The Europeometer™ (2023/24) - NUFC to enter Conference League if Man City win FA Cup

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

621 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

Last season’s results for our remaining fixtures got us 13 points. Football is football so barometers fairly pointless but it will be close 🙂

Getting 3 points instead of 1/0 tonight would be absolutely massive 🤞🏻

ManU fans are used to winning while we are used to losing, so we are bound to be more nervous about Liverpool.

Realistically, there are now only 3 clubs fighting for the 2 remaining CL places. 

ManU are as likely as us to have a poor sequence of results that could let Liverpool in. Beat Everton this evening and our odds will be 95%.

6 points in the next 2 games should do it, like.

Assuming Liverpool beat Spurs it would mean that they need to be 10 points better than us in 5 games. If that happens then the 1996 lads can be forgiven as this will be a complete capitulation. We'd need 7 points from Arsenal, Leeds, Brighton, Leicester & Chelsea.

Saying that I'd take a draw tonight as long as we beat Southampton.

33 minutes ago, Chicken Dancer said:

Assuming Liverpool beat Spurs it would mean that they need to be 10 points better than us in 5 games. If that happens then the 1996 lads can be forgiven as this will be a complete capitulation. We'd need 7 points from Arsenal, Leeds, Brighton, Leicester & Chelsea.

Yep - win the next two games and we'd only need midtable form in the remaining fixtures to guarantee top four.

I think the Everton game is more important than I've seen some other NUFC supporters suggest it is.  Win this and I'm really confident we hammer Soton too at the weekend - and then it is pretty much all over bar the shouting.

2 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I think the Everton game is more important than I've seen some other NUFC supporters suggest it is

Aye, it's absolutely huge. Win this and it knocks the stuffing out of Liverpool a tad, it will naturally deflate them if we keep matching their results.

I've seen loads of Liverpool fans actually cheering us on tonight though, they really want Everton down.

40 minutes ago, Chicken Dancer said:

More than likely, yes. Although taken to the mathematical extreme it's 12 points we need. If Liverpool win all their remaining games they can get to 71. If Villa win all their games they can get to 69. But they play each other so they both can't take max points. 

I do fear Liverpool, the fixtures they have from now till the end of the season it isn't impossible they go on a run where they win them all. 

1 minute ago, sushimonster85 said:

More than likely, yes. Although taken to the mathematical extreme it's 12 points we need. If Liverpool win all their remaining games they can get to 71. If Villa win all their games they can get to 69. But they play each other so they both can't take max points. 

I do fear Liverpool, the fixtures they have from now till the end of the season it isn't impossible they go on a run where they win them all. 

Yeah, I had a look at their remaining fixtures this morning and shivered a little bit.  This is the time of the season when sides start rolling over for a belly tickle - I could easily see that lot winning every remaining game.

But if we win the next two, it is hard to see us not getting two wins and a draw from the remaining five games.

1 minute ago, sushimonster85 said:

Aye, they are more than capable of winning the rest of their games. For those who haven't seen, Liverpool's remain games:

Spurs (H)

Fulham (H)

Brentford (H)

Leicester (A)

Villa (H)

Southampton (A)

4 top 10 sides and 2 relegation fighting sides.

Wonder what odds you would get on Liverpool winning all.

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

If Brighton win all of their games they can still hit 73 points, if we're worrying about the absolute worst case scenario.

True, but they seem to be coming off the boil, as opposed to Liverpool, who seem to be getting a head of steam now. Brighton still need to go to Arsenal, and play us at St James. 

If Brighton win all of their games they can still hit 73 points, if we're worrying about the absolute worst case scenario.

Brighton have a much tougher run in than Liverpool

They have Man-U, Arsenal, Us, City and Villa, highly likely they drop points, they'll finish below Liverpool

Just now, sushimonster85 said:

True, but they seem to be coming off the boil, as opposed to Liverpool, who seem to be getting a head of steam now. Brighton still need to go to Arsenal, and play us at St James. 

They've won three in a row, two very unconvincingly. It'd be daft to completely rule them out while they have a sniff, but they've got it all to do.

4 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Brighton have a much tougher run in than Liverpool

They have Man-U, Arsenal, Us, City and Villa, highly likely they drop points, they'll finish below Liverpool

You could argue Brighton have been much more consistent than Liverpool.

I'm just pointing out the worst case scenario which some seem to absolutely revel in. 

In both scenarios we need fluff our lines regardless of anyone else's form.

Edited by The Prophet

Just to clarify my position on all this. I do still make us strong favourites, I'm just terrified of Liverpool :laugh2:

I actually think we may end up taking matters into our own hands. Win tonight, win on Sunday, beat Leeds, beat Brighton, beat Leicester and it doesn't matter what anyone else does. 

Just now, Froggy said:

Just realised I have both of us going unbeaten from now mind. :lol:

Yeah I did but also gave us draws against Brighton, Arsenal and Chelsea. Which in reality, I think we will get a win in one of those games.

You could argue Brighton have been much more consistent than Liverpool.

I'm just pointing out the worst case scenario which some seem to absolutely revel in. 

In both scenarios we need fluff our lines regardless of anyone else's form.

They have been but I think recent form is a better indicator than looking at the full season

I absolutely agree with the last point, if Liverpool (or even Brighton) make 4th then it means we or Man-U have dropped off quite significantly 

Just had the Arsenal All or Nothing on in the background which featured our match. Hugely complimentary of us throughout and you could tell the players were shitting it going into that match with the Champions League to play for. 

Less than a year later and that's us fighting for the Champions League. Unreal. 

Edited by Kid Icarus