast the Bruce years. I should be enjoying each game as it comes, but while there's something to hang on to, I just want the games to keep ticking off and us hopefully at least maintaining our grip. 

Those can still catch us, but if we beat like Soton, Leicester and one other, it will make it hard for them to pass us, and it does fell like they will run out if games.

Yeah, it's not easy to enjoy the games despite it already being an amazing season. That underlying feeling of dread that Europa League would be a massive letdown from the position we are in right now. 

Edited by Pata

2 minutes ago, Disco said:

Also, Brighton getting to the cup final would likely see them tail off a little a bit like we did.

Think they are favoured in the semifinal considering all the injuries Man Utd have, hope they can do it.

6 minutes ago, Paullow said:

Yeah, same. It's strange, it's been a fantastic season, the best for years and years and a massive contrast the Bruce years. I should be enjoying each game as it comes, but while there's something to hang on to, I just want the games to keep ticking off and us hopefully at least maintaining our grip. 

Those can still catch us, but if we beat like Soton, Leicester and one other, it will make it hard for them to pass us, and it does fell like they will run out if games.

Aye, I see people worrying a bit about Villa but if we win only 4 out of 8, they'd need to win 6 and draw 1 of their last 7 and they have some tough games. Still think it's between us & Spurs, possibly Brighton if they beat us up here but we could have a pretty average end to the season and still nick it from here. 

6 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Aye, I see people worrying a bit about Villa but if we win only 4 out of 8, they'd need to win 6 and draw 1 of their last 7 and they have some tough games. Still think it's between us & Spurs, possibly Brighton if they beat us up here but we could have a pretty average end to the season and still nick it from here. 

Think Spurs are done, it will now be between us, Man Utd and Brighton for two spots. Notice that people are pretty much giving one spot to Man Utd but they could be fucked, all those extra games and injuries could mean it's a tough ending to their season, haven't really rotated their players much during the season either.

It's still looking good, we are way more likely to play in UCL next season than not.

Edited by Pata

13 minutes ago, Disco said:

Stellini and Lloris both calling the Spurs fans out for booing Sanchez saying they’re a thick bunch of entitled cunts.

The fans hate the players and Levy, the players hate the fans, and their former manager hated everything about the club. Hilarious stuff.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

And that's why I wasn't too devastated by our own result today :)

Objectively, Villa have to be considered in the hunt though. Yes, it implies us having a collapse but we can't say we have a divine right not to do that. 5th is unquestionably in their reach, though, so why not 4th?

Just now, The Prophet said:

Spurs still have to go to Liverpool and Villa.

Brighton have to go to Arsenal and Villa.

Arsenal is by far our hardest remaining game.

I'm actually more optimistic about Arsenal home than Chelsea away for some reason. :lol: 

Just now, 80 said:

And that's why I wasn't too devastated by our own result today :)

Objectively, Villa have to be considered in the hunt though. Yes, it implies us having a collapse but we can't say we have a divine right not to do that. 5th is unquestionably in their reach, though, so why not 4th?

If I genuinely believed that, I'd be having a bash at 25s.

I'd also say it's pretty big that our difficult fixtures at home. We've improved no end away but always look stronger on home soil. The numbers go along with that too.

Yup, and if we lose to both Spurs and Brighton at home it's easy to say we didn't really deserve to be in the top 4.

If I genuinely believed that, I'd be having a bash at 25s.

I don't think they'll do it, by the way. I don't believe we'll collapse. One of the few positives today is we were still chasing balls down when 3-0 down in the 93rd minute. We never said die, we kept our discipline.

Just now, bowlingcrofty said:

Could do with Brentford turning over Villa next weeks just to settle a few nerves there.

I think a confident Villa might actually help us given they have Brighton, Man U & Spurs. :lol:

If they could beat one of Brighton and Spurs and get a draw against Man Utd they'll have repaid us for relegation. 

Ironic they have Brighton at home last game of the season as well given what happened last time in the Championship. 

2 hours ago, Pata said:

There's a reason we were favourites today but it's football and games have to be played before giving anyone points. Predicting that we are the better team was right.  Anything can happen but Villa finishing in top 4 instead of us, Man U, Spurs, Brighton and Liverpool is extremely unlikely.

You said they weren’t in the race not that it was unlikely. 

I’d back them comfortably ahead of Liverpool. I’d say Man U are favourites to come finish in the top 4 then it’s close between us, spurs and Brighton and will likely come down to the games between them. Villa are an outsider  and need help to get in and can’t afford much if any of a slip up but are very much involved due to their form and then Liverpool pretty much need to win out (or win all but 1) to have a chance. 

1 minute ago, Ace said:

You said they weren’t in the race not that it was unlikely. 

I’d back them comfortably ahead of Liverpool. I’d say Man U are favourites to come finish in the top 4 then it’s close between us, spurs and Brighton and will likely come down to the games between them. Villa are an outsider  and need help to get in and can’t afford much if any of a slip up but are very much involved due to their form and then Liverpool pretty much need to win out (or win all but 1) to have a chance. 

I said it's extremely unlikely, so unlikely that I don't consider them to be in the race at all. Is that fine with you?

2 minutes ago, Pata said:

I said it's extremely unlikely, so unlikely that I don't consider them to be in the race at all. Is that fine with you?

No initially you said they aren’t in the race this season not that it’s unlikely they get in the top 4. I’d have agreed if you’d said that. 

Just now, The Fountain said:

I said to the lads last night I'd be happy if we matched Spurs result today. 

Did you assume saying that it would be a win or a draw though ? ? As I had a similar sentiment