Jump to content

Safe standing/singing- Please push!!!!


NUFC91
 Share

Recommended Posts

Safe standing is a must for next season. Agree atmopshere was shite yesterday until the penalty. For some reason our club are more arsey than anywhere else for fans standing in seated areas so this needs rectified at the quickest opportunity.

 

For me the obvious area to start would be the Gallowgate upper and the Strawberry Corner. Probably a combined capacity of around 6k there so that's a good starting point.

 

Fans need to lobby the club for a meeting to put forward suggestions and for this I wouldn't even bother with the Trust. I'd be more hopeful of a positive outcome if we could get representatives from Wor Flags to speak with the club on this matter instead. Obviously they already have a great relationship with the club and secondly I think they can read the the room better, so to speak. The certainly seem more aligned with the fans than NUST are and I'd say they have far more respect from the general fanbase as well. I'd be happier with them speaking to the relevant people, as opposed The Trust when it comes to things atmosphere related.

 

 

Edited by Wallsendmag

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, NUFC91 said:

@Heron seen few lads tag you in here re Wor flags. Anything you lads can do to push this to trust as well. Any help be great 

 

I'm concious be renewal time before long...

Will ask Thomas whose leading this with the club and will try to remember to feedback :thup:

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 16/01/2023 at 21:58, Heron said:

Will try and pick this up fellas, thanks for the kind comments re. Wor Flags

I did tweet and drop wor flags message on their site, havent heard ba k. My suggestion be do a poll or ask Wor flags following to email trust/club. Got plenty interest and audience re the scarfs so worth a go.

 

I know keep pushing this thread but thought of European and thousands standing getting behind the lads is what its all about..

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Want to see this achieved before safe standing.

 

Surely it can go hand it hand, but i'd rather 52k and good atmosphere than 60k and shite any day of week.

Link to post
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, BoSelecta said:

I think safe standing would have a greater impact on the atmosphere than 8,000 extra seats.

 

100%. Also if we were to add 8k seats surely we just make part of this safe standing. 

 

Sadly if we don't adapt safe standing we'll get left behind given alot of clubs are going this way.

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, mighty__mag said:

Want to see this achieved before safe standing.

 

I believe in the UK it's 1:1 initially but most places on the continent get more people in their safe standing areas than can normally sit there, and surely that'll happen here eventually too once the concept is proven.

 

So the 2 are not mutually exclusive, introducing safe standing can and probably will increase the ground capacity of and by itself.

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, NUFC91 said:

I did tweet and drop wor flags message on their site, havent heard ba k. My suggestion be do a poll or ask Wor flags following to email trust/club. Got plenty interest and audience re the scarfs so worth a go.

 

I know keep pushing this thread but thought of European and thousands standing getting behind the lads is what its all about..

Think Thomas is gonna be in touch mate. Was flagged earlier on our WhatsApp (pardon the pun)

Link to post
Share on other sites

We are desperate for this. Atmosphere at home games is shocking (I sit in leazes level 4). 

 

I think ultimately some season ticket holders are going to have to be shifted elsewhere, and some are going to twist like hell about it, but we seem to be one of the only top flight clubs without a proper standing & singing end/section.

 

People have been shifted for profit in times gone by (bond holders) - whereas I'd hope most people would agree this is for the greater good.

 

Ideally it would be the whole gallowgate, but anywhere to start with would be great. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Heron said:

Think Thomas is gonna be in touch mate. Was flagged earlier on our WhatsApp (pardon the pun)

 

Yep got reply back mate cheers. Just fucking hope club buy into it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, TheDimpleboy said:

We are desperate for this. Atmosphere at home games is shocking (I sit in leazes level 4). 

 

I think ultimately some season ticket holders are going to have to be shifted elsewhere, and some are going to twist like hell about it, but we seem to be one of the only top flight clubs without a proper standing & singing end/section.

 

People have been shifted for profit in times gone by (bond holders) - whereas I'd hope most people would agree this is for the greater good.

 

Ideally it would be the whole gallowgate, but anywhere to start with would be great. 

 

Agree. Anyone twisting should fuck off, its for good of club so if fans have to move then it is what it is. I'd happily pay more to stand

Link to post
Share on other sites

Surely if we’ve got safe standing in the away section it gets rolled out to home areas next season. That’s the moment for the singing enclosure, be embarrassing as fuck if we’ve got a safe standing area and every fucker is sat like mutes in it.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

There should be a safe standing/singing section in every stand of the ground. Ideally with their own identities but contributing to the overall atmosphere. One single section will just mean the bystander effect will kick in. We need to build a more collective approach to improving the atmosphere.

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Surely if we’ve got safe standing in the away section it gets rolled out to home areas next season. That’s the moment for the singing enclosure, be embarrassing as fuck if we’ve got a safe standing area and every fucker is sat like mutes in it.

 

 

 

Fans got to do more, and trustt ahould be banging on clubs door. They listen tbf.

 

I think if club said we making 5k safe standing and you enter ballot to get thoughs seats it would work, least that way its fans that care

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, NUFC91 said:

 

Fans got to do more, and trustt ahould be banging on clubs door. They listen tbf.

 

I think if club said we making 5k safe standing and you enter ballot to get thoughs seats it would work, least that way its fans that care

Trouble with that is folk are so desperate for tickets people would just purchase them in there regardless if they wanted to help create an atmosphere. I think the place to start is with existing season ticket holders who want to stand and sing, get them together then take it from there.

 

I think a major problem is we need lads in there early 20’s able to get seats together, was the old singing corner up in level 7 not full of younger lads ?

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Trouble with that is folk are so desperate for tickets people would just purchase them in there regardless if they wanted to help create an atmosphere. I think the place to start is with existing season ticket holders who want to stand and sing, get them together then take it from there.

 

I think a major problem is we need lads in there early 20’s able to get seats together, was the old singing corner up in level 7 not full of younger lads ?

 

Yes mate i was up there full of 17-30s. What i hate about it is that seems people forgot its football. Had argument with bloke at fulham game as i waa stood up to watch a corner. Fucking embarrassing man.

 

Thats what i meant ballot to existing ST holders. Stick them together. Anyone who argues is a selfish prick as its for good of club

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...