Anthony Gordon

Jack27

7 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Personal opinion is the club are putting these false leaks out to draw attention to just how shit PSR is. Obviously that’s just a theory but there’s absolutely no chance we’d sell our player of the season, none.

If we do want to sell a player before 30 June it would make absolute sense to have as many options open to us as is possible, even if some of the potential departures are not likely or wanted to be sold by the club.

Having options strengthens out negotiating position for players we do want to sell and it also allows us to understand the relative merits of selling different players.

This 'process driven' cliche the club bang on about will involve assessing all available options for selling players before determining the best available option. 

That said, selling Gordon would likely be a disaster in both PR terms and on the pitch.   

2 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

Aye

If they believe they will be compliant if you include the sales from this summer not just the psr deadline date it makes some sense.  Forest lost 4 points as they delayed selling a player and as a result made significantly more money on him.  I think the premier league rules putting clubs in a position where they have to sell their assets at below market value could be challenged.  

Getting lots of evidence showing that they tried and clubs took advantage of the situation would help this appeal/case.

11 minutes ago, madras said:

I'd imagine any offer would be explored. Can't think of any player in this country who is "no, not at any price"?

Gordon was our most creative outlet last season - even that 60 secs in England game you saw how crucial he is.  He is going nowhere. 

1 minute ago, KetsbaiaIsBald said:

If they believe they will be compliant if you include the sales from this summer not just the psr deadline date it makes some sense.  Forest lost 4 points as they delayed selling a player and as a result made significantly more money on him.  I think the premier league rules putting clubs in a position where they have to sell their assets at below market value could be challenged.  

Getting lots of evidence showing that they tried and clubs took advantage of the situation would help this appeal/case.

Can’t see his full tweet but that makes zero sense. We need to balance the last 3 years books and the cut off is the 30th. What we do after the 30th has no impact as the reporting period is closed. 

8 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Can’t see his full tweet but that makes zero sense. We need to balance the last 3 years books and the cut off is the 30th. What we do after the 30th has no impact as the reporting period is closed. 

It was Forests exact defence last year that got the points reduction reduced.  They refused to accept an offer as they were being taken advantage of.  They argues that the market value of a player was higher at the end of a transfer window.  They were proved correct at made, I think, 15 million extra on the player.  

Edit I was wrong about the reduction in points.  It was their reason though.  Personally I agree and thing the deadlines are incorrect and should be aligned.

Edited by KetsbaiaIsBald

Just now, KetsbaiaIsBald said:

It was Forests exact defence last year that got the points reduction reduced.  They refused to accept an offer as they were being taken advantage of.  They argues that the market value of a player was higher at the end of a transfer window.  They were proved correct at made, I think, 15 million extra on the player.  

And the argument didn’t hold water and they got docked points as expected. If we try and use such a stupid defence we will suffer the same fate. 

Just now, Paulinho said:

The Saudis are not used to operating in an environment where they can’t just throw money at a problem.

It’s not a surprise to me that the club has sat with its thumb up its arse and let this situation fester.  

the Saudi’s aren’t managing the club on a day to day basis, it’s very odd to blame them for this situation. 

2 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

And the argument didn’t hold water and they got docked points as expected. If we try and use such a stupid defence we will suffer the same fate. 

I don’t see it as stupid I see it as a failings in the rules.

Sell an asset for 30 million on 30 June.  Comply

Sell the same asset for 45 million at end of transfer window.  Don’t comply but you have 15 million quid extra.

It is completely wrong for rules to force someone to sell an asset below its value.  

Edited by KetsbaiaIsBald

Just now, r0cafella said:

the Saudi’s aren’t managing the club on a day to day basis, it’s very odd to blame them for this situation. 

Yeah, the people they’ve appointed are. If we’ve fucked up on PSR the responsibility ultimately lies with them.

And the idea that Hope would invent this out of thin air is pure cope. 

Just now, KetsbaiaIsBald said:

I don’t see it as stupid I see it as a failings in the rules.

Sell an asset for 30 million on 30 June.  Comply

Sell the same asset for 45 million at end of transfer window.  Don’t comply but you have 15 million quid extra.

It is completely wrong for rules to force someone to sell an asset below its value.  

It’s stupid because it doesn’t work as a defence and we will get points docked. The rules aren’t interested In weather you should have taken a hair cut. It’s black and white you breached ok how much do we dock.