The Europeometer™ (2023/24)

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

625 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

It's always the way when your form's poor and everything looks winnable when you're in good form.

I'm just hoping that after the final, regardless of what happens we turn a corner and our form improves. My main cause for optimism is that I think it's solely down to poor finishing. I'd be really worried if we were playing badly or creating nothing, but that's not the case.

That is a fair point mind, if you had won back to back games then e.g. Leeds away will look more favourable.

23 minutes ago, CM1961 said:

Spurs 2 - West Ham 0 (3pts)

Arsenal 3 - West Ham 1 (3pts)

Chelsea 2 - West Ham 1 (3pts)

Liverpool 1 - West Ham 0 (3pts)

Man U 1 - West Ham 0 (3pts)

NUFC 1 - West Ham 1 (1pt)

Spurs 1-2 Newcastle, Arsenal 0-0 Newcastle. Man United 0-0 Newcastle. Newcatle 1-0 Chelsea

Brentford 2-2 Spurs

Arsenal 1-1 Brentford

Brentford 3-1 Liverpool

Man City 1-2 Brentford

Brentford 4-0 Manchester United

Newcastle 5-1 Brentford

Edited by Jonas

21 minutes ago, CM1961 said:

Spurs 2 - West Ham 0 (3pts)

Arsenal 3 - West Ham 1 (3pts)

Chelsea 2 - West Ham 1 (3pts)

Liverpool 1 - West Ham 0 (3pts)

Man U 1 - West Ham 0 (3pts)

NUFC 1 - West Ham 1 (1pt)

Brentford 1-1 Arsenal 

Man City 1-2 Brentford 

Brentford 4-0 Man United 

Brentford 2-2 Spurs 

Newcastle 5-1 Brentford 

2 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

Before today when was the last time we were out the top 4? Seems to have been in it for months now .

After beating Spurs away on Oct 23rd:

https://www.11v11.com/league-tables/premier-league/23-october-2022/

Pretty sure we haven't been out since then, and if so, it would have been temporarily due to an early kick off or something, but gameweek wise, it's definitely then.

Realistically we should be happy if we are the best of the rest. Spuds now above us and Liverpool will challenge them for the top 4.

If we can finish 6th I would be delighted. We will continue to build the squad and bring in players with the lure of cup finals and European football.

I still feel it's too early for us to be in the Champions League, would much prefer a win this Sunday.

12 minutes ago, Jonas said:

Spurs 1-2 Newcastle, Arsenal 0-0 Newcastle. Man United 0-0 Newcastle. Newcatle 1-0 Chelsea

Brentford 2-2 Spurs

Arsenal 1-1 Brentford

Brentford 3-1 Liverpool

Man City 1-2 Brentford

Brentford 4-0 Manchester United

Newcastle 5-1 Brentford

Agreed ... was only looking at todays Spurs result and comparing the same *home* fixture across our rivals. 

Dont disagree with Ronaldo earlier in the thread. Last 5 months of the season with 4 midfielders covering three positions in a team that presses like we do isnt going to get us top 4. This is where the squads that rotate come in to their own. If we had signed at least someone in central midfield, then we'd have a bit of wiggle room. Having Elliot Anderson starting against Liverpool is testament to it really. 

It is what it is, the ownership have been great so far but I think not signing another midfielder in January will cost us CL football. I'm happy with Europa League, its another competition that we could win but in terms of revenue and FFP, the CL would have kicked us right on. With Chelsea all over the place, Liverpool in transition and Spurs with a manager that doesnt really want to be there, with the added fixtures of the EL making it harder again next season, one cant help feel that its a good opportunity we might well miss. 

With a squad that lacks quality in depth and in the first full season of complete overhaul at the club there was an inevitability that we would stutter at some point this term

It’s a mid table squad at best, yet we’ve got a chance of Champs League and in a cup final

We’re achieving far more than I would anticipated back in August 

Edited by bobbydazzla

4 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Dont disagree with Ronaldo earlier in the thread. Last 5 months of the season with 4 midfielders covering three positions in a team that presses like we do isnt going to get us top 4. This is where the squads that rotate come in to their own. If we had signed at least someone in central midfield, then we'd have a bit of wiggle room. Having Elliot Anderson starting against Liverpool is testament to it really. 

It is what it is, the ownership have been great so far but I think not signing another midfielder in January will cost us CL football. I'm happy with Europa League, its another competition that we could win but in terms of revenue and FFP, the CL would have kicked us right on. With Chelsea all over the place, Liverpool in transition and Spurs with a manager that doesnt really want to be there, with the added fixtures of the EL making it harder again next season, one cant help feel that its a good opportunity we might well miss. 

I’m No expert but I don’t think there’s big money in the CL until the later stages, I don’t think it’s “you’re in stage 1 - bang £100m”. Also there’s no guarantees that one extra player would have locked that in either. Same old argument again but I’m glad they’re taking time to get players in and doing it properly

Fuck this settling for 5th.. this season has been a golden chance with other clubs standing in the stalls as the race started.

The World Cup happened and we’ve not been at it since we resumed.

Even with a full strength team we don’t look the same. And it’s not only “just one game”. Aside from Leicester we’ve been crap. Even against a Nathan Jones Southampton we were hanging on those last 15/20 mins in the 2nd leg.

Howe needs to approach this like he did to turn things around last season when we were staring down the barrel of relegation. Some sort of bootcamp and team bonding because they just look out of ideas currently.

Edited by Dr Jinx

We just need to win the cup, anything else will be a bonus. It's been a great season, and we could still finish strong. We were never going to go a full season without some drop off in form.

Look at our squad man, we hardly have any right to be ahead of the likes of Liverpool and Chelsea.

19 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Fuck this settling for 5th.. this season has been a golden chance with other clubs standing in the stalls as the race started.

Even with a full strength team we don’t look the same. And it’s not only “just one game”. Aside from Leicester we’ve been crap. Even against a Nathan Jones Southampton we were hanging on those last 15/20 mins in the 2nd leg.

Howe needs to approach this like he did to turn things around last season when we were staring down the barrel of relegation. Some sort of bootcamp and team bonding because they just look out of ideas currently.

They could go for pizza in Ponteland

34 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

We were decent v Leicester, Leeds, Arsenal, Southampton (a) and Fulham, minus poor finishing. I agree v Palace, West Ham and Bournemouth we weren't at our best.

Spurs aren’t better than us really , they have Kane and that’s the only reason they are 4th ,never been impressed with them once this season , they tend to bully the lesser teams and Man City aside loose whenever they pay a good team . Liverpool have always been the danger  really and will likely finish 4th, we will probably end up 5th which is still an excellent season.

Edited by Geogaddi

Feels like 70 plus points will take us there by the looks of it. That’s around 10 wins. It’s pretty hard to see that in the current form, but we will turn it around at some stage I’m sure of it. I’m hoping it starts next weekend 

Yes we have overachieved and I am enjoying every minute of it.

And we have lost probably 2 of our best players with red cards bruno and pope.

But they will be back soon. Never going to be top 4 at the end of the season but

that's all to come in the future. We have arrived and the so called top six are sh""ting themselves.

Lets just enjoy the Wembley final. And lets see how many points we can finish with.

HWTL.

Edited by prefabtoon

2 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

well, quite. 

I'm not talking about us winning every game and keeping clean sheets all the time, I'm saying if we can be vaguely decent from now until the end of the season, I don't expect anyone to go on an amazing run and overtake us. 4th would be an enormous overachievement but at the same time it would be disappointing to miss out as I feel we can get it without even having to be particularly amazing from now until May.